• Video game ratings are there for a reason.

If the Entertainment Software Rating Board (ESRB) wanted 5 year olds to play Call Of Duty, then they would have put an "E for everyone" not "M for mature". We need to follow these ratings provided for us, and not buy kids these games until they are old enough to understand the difference between fantasy and reality.

• They have bad effects on people.

Yes they should because they cause stress and frustration. They also cause you to be overweight. They also cause you to have a seizure in some circumstances. They also can give you hand, thumb, arm, neck, and leg cramps. They can also give you bad thoughts or make you do bad things.

• Evidence for the banning of violent video games.

There is lots of evidence supporting the fact that violent video games are bad. Brains have been scanned after playing these kinds of games and the results show that there is an increase in the activity in the amygdala, which stimulates emotions and decreases the activity in the prefrontal lobe. The prefrontal lobe is that part of your brain that allows you to have inhibition, self-control and concentration. Without these things people are not able to take control and might act out, hurting others or themselves.
    In 2006, a 18 yr old boy was taken to the police station on suspicion of car theft. On arriving, he stole the gun of a policeman, shooting 3 people in the head, and stole a police car. They found out that this boy had been continuously playing a game in which you shoot police and steal their cars.

• Violence Affects Brain

Violence does indeed have a bigger impact on society more than you realize. The human brain is susceptible to violence after being exposed to violent video games, violent movies, violent songs, etc, etc. Video games after repeated gameplay in a way rewires your brain and desensitizes you to violence and disturbing concepts and images. I admit in the past when I did play violent video games I was definitely influenced by it. Same with movies. I was a lot more angry at society and sometimes I felt like going on a shooting spree but I didn't because I'm not that kind of person. Unfortunately, a lot of people don't have a lot of discipline and strength to stop being controlled by their emotions and they end up actually shooting people. Look at the news, violence is increasing exponentially. So as a result, I strongly stay rooted in my firm belief that ALL violent video games, movies, books, music, perverted internet videos such as porn, etc, etc should ALL be banned. All of this crap is the reason there are so many psychopaths and serial killers.

• Finish violent games!

According to certain people, violent video games should be banned; they feel that violent video games are the source of today’s violence amongst children. I strongly agree with them. Video games, like movies, music and any other form of art, are there to entertain people and to enjoy, not restrict; But games like these need restriction even though they have some. What most people fail to realize is that the video game industry, like the film industry, is heavily regulated with a strict code of parental guidelines already in place. Even the game consoles to play these violent games have parental controls. What I fail to understand is that some parents believe its okay to give their children 18+ rated games even though they are well under that age, and say that these games are the sources of violence between children. If parents would not let a 10-year-old watch 18+ rated horror movies, then why would parents let a 10-year-old play Gears of War, or Grand Theft Auto with its gang, crime and sexual content? Today, the debate to ban violent video games is drastically increasing in popularity. Video games that have violence in them such as Call of Duty, might be banned for showing mature content.

• It's a bad models for kids.

Kids follows things that they see or hear or PLAY. Violent videos games contains activities that may enable kids to do violent things. It's just not right for them to have to experience such thing because we all know that violent video games have fights, murders, and suicides and stuff.

• It's a bad models for kids.

• Voilent video games should be banned

There are many disadvantages of voilent video games some of them are as following:
    the behavaior of the children became aggresive , they don't want any one to disturb them, they like to be alone .
    And some of the small children of age 5 or 6 blackmale there parent that if you don't give me my tab back so i will not have dinner today,and today's parents are very careful about there children they immidiatily say yes .
    So, in my views voilent video games should be banned.
    Ffffff

• Yes, violent video games should be banned.

There's enough violence in the world, so there's no need to emulate this in a video game. And, children often play these games, which subconsciously gives young people the notion that killing and violence is entertaining and harmless. People make enough violent and dangerous decisions without being exposed to games that encourage this behavior.

• They should only be allowed for responsible adults.

These violent games have strict 17+ warnings that never get followed. You should have an ID to be able to purchase them, just like cigarettes or beer. I don't understand how people find enjoyment shooting innocent people. After the Sandy Hook incident, I cannot even look at them without sadness.

• No there should not be bans on violent video games.

I do not think violent video games influence adults into actually killing someone. If you are not a criminal playing a few games will not turn you into one. On the other hand children should not play these games, if parents disregard video games age restrictions they should be fully responsible for the effects that does to a child.

