• There should be a mandatory retirement age

People over the age of 65 get many disease. If there isn't a mandatory retirement age, people who has disease can't work and earn money as much as people who are healthy.This is unfair. Healthy or not is not their fault. So, there should be one mandatory retirement age for all jobs.

• Yes there should

I work with a guy whos 75+. I caught him talking with a delivery driver the conversation wasn't even work related so I reminded him that he was at work. He told me the next day that he was talking and wanted to make it perfectly clear to me that I wasn't invited and I shouldn't interrupt, I told him "I'm your boss and you do what I tell you too.". He can't bare the thought of being told what to do by someone in their early 30s (me).

• Yes there should

• In a bad economy, it is necessary

Workers younger than 65, are unemployed and underemployment. One reason is that all these older people fear being idle or not having more money. In a bad economy, the government should get rid of these people who earn more, and then could afford to hire perhaps a couple of newbies, while still saving money.

• It's time for new blood.

I really hate to say it, but yes. People should retire at a certain age. New blood, new ideas, fresh energy. People like me who have a Bachelor's Degree, and can't even get so much as a simple bookkeeping or accounting job because older accountants refuse to retire because they are scared to. Retirement should be as imminent as death and taxes. Older people, you've had your turn. Time to get off the ride, and let someone else have a go.

• Yes, out with the old, and in with the new

I'm sorry to say it so bluntly, but the older people need to realize their turn is over, and newer fresher blood is needed. The younger should not have to suffer for after graduating college with an entry level job for years just because the seniors won't retire. Yes, bring back the mandatory retirement age, and gold watches.

• Yes there should be

Younger people need more jobs this will help with poverty rates among younger members of society. Workers of older age are at a higher risk of having some sort of stress related illness which could lead to death. Elderly workers cannot adapt to new concepts and training. There for there should be a retirement age of around 65 years of age.

• Yes there should be

• Give others a chance

I'm sorry to say, I think old people should retire also. They made it in the work force, and now should leave jobs for younger people that have to make it. They can always volunteer if they are bored. If they cant afford to, maybe lifestyle changes are needed. A lot dont want to retire where I work and it is causing us to get sent home. Old people get out and give young ones a chance. Sorry if it seems harsh, but reality always is.

• Situation dependant, but should have routine skills assessment

I work with someone who on a daily basis is unable and unwilling to adapt to the current work flow or to new situations that arise in our daily work. They waste most of their time either making mistakes, moping around because of the change or being careless because rules were not so stringent in the past. Oftentimes, this has resulted in either potential dangers being imposed on themselves and most of the time, a danger to myself and my other coworkers. This causes increased stress for others and is oftentimes quite aggravating, especially as we work with radiactivity in healthcare. As with airline pilots, I think that in healthcare it is exceedingly important to be able to work effectively, and efficiently in a high stress and fast paced environment, but it is also important to do so with flexibility and adaptability in order to maintain the highest quality of work at all times for the duration of our career. This is not the case and will never be the case here, because this individual is too stuck in their ways and is stumped at any slight change. This is definitely not how I feel about all people who are beyond a certain age, but I think it would be fair to let someone go when their work is visibly suffering and rapidly degrading.

• No, it's unfair.

How is it fair for someone to be forced to quite a job that they still may need to help make payments and live off of. Just because someone is in their sixties doesn't mean that they aren't mentally and physically able to get the job done, as long as they wish to work they should be able to keep their jobs.

• Some people enjoy work and find it a desirable distraction.

There are dozens of menial tasks that can be performed without regard to age. With this in mind, there should not be a mandatory retirement age. Some individuals just find solace in working. Those individuals should not be prevented from finding contentment in something they enjoy simply because they are of a certain age.

• Heck NO they should not have to !

It should always be up to the person whether or not they want to retire. Not everyone can afford the luxury of retirement at 65 and should retire when they feel ready. For the people who vote yes, how are you going to feel when or if you are forced. No one wants to be forced to do anything.

• No, that's stupid.

I definitely don't think there should be a mandatory retirement age because not all older people necessarily want to retire. I know an 83 year old woman that still works at an elementary school as a secretary, not because she needs the money but because she genuinely likes her job and probably doesn't want to be sitting at home feeling useless. There are some older people that are still coherent and are able to work. Sure, there are some jobs they shouldn't do when they get older but let them and their family choose.

• Heck No, There Shouldn't Be

There should not be a mandatory retirement age. A person should be able to work as long as they are an asset for the company they work for and do their job well. It would be wrong to tell people that they cannot work anymore. Some people could be a certain age and not have enough saved up to retire.

• Certainly not.

There should be no mandatory retirement age, but the age at which the average American does retire should be lower. No one should be forced out of the work force, but we also shouldn't have work until we are 65 just to make sure we have enough money to get by when we can longer hold a job.

• No.

There should not be a mandatory retirement age because peoples circumstances, and incomes all vary. It would be unfair to force some one to retire who simply can not afford to. They would have to rely on family members if they have them and thus become a burden to their incomes. If they do not have anyone who could support them after retirement they would most likely end up on the street. The easier solution is to let people work until they can afford to, and want to retire.