Should there be a limit on how much money a famous person earns?

• This can't be done!

That all ok we except that big personalities do their work but its not necessary that their co-workers (those who don't got that much lavish salary ) doesn't work hard .There should be a limited amount for each one salary .So that the dignity of each work could be maintained.

• If wealth better redistributed less riots and people happier

I do not think it is right that a sports star or an actor/director earns ridiculous amounts of money for just kicking a ball around or reading a script and not doing any actual real work. Even doctors get paid ridiculous amounts compared to nurses who do far more work. If it wasn't allowed to sell ridiculous things like designer clothes or large boats or mansions weren't allowed to be built there wouldn't be the need to have such a large pay anyway.

Also pay should be capped and inheritance tax lower so people actually have to work for a living. This way the extra wealth could be put back into the system for the good of all so schools and hospitals would be better so private schools and hospitals wouldn't be needed.

• Yes but more for a company in general not a specific person.

Not a hard cap like you can't make more then this amount but once a company's net profit hits like a billion or something they should have to give some small percentage like 5% to either its low level employees or to a charity. But that percent can't drop them under the billion dollars or whatever value the mark is set too. Their's nothing wrong with a little socialism especially when it goes to the employee's they did a lot of the work to earn it so they should get a small chunk of the pie. Not all the pie or even half but at least a small I'm a diet piece of it.

• Should be a limit

Although yes, they do earn their money legally and fairly, for the most part, there still should be a cap so that infamous people like Paris Hilton, Kim Kardashian, and Snookie , don't take advantage of our economy by boosting themselves up while they do no real work. Especially since our Country is in a $15 trillion deficit. Those who do earn their money by actually working and acting do deserve to earn more money, so the cap should vary, but still. People shouldn't earn $15 per word on twitter merely because they are famous. So they do deserve to earn a lot of money but not up to these ridiculous degrees, especially in our bad economy.

• The arugument of there should be no money

I think their shouldnt be because many people who are not educated because they dont have enough money,also we could trade for thing such as my knowledge for a house there woud be no more wars for land nobody would die because of hunger because the dont have any money. The yes side maybe some of you are bigger tha me Iam only 10 years old you guys should always stop thinking about yourselve

by
    om patel
    ps my teachers name is MRS prugo find me humberwood downs

by
    om patel

• There shouldn't be a limit to how much anyone can earn.

An individual's earnings, whether he or she is famous or not, should not be capped. There should be more laws in place, however, that encourage those who earn over a pre-determined amount to spend a portion of it for philanthropic endeavors or be forced to pay a penalty. Then everyone would still be able to make as much money as they want, but they would also be required to assist those less fortunate.

• Can't do it

While there are certainly people that make more money than they'll ever need, you can't penalize them for it. If a person has skills that for one reason or another make it possible for them to earn absurd amounts of money, as long as they aren't doing so illegally there's no grounds to put a ceiling on them.

• That would be socialist

We live in a CAPITALIST society which is why we are the greatest country in Earth. When the gov comes in and starts to redistribute wealth, the economy suffers and the American people have less freedoms. People have the right to earn as much money as they can... It is the desire for wealth that keeps are economy rolling!

• No, you shouldnt put a limit on what a famous person makes.

I think if they are doing a job and entertaining people, they deserve to be paid well. I don't think there should be a cap on their pay. The way I see it, we pay to see their movies and we enjoy them. The famous person is the one who makes it worth seeing.

• Shouldn't be a limit.

No, I do not think that there should be a limit on how much money a famous person earns. I think that if people are willing to pay them a certain amount, they should be able to accept it. This would also go for any other occupation, as well. There shouldn't be a limit on any occupation.