• Knowledge is outdated

Older people should be forced to retire at a certain age because the world is steadily changed and their knowledge becomes outdated. With new and upcoming technology the older people fall behind by not knowing how to work these things. Their knowledge is of the past, the world is changed and so should the teachers be. How can teachers be expected to teach students is their knowledge is based off of what things were like 35 years ago?

• Old people smell weird

I'm sorry but its true there are old people who smell very strange. This factor can change the attitudes of younger people, some of these people smell like poo. We need to get smelly people out and youngsters in. Older people also tend to dart at people when they disagree or are just plain angry. Giving them the famous title of "old farts".

• There should be a mandatory retirement age

People over the age of 65 get many disease. If there isn't a mandatory retirement age, people who has disease can't work and earn money as much as people who are healthy.This is unfair. Healthy or not is not their fault. So, there should be one mandatory retirement age for all jobs.

• Yes there should

I work with a guy whos 75+. I caught him talking with a delivery driver the conversation wasn't even work related so I reminded him that he was at work. He told me the next day that he was talking and wanted to make it perfectly clear to me that I wasn't invited and I shouldn't interrupt, I told him "I'm your boss and you do what I tell you too.". He can't bare the thought of being told what to do by someone in their early 30s (me).

• Yes there should

• In a bad economy, it is necessary

Workers younger than 65, are unemployed and underemployment. One reason is that all these older people fear being idle or not having more money. In a bad economy, the government should get rid of these people who earn more, and then could afford to hire perhaps a couple of newbies, while still saving money.

• It's time for new blood.

I really hate to say it, but yes. People should retire at a certain age. New blood, new ideas, fresh energy. People like me who have a Bachelor's Degree, and can't even get so much as a simple bookkeeping or accounting job because older accountants refuse to retire because they are scared to. Retirement should be as imminent as death and taxes. Older people, you've had your turn. Time to get off the ride, and let someone else have a go.

• Yes, out with the old, and in with the new

I'm sorry to say it so bluntly, but the older people need to realize their turn is over, and newer fresher blood is needed. The younger should not have to suffer for after graduating college with an entry level job for years just because the seniors won't retire. Yes, bring back the mandatory retirement age, and gold watches.

• Yes there should be

Younger people need more jobs this will help with poverty rates among younger members of society. Workers of older age are at a higher risk of having some sort of stress related illness which could lead to death. Elderly workers cannot adapt to new concepts and training. There for there should be a retirement age of around 65 years of age.

• Yes there should be

• No old but not stupid

I am at minimum retirement age and I am still running rings around most the younger employees that I work with. Age does not make people dumber but in a lot of cases makes them smarter. If the job is not in its nature dangerous should be feasible for the person doing the job to determine when they want to retire. Most people know when they are over the heads

• Insensitive World We Live In

If the world is really this insensitive then what is the use? To say that just because someone is, say, 60, doesn't mean they aren't as experienced and capable. None of my teachers are under 30 and they have taught kids who vary in careers from a mesus (massage therapist) to an actor. If you aren't willing to say this to someone you know who's at least 60, you shouldn't be saying it her.

• That is stupid!

My grandmother is still teaching after who knows how many years and she is 81 and everyone loves her. She had cancer and continued to teach. You say young people deserve the job more, no matter what form, and you are saying that young people are more important, which, last time I checked, is infringement of rights and means that you think that an inexperienced new teacher would not need the guidance of a teacher who had been there for, say, 50 years. It also means you believe young people matter more than the elderly, which is just mean. Would you say that to your grandmother? Or your grandfather? Didn't think so. Next time, think about it from the other persons perspective.

• Land of the free

If this is really the land of the free, you can work till the day you die.
    If you want to retire, then retire.
    People can do what ever they want and so on.
    The thing is that people shouldn't be forced to do anything and should have the freedom to choose what they want/don't want in there lives.

(in a positive way)

• Working keeps you healthy and engaged

People who are older are at greater risk for depression, so keeping them active and engaged in society gives their lives purpose and meaning. If you don't have a job to go to every morning, you are less likely to want to get out of bed at all. Older people who also suffer from depression are more likely to become ill and may even die at a younger age than if they had stayed more active and engaged within working society.

• They can work till they want to !!

Older people might want to stay in their job as they might not be happy with their pension because it wouldn't support them fir their whole life ahead ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

• No. You cannot pick a number for everyone.

People differ. Jobs differ. Economic times change. Technology changes. The number would vary from time to time, person to person and job to job.
    It would be too complicated and never fair. The number would be completely arbitrary. Subjective. A magic number.
    It is unfair for people that enter the workforce at a later age; they would be in the workforce for a shorter period of time.
    It is unfair to change the rules during the game. People have a right to plan ahead.
    Government can't force you to quit your job, because that violates the principle of free market.

Solution: pay people in proportion to their performance. Assess people periodically.
    Once a person's performance declines so does their salary until they reach a point where it is no longer worth it. Doesn't feel nice but that is fair. A job is not a charity.

Some jobs obviously should have conditions (not just age) for a person to retire. Like pilots. Even then, or especially then, should you look at more than just age and not use the same conditions you use with every other job.

People differ. Jobs differ. Economic times change. Technology changes.
    The number would vary from time to time, person to person and job to job.
    It is unfair for people that enter the workforce at a later age; the would be in the workforce for a shorter period of time.

Solution: pay people in proportion to their performace. Assess people periodically.
    Once a person's performance declines so does their salary until they reach a point where it is no longer worth it.

Some jobs obviously should have conditions (not just age) for a person to retire. Like pilots.

• No! You cannot pick a number for everyone.

Some people start working at a later age. They would have fewer years in the workforce to save up, so that is unfair to them.
    People differ in terms of health. Jobs differ in terms of requiring people that are young. Economic circumstances and technology change so that magical number is continuously changing.
    It is unfair to change the rules during the game.
    Solution: people should be paid in proportion to their performance. So if people earn less and less after a certain age they will decide to retire when it is no longer worth it. People should be assessed periodically.
    Certain jobs that rely on health like pilots should have a retirement age. But for other jobs it doesn't make any sense. You cannot force people to sit at home the entire day in stead of doing something productive just because they've reached a magical age.

• The old people can do things good.

They might be better than the normal young workers. They have still done doing more works than the normal workers, and they might have a way to do good. They have more things they can do there, too. They must be weaker then the young, but they can still have their way.