• Banning violent video games will create more problems than it will solve.

Speaking as a female sixteen-year-old, I have played my fair share of video games. Many of them have been violent. However, none of them has had a negative effect on me. In fact, I can't remember ever feeling that because they were in these games - because they were so easily accessed (by me and countless others) - it would be okay to do these things. Fortunately, I am not susceptible to these 'messages', and neither is the vast majority who plays these games.

Usually, people against violent video games and those who have never played them. They see teenagers and young people committing violent crimes and immediately blame the media. However, this is not the case. Nine times out of ten, those people do what they do because of their upbringing, their peer group(s) and (sometimes) their minds. It is not the influence of video games.

I admit that some games involve gratuitous violence. However, these sections are not compulsory; unless it is in a cut-scene, the player does not have to commit violent crimes. For example, I am a huge fan of a particular video game. It is rated '18' for violence, language, sex, alcohol and drug use. However, I barely come across these things, because playing like a lunatic does not appeal to me. Yes, I have been known to go on a murderous rampage now and again, but this is strictly within the confines of the video game world.

Of course, there are those video games whose aim it is to force the player to be as violent and destructive as possible, but it's fantasy. You wouldn't stop a world-class author from publishing his next novel just because it had a lot of blood in it, would you?

For me, video games are an art form, like making movies or TV shows, maybe even similar to painting the next masterpiece and writing the Great American Novel. I also feel that video games get unfair treatment. Why attack them for what they are? What will you get out of it?

I, for one, will be shocked and saddened if video games of any kind are ever banned.

-A long-time gamer.

• Banning Violent Video Games Won't Solve Anything

Banning violent video games would violate some of what we hold dear in the United States, such as the freedom to pursue happiness. If violent video games make you happy, and they exist, then there should not be a ban on them. However, their sale could easily be regulated so that they don't go home with known sociopaths, or that they aren't sold anywhere near a school, or in the vicinity where violence was recently perpetuated. We need to address violence in consumer products sanely.

• No, there should not be a ban on violent video games.

Violent video games exist for a specific intended audience, and that is why they are usually rated M. There is a chance that children may be negatively influenced by violent video games, perhaps by being desensitized to the violence, but as long as the rating system is taken seriously, people will know that the games marked 'M' are not for children. A ban on violent video games would essentially limit what content people are allowed to publish and/or consume, based purely on someone else's opinion that it is too violent in nature for society to handle. And if some governing body was able to put a ban on violent video games, where would it stop? Would movies, music, and TV shows also come under scrutiny? If an adult wants to play a violent video game, they should be able to, just like they are able to watch violent movies, but parents should have enough sense to not allow their impressionable children to play them.

• Do not ban!

I like video games that are action packed and competitive like Call of Duty. I also like Grand Theft Auto because of the gameplay you can play with friends of yours. GAMER ALL THE WAY ;) (Most store do restrict buying games by age most smaller kids are required to get an adult to verify that they can buy the game)

• Parents need more control of their children

There are parental controls for a reason. Parents should be more aware of what their kids are playing, this means it is not the companies fault it is the parents fault they are playing it. It is not possible for children that are 10 years-old to buy Call of Duty from best buy. Since the game is 17+ ten year-old children should not be playing it. In the best interest of the future generations the parents should care more and monitor children's games

• Violent Video Games Should Not be banned for the following reasons...

There are people out there who ARE over the age of 17 who play violent video games. If a minor obtains one it is because their parent/guardian thinks its okay for them to play it. It's not the U.S. Goverment's job to decide what is okay for people of all ages to play. Banning violent video games would not only affect what children play, but peoples careers and jobs. Many gamers upload to the internet where they are paid to upload. There are also people who work for companies that design only violent video games.

• I think they shouldn't be banned.

They are awsome games. I like to play these games. They are fun. They are cool. They are also scary. They are nonsense. They arent harmful. They may scare some people but not me. I lol these games. Because they are the best games in the world. I am so happy.

• Of course not.

Reasons
    1. They already provide you with the PEGI ratings
    2. Many people will be unemployed
    3. Violence cannot be the only reason to ban something. What if tomorrow they learn a abusive words. Then would government ban these words
    4. Games doesn't make a gamer violent but lag does