• Some parents don't parent.

A child does not have a right to be outside at 2am, even with the parents permission. The only parents who oppose curfews are irresponsible parents because they are too lazy to control their kids, so they resent the government for telling them they have to. Some people refuse to parent their kids and set their own curfew. It's time for once that parents be responsible for their children and the "it's not my kid" attitude has to drop. It's the parents’’ responsibility to know where their kids are and what they are doing and who they are with.

• There are reasons for curfews.

The reason why we have curfews are
    · To prevent juvenile crime at vacant streets at night
    · To prevent juvenile victimization. 90% of teens out late at night are found lying dead.
    · To make parents responsible for their children. Some parents don't enforce rules for their teen
    It's about keeping teens safe, not about violating their rights. After all, minors AREN'T adults. They can't smoke, drink, buy lottery tickets, vote, move out. Some people may argue that curfews are set by the parents, but can parents decide whether their children go to school or not, whether they can drink, buy lottery tickets? No. And parents can't permit their child to stay out late all night. That's neglect.

• I think that kids do not belong on the streets after certain hours.

Kids should not be walking around so late at night and should be taken home if they are found outside late at night. Sometimes parents don't know where their kids are and their kids are where they're not supposed to be. These parents need to be made held responsible and should be forced to face up to their responsibility as a parent, which includes requiring your child to be home at a reasonable time, assigning chores, limiting TV time, etc. And parents should be provided parenting classes to help enforce that.

• The use of curfews can help to protect vulnerable children.

Parent is not a noun, parent is a verb. You have to DO IT. If you are a responsible parent, you do not let your children outside at night, but not all parents insist their children be home at a reasonable time and inevitably their children suffer, both from crime and victimization, and are 90% likely to be found lying dead or fall into drugs and bad habits. Society should ensure that such neglected children are escorted home and that their parents are made to face up to their responsibilities and BE A PARENT.

• Protecting your teens isn't bad

I wouldn't allow my sixteen year old daughter to be roaming the streets at midnight. So I guess since we shouldn't control them then they have to go to school; they can go shoplift; they can go out and prostitute their bodies and it's fine because they don't need rules? Parent's don't just want to control their kids they want to make sure their kids are safe and sound.

• Under 18 Has No Business On The Streets at Night

Yes, there should be a legal curfew for people under 18. Teenagers under the age of 18 have no business hanging around street corners all hours of the night. Night time brings out a class of predator that teenagers do not need to be associating with. A legal curfew would keep teenagers away from gang violence, drug dealers and break ins.

• Constitutional and necessary!!!

Parents need put a curfew on teens. Too many parents don't. That causes crime and unwanted pregnancies. Teens just aren't smart enough to deal with these things properly, so society has to step in and protect teens who don't have proper parents. The posts at the opposing section is coming from just teens alone or selfish people who don't care about someone getting hurt by teen mobs.

• If parents won't do it, someone has to.

As much as I dislike the idea of more government intrusion into the daily lives of ordinary people, it seems like this kind of thing has become something of a necessity. There is already a clear demarcation between "under 18" and "18 and up," with those over 18 having many more rights and responsibilities in society. Therefore, adding a curfew on those who are not legally adults is not quite as bad of an infringement of rights-- they don't have as many rights to begin with.

• Kids aren't kids anymore

Kids now a days are doing things that they shouldn't be doing more than ever. 6.5% of high school seniors smoke marijuana daily, up from the 5.1% five years ago, 3.5% percent of 10th graders smoke marijuana daily, and 1.1% of 8th graders smoke marijuana daily. And the worst part is most of them don't even think it's harmful!

