• Yes i think 60 is a good age to be forced to retire

With the lack of jobs its a good idea to force them to a part time job and give a chance to a younger person that needs to take care of thare wife and kids i have a guy i work with that is 72 and still works he says he works because he needs a million dollars so he can retire that is crazy most men live till they are in thare 90s if lucky that is so selfish and why would any body want to work at that age and we do most of the work for him mabey we would have less people we as tax payers would have to pay for

• Knowledge is outdated

Older people should be forced to retire at a certain age because the world is steadily changed and their knowledge becomes outdated. With new and upcoming technology the older people fall behind by not knowing how to work these things. Their knowledge is of the past, the world is changed and so should the teachers be. How can teachers be expected to teach students is their knowledge is based off of what things were like 35 years ago?

• Old people smell weird

I'm sorry but its true there are old people who smell very strange. This factor can change the attitudes of younger people, some of these people smell like poo. We need to get smelly people out and youngsters in. Older people also tend to dart at people when they disagree or are just plain angry. Giving them the famous title of "old farts".

• There should be a mandatory retirement age

People over the age of 65 get many disease. If there isn't a mandatory retirement age, people who has disease can't work and earn money as much as people who are healthy.This is unfair. Healthy or not is not their fault. So, there should be one mandatory retirement age for all jobs.

• Yes there should

I work with a guy whos 75+. I caught him talking with a delivery driver the conversation wasn't even work related so I reminded him that he was at work. He told me the next day that he was talking and wanted to make it perfectly clear to me that I wasn't invited and I shouldn't interrupt, I told him "I'm your boss and you do what I tell you too.". He can't bare the thought of being told what to do by someone in their early 30s (me).

• Yes there should

• In a bad economy, it is necessary

Workers younger than 65, are unemployed and underemployment. One reason is that all these older people fear being idle or not having more money. In a bad economy, the government should get rid of these people who earn more, and then could afford to hire perhaps a couple of newbies, while still saving money.

• It's time for new blood.

I really hate to say it, but yes. People should retire at a certain age. New blood, new ideas, fresh energy. People like me who have a Bachelor's Degree, and can't even get so much as a simple bookkeeping or accounting job because older accountants refuse to retire because they are scared to. Retirement should be as imminent as death and taxes. Older people, you've had your turn. Time to get off the ride, and let someone else have a go.

• Working keeps you healthy and engaged

People who are older are at greater risk for depression, so keeping them active and engaged in society gives their lives purpose and meaning. If you don't have a job to go to every morning, you are less likely to want to get out of bed at all. Older people who also suffer from depression are more likely to become ill and may even die at a younger age than if they had stayed more active and engaged within working society.

• They can work till they want to !!

Older people might want to stay in their job as they might not be happy with their pension because it wouldn't support them fir their whole life ahead ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

• No. You cannot pick a number for everyone.

People differ. Jobs differ. Economic times change. Technology changes. The number would vary from time to time, person to person and job to job.
    It would be too complicated and never fair. The number would be completely arbitrary. Subjective. A magic number.
    It is unfair for people that enter the workforce at a later age; they would be in the workforce for a shorter period of time.
    It is unfair to change the rules during the game. People have a right to plan ahead.
    Government can't force you to quit your job, because that violates the principle of free market.

Solution: pay people in proportion to their performance. Assess people periodically.
    Once a person's performance declines so does their salary until they reach a point where it is no longer worth it. Doesn't feel nice but that is fair. A job is not a charity.

Some jobs obviously should have conditions (not just age) for a person to retire. Like pilots. Even then, or especially then, should you look at more than just age and not use the same conditions you use with every other job.

People differ. Jobs differ. Economic times change. Technology changes.
    The number would vary from time to time, person to person and job to job.
    It is unfair for people that enter the workforce at a later age; the would be in the workforce for a shorter period of time.

Solution: pay people in proportion to their performace. Assess people periodically.
    Once a person's performance declines so does their salary until they reach a point where it is no longer worth it.

Some jobs obviously should have conditions (not just age) for a person to retire. Like pilots.

• No! You cannot pick a number for everyone.

Some people start working at a later age. They would have fewer years in the workforce to save up, so that is unfair to them.
    People differ in terms of health. Jobs differ in terms of requiring people that are young. Economic circumstances and technology change so that magical number is continuously changing.
    It is unfair to change the rules during the game.
    Solution: people should be paid in proportion to their performance. So if people earn less and less after a certain age they will decide to retire when it is no longer worth it. People should be assessed periodically.
    Certain jobs that rely on health like pilots should have a retirement age. But for other jobs it doesn't make any sense. You cannot force people to sit at home the entire day in stead of doing something productive just because they've reached a magical age.

• The old people can do things good.

They might be better than the normal young workers. They have still done doing more works than the normal workers, and they might have a way to do good. They have more things they can do there, too. They must be weaker then the young, but they can still have their way.

• Ha! Obviously not.

Mandatory retirement age is discriminatory by its very nature. It ignores the realities of an older employee being clearly able to continue productivity and enforces stereotypes like 'old people get sick' or 'old people are crazy' or 'old people can't handle change.' None of those are true on the whole and it's harmful to implement policies based on prejudices like that.

In addition, it isn't like keeping the older employees means that younger employees can't get jobs. That's a ridiculous fallacy; there isn't a limited number of jobs out there. More productive employees means more productivity. More productivity is better for businesses, the economy, and the workers. It's really that straight-forward.

• No, it's unfair.

How is it fair for someone to be forced to quite a job that they still may need to help make payments and live off of. Just because someone is in their sixties doesn't mean that they aren't mentally and physically able to get the job done, as long as they wish to work they should be able to keep their jobs.

• Some people enjoy work and find it a desirable distraction.

There are dozens of menial tasks that can be performed without regard to age. With this in mind, there should not be a mandatory retirement age. Some individuals just find solace in working. Those individuals should not be prevented from finding contentment in something they enjoy simply because they are of a certain age.

• Heck NO they should not have to !

It should always be up to the person whether or not they want to retire. Not everyone can afford the luxury of retirement at 65 and should retire when they feel ready. For the people who vote yes, how are you going to feel when or if you are forced. No one wants to be forced to do anything.