• I'm going deaf from all the whining brats

Everywhere I go it's low class people with too many children and the ugly stupid parents letting them run around the stores restaurants movie theatres ect like poo flinging monkeys. My eardrums can't take any more of this. It's beyond insufferable to pay a lot of money to eat at a restaurant or go to a nice theatre only to have some hood bitch on section 8 bring her brood into it and ruining my experience. Nobody ever considers the single people subsidizing over procreation

• Overpopulation is about to get out of hand

200 years ago the population was one billion. 100 years later, it doubled. But now, it is just getting ridiculous. What we find though, is that those in poverty see having lots of children as the only option for survival in their old age. It's a vicious cycle and the result is that the population continues to increase in these areas beyond the point of sustainability. With 7.5 billion humans on Earth already, how much longer can this carry on before there are too many of us? Some believe around 9-10 billion will be the tipping point. The UN estimates the world population will be 11.2 billion by 2100 so it's obvious we need extreme measures NOW before it's too late.

The population of China is set to reduce slightly by 2050 - the after effects of their 'one child policy'. This shows that regulation holds the answer to effectively managing the population before it spirals out of control.

However, the countries where extreme population growth tends to be a problem are also countries with plenty of poverty and this would make enforcement very difficult. How are you going to stop people from breeding in Lebanon and Zimbabwe when access to contraception is limited as it is? People in these places where it's a problem are far more likely to ignore any such license. They view children as their only asset and being in poverty, they are not going to stop having children.

I absolutely agree that we should have a license to breed - get the world's population back under a manageable 5 billion and take a sustainable approach to the environment from there.

• Definitely something we need

People are far too stupid to decide if they are ready to have kids or not and most of the time end up negatively affecting the kid because of bad habits/bad parenting. I've actually seriously discussed this with a black friend who see how ignorant most black males are and came up with questions that would determine if you got to have kids or not. Also if you have more than 6 kids you should be sterilized, you don't need that many ever.

An idea I think would work is to sterilize everyone and grant a temporary cure to those worthy of breeding. If after the first kid you should you are fit you may be able to have more. It's harsh but this world is too small and too many idiots something needs to be done.

• Only The Best

Here's a good one, those who want $15 an hour for flippin burgers. Obviously people who do not want to make the effort and better their lives with an education but instead want everything handed to them. Let's not forget drug abusers. My goodness, I have an uncle who has 8 kids with 2-3 different women and my cousin has 7 from 6 different women. They hardly see their kids cuz their too busy partying but still claim welfare. As a matter of fact, my cousins baby girl is here and where is he at? Somewhere in the backyard getting on one with his sack bitch who won't fucking leave because she's now pregnant and she smokes too! It's like, she's using the possibly still-born baby as a way to make money from the government. Like seriously wtf? :l

• There is no right to breed.

I'm always hearing somebody claim breeding is a human right. Who says so? We have a responsibility not to kill the planet. This involves regulation of population. Those who shouldn't breed are those who consume more than they produce, and those who listen to rap and those who make quilts

• I wonder if..

..The breeders ever really think whether they could raise a happy person? I wonder how much guts would a truly compassionate adult human need to have to take charge of bringing a child into existence? I bet the number of guts of all miserable people on the planet, and all the guts turning to the atrocities of life.

• Preventing birth is not killing

I was brought up with an abusive father. He would beat me with whatever he could find. When he couldn't find work for his drugs he went to military and slept around. When I was twelve we had nothing after the divorce, me my mom my three brothers and sister. I am 24 and I have tried my best to contribute to society, I don't own a car, I don't have a job. I have no reason to exist, but you would protect my life, why? After I was hit by a car I could no longer walk, I have done nothing to make up for my father's mistakes. I use your tax money to stay alive. If I could have one wish if it meant anything in this world, I would gladly give up my freedom to repeat the same mistakes.

• Its so smart!

I understand why people oppose my opinion. They find it “morally” troubling. I counter that argument with this, we kill millions of people in wars and we don't have a second thought. When we dropped two atomic bombs on Japan it killed 246,000+ and yes it was morally troubling but no one tried to prevent it and in my way we are not killing people if anything we are saving people I say so because with this it will lower crime rate. Also there is a large difference between killing people and preventing their existence. This would also affect teen pregnancy in a manner as well, there would be less of it and therefore more kids furthering their education making a smarter future for America.
    Then there is the matter of sickness. If we check peoples bloodlines and don't not allow people who have a high risk of passing cancer or heart disease onto their children then there is a healthier future as well.

• Have you seen the people out there?

Need I say more? Rude people with a sense of entitlement who think they are above everyone , yet contribute nothing to society and only take. Having such people procreating is a drain on everyone else, which only produces a poorer and ill educated society,. This will eventually prove unsustainable.

• That is something I joke about

I think that is a insane notion, you need licenses to breed animals, you should not need one to make a son or daughter. I think that people need to be able to decide if they are ready, and financially stable enough to care for the child, or, you know, smart enough to raise it right.

• Who would decide

While I understand the desire for such regulations who would anyone want making the call. How long until genetic testing is done to determine who is capable of breeding with who. Humans are not dogs they can not and should not be breed for performance or health or any other reason such decisions are made.

• That is morally wrong

A licence to breed may sound like a good idea, but what happens when things get out of hand? Or the government decides unregistered babies have no rights and are to be exterminated, when the forced abortions, and unfit people are "exterminated" to form a race of "perfect life forms.

• That is morally wrong

• Absolutely not

For one, the notion of licensing breeding is a gross violation of human rights. We as people are incapable of determining whatever parameters the license would require. Furthermore, there's no way it could be fairly applied. We've already seen laws applied disproportionately by those in charge, so there's no guarantee this law could apply to those with privilege.

Anonymous says2013-06-15T18:45:48.990
Nice try.

No, of course you can't make people learn. But you can make the information available. It's more likely to happen than telling people when they can have sex.