• Teens have no respect

We are living in a society with no boundaries for teens . They are horrible people with no morals or any consideration. For other people . It is a sad state of affairs when elderly people are afraid to leave their houses to go to the shops after dark . The problem is kids raising kids . I fully support a curfew for under 18s and I would support police having more powers to deal with anti social. Children

• Putting yourself in danger

What if you are driving home from a movie and you realize that the time is 8:55 and your curfew is about 9, and you are 10 minutes away from your house. First if you take your time it will get you in trouble no matter what the excuse and two first instinct would probably be to floor it and try to get home as fast as possible. You drive to fast to see an oncoming car and you get hit and you are severely injured or possibly even die. This is why curfews should not happen and never should happen thy cause trouble, stress, anger, and resentment. You dont want that. Do you?

• We should be free

It is so stupid. If the curfew was for kids 13 and under, it would be reasonable. Once we are in high school, we have other priorities like jobs, volunteering opportunities, and extra curricular activities. Without time to do these things, how do you expect us to get into college.

• The patrolling officers

If they had curfews they would need patrolling and if it was a big city or state they would need a lot of people. They would have to work for hours after curfew spread out seeing if kids were still out past curfew. Curfews should not be forced upon us.

• Putting yourself in danger

• I dont think we should have a curfew.

I totally underatand that youre trying to "look out for us" but its not fair. I hate having a curfew and i agree that kids with strict parents do worse things. I understand that there are people out there that will kidnap us...But why do we have to have a curfew and they dont? There the monsters all were doing is hanging out with people or whatever. We have every right to do what we please. Its AMERICA!!! And i would just like to point out that it is NOT bad parenting to let your kid stay up. Its just not. I think that if i didnt have a curfew i would not be grounded as much. I would have a closer relationship with my parents. And I dont think i would even want to stay up. I mean occasionally yea but if i was given the opportunity to do what i wanted i dont think i would take it. But having so many rules and strict parents, I want to do what i want...I want to do what im not allowed to do because i want to know what its like...

• Nope nope nope

It's just not very logical. Maybe for people under 13. That's pretty legitimate. Like a previous statement, what about activities that require you to stay out later? I think this should be left completely to the parent. Not to the police. Also, if you look at it this way, kids have as much business on the streets as adults do. If you're going to go that far, why don't we just make a curfew for EVERYBODY? What more of a reason do adults have for staying out late? Aren't THEY the "predators?" If you want to solve a problem, seclude the ones capable of doing wrong, not the victims... So, in a nut-shell. Kids can do damage, and adults can kidnap, so curfew for everybody!

• Who are yall to say when my child goes to sleep!!!

Hhmmmhhmm no no no y'all are not about to put put my child asleep in a curfew I don't care he goes to sleep when he wants . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

• This post is garbage

People who think their should be a curfew are dumb. You want your kids breaking the law by sneaking out late at night or would you just want to know where they are at and what there plans are not be home so you can sneak out kids who are controlled rebel out more then ones who are free!

• Of Couse they don't need legal curfews

The reason is what about all of those responsible kids who cant do what they love to do because of the dumb curfew. I totally agree with the people have said about this in the following comments. You got to let your kids grow up at some point. WHY NOT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• The fact that this is even being debated is frightening

No, no, no! We absolutely should not have a legal curfew for minors. I never had such a curfew, and I was fine. When I was a teen, every night during the summer I went out biking at around midnight. I never had any bad experiences. I think this should be up to the parents to decide. I was never very rebellious and always followed the rules. My parents knew this and felt comfortable with letting me outside, knowing that I was trustworthy. If a parent thinks a teen may break the law, have sex, or do similar things, then they should not allow them out. It's the same if the teen lives in a bad neighborhood. The government is already more involved with our lives than I would like (ahem, NSA). Though I do love the government, it's too far.

jimmy1717 says2015-03-12T17:45:23.673
The whole idea of it deterring gangs and drugs is funny. You think a curfew law will deter these people? The commit far worse crimes daily. Also, how is a 16 or 17 yr old girl anymore vulnerable than a 24yr old woman. Or a woman vs a 17 yr old male? I bet the people who are for this curfew are the type of people with living rooms that are "out of bounds" give head a shake