Should there be a holiday dedicated to Harriet Tubman?

• She Is An American Icon

Harriet Tubman is too historically important to forget. As an Underground Railroad "conductor," she freed more than 300. Commanding the Raid at Combahee Ferry in June 1863 during the Civil War, over 700 more slaves were freed. After the war, she toured the cities of Boston, New York, and Washington to emphasize her support for women's rights. After her death, she became an icon of courage and freedom in the United States, has been called “the essential story of American democracy” by Treasury Secretary Jack Lew, and is slated to be the new face of the front of the $20 bill. All these accomplishments and her legacy deserve a holiday in her honor.

• Naaaa... Not needed

Harriet tubman did so much but yet i dont really think there needs to be a holiday for for harriet tubman. That is what i think about having a holiday for harriet tubman so we should remember her that day but just not have a big old holiay for her or anything.

• Yes, I think there should be a holiday dedicated to Harriet Tubman.

I believe that Harriet Tubman did enough for American history that the Government should have a day of remembrance for her, I believe that it shouldn't be a Federal Holiday with stock exchanges and postal service closing but I believe it could be a day where some small ceremonies are held.

• Yes, there should be a holiday dedicated to Harriet Tubman.

Harriet Tubman should have her own holiday. The holidays celebrated within the United States, if they are not religious in meaning, are dedicated to great people who changed American history. Harriet Tubman led many African American slaves to freedom, and she was an inspiring female figure for young women to look up to.

• Naaaa... Not needed

• I can not even say what she did.

Off the top of my head I know she is someone famous, but I can not for the life of me tell you what she did. Therefore I do not think that there should be a Holiday celebrating her unless we got rid of the holiday celebrating Christopher Columbus and his evils.

• There should be no holiday dedicated to Harriet Tubman

There should be no holiday dedicated to Harriet Tubman. I am not saying that she wasn't an important historical figure who helped slaves get into Canada, she was very important. She is very known across history and people know a great deal about her, but at the moment we already have many holidays dedicated to important historical figures.