Should there be a complete ban on smoking tobacco?

• Stop premature death

This vile habit is painfully killing millions every year. Governments who allow this to continue are complicit in genocide. Tobacco companies have a lot to answer for.Civil liberties groups will complain about people's rights,bah!!! How many adults take up smoking,not many I bet.Their after your kids.Ban it forever,live your life.Don't be a slave to these things.

• It should definitely be banned!

What smokers don't seem to understand is, they are not hurting only themselves... They hurt everyone around them! Secondhand smoking is worse than smoking directly!
    Japan used to have a very high life expectancy. It was known as a very healthy country. But this gets worse every year because of smoking.

Who cares about the industry, or the stupid, selfish smokers... The innocent lives of non-smokers matters more than this.

• No no no

Bcuz ya gotta smoke weed ever day of ya kno wot i meen and amoke a weed is good amd make me feel good amirite ayyy lmao y u so med at weeeedddd snoop dog told me to smoke it and it changed me lief 3cever and it is good

• Yes Please Its BAd

Its killing the people of this world and I love it but I got to stop it tatses nice so I wont stop ok byeeeeeeeeeeeeee ediodh euhdbek wejdbweodke uwaediebd wbwb sd d e rb y y d wsw ef q sdw eg sad w ew w w wwww ww w

• It's killing everyone

Why do we let them gave a choice whether or not they want to smoke. It's bad so don't give them a choice. If I become president I will ban smoking anywhere. If you want to smoke you have to pay an extremely high fee and if anyone sees you do it u will have a choice to either go to jail or go to an extreme addiction center

• Smoking kills, so why is it legal

Ok so if marijuana is illegal and ciggeretts arent but smoking cigs kill. And marijuana dont. Why is it illegal and not legal. It dont hurt anybody but cigs hurt everybody. Its the goverment way to cut the population down. And make more money. We are the puppets and the goverment is the leader. We are the slaves to it, and it is the way the goverment makes money so they kill people but what is illegal helps people!!!!!

• It causes cancer.

It's as simple as that. Why should people be allowed to smoke if it is killing them? They're just paying to kill themselves eventually, and influencing others. Tobacco and cigarettes should be illegal, in my own opinion. I hope it is banned in the eventual future, better sooner than later.

• Tobacco destroys health

One product of tobacco is cigarette. While it causes respiratory diseases and other malfunction,it has no benefits. It destroys the lives of smokers, the people near them and the people dependent on them. Tobacco traders earn money at the cost of others' lives and happiness.
    Tobacco and tobacco products should be banned.

• Your freedom of choice? What about ours?

Sure, freedom of choice to smoke. What about non smokers? Where is our choice on second hand smoke? You should have a priviledge and we shouldnt? Selfish spoiled humans. People dont want your smoke in them. Smoking should be banned, in public places at the very least! Get some facts from a non smokers prospective.

• Should be banned

To start, cigars and drugs already take a big part in polluting earth.If we want our earth to be clean we have to stop drug use.Also many people get sick with these drugs and end up having a bad life. Teens are already addicted but if we start holding campaigns to stop it it might. In my opinion, drugs should be banned beacause it affects the earth in many ways

• No ban on tobacco

There should not be a complete ban on smoking tobacco. People should always have a choice when it comes to their own bodies and health. This question is about personal responsibilities, and the responsibilities people have to society. Smokers may choose to harm their own health, but should not be allowed to affect others with their choice. Smokers should also be willing to pay the high costs, should they acquire health problems from their habit.

• No more "drug war."

Banning tobacco would be simply expanding the already ill-conceived "war on drugs." It would create a thriving black market, and waste millions of dollars in enforcement of another pointless ban. Millions more would be wasted in litigation with tobacco companies who would not stand by and let their source of revenue be destroyed. Although it might be healthier for individuals to ban tobacco, it would not be healthier for society.

• Although its not healthy, we should have a choice.

America is about freedom, as i always say, so the people must have freedom. If you want to smoke cigarettes, despite the numerous health risks, you should go ahead and do so, because you have the ability to exercise that personal freedom. If we banned them, it would lead to so many arrests for the people that cant quit smoking.

• Personal freedom is important

Putting a ban on smoking tobacco is a violation of our freedom of choice. Yes, we all know smoking is unhealthy, but it should be up to each individual whether or not they are willing to take that risk with their health. If we put a ban on smoking, we might as well ban all fatty and high sugar foods as well, because those things are also hazardous to our health. Everyone is entitled to make their own decisions about what they will and will not put into their bodies based on t information available to them. Also, if smoking were banned, people would still do it and then, we would be wasting valuable resources prosecuting people for it rather than focusing on the more serious crimes in society.

• Needs of long term smokers

It is undeniable that smoking tobacco can cause health problems, such as lung cancer, pancreatic cancer, miscarriage and asthma, for both smokers and non-smokers. However, it is not easy for long-term smokers, like elderly to stop their habits, or even routine. Therefore, if the government has already set up restricted zones for smoking and measures, such as fine the smokers who smoke in public areas. It is enough.

• No no no

• Think of money

Banning cigarettes would be a huge impact on the whole country the government doesn't want to ban a product that help save our economy. We gain tons of money from cigarettes alone, banning it we will lose millions of Dollar, chaos, disaster our whole economy will fall rock bottom leaving NOTHING behind. Our dollar would go down forced to live in a divided society between the rich and the poor is that what you want for a country. A country just like the hunger games were people starve to death, die from no money a corrupted society and a DICTATOR come on don't ban cigarettes it's bad for the economy.

• Leave tobacco alone!

People say tobacco is bad, but so are a ton of things. Do you really think that you can die from tobacco alone? Let see there is alcohol, radiation from cell phones, MGO which is in your food now, pollution and lets not forget about genetics. I think many folks go after the obvious things. But thats like saying we need to cure Ebola when the Flu kills way more people every year. By the way energy drinks are bad for you as well, but I see people drinking those by the ton.

• No there should not be a complete ban.

Since adults know the risk of smoking tobacco there should not be a complete ban on it. It is there own choice to smoke a cigarette, knowing that they will most likely become hooked, and it is in there right to be allowed to smoke one if they choose to do so.

• Why do that?

I'm 25 and if I wanna do something dangerous thats up to me. I'm putting my life in danger and its my choice. I like to breathe that unhealthy smoke. Its fun and I'm addicted to cigarettes. Plus so many people would lose there jobs if they banned smokeing cigarettes.