Should there be a multi stall gender neutral restroom in high schools?

Asked by: differentveiw
  • This opens the door for trans students without necessarily making certain cis counterparts uncomfortable.

A frequent argument I've heard in many transgender related bathroom issues is the discomfort of cisgender students. This eliminates that problem. Not to mention that this would allow for an inclusive environment for the growing number of non-binary students, decreasing potential dysphoria and ensuring they're comfort. It's a win win situation, and everybody is happy.

• You are the gender you are born with.

There should not be accommodations for how people feel. The transgender way of thinking is all based upon how someone feels regarding their gender. This way of thinking is ridiculous. Think of an apple claiming it is a banana and with it's whole heart the apple believes it is in fact a banana. It might even be taller than the other apples or have the same yellow color as a banana but will never be sold in a store as a banana. Now I am not relating this to selling people in any way. All I am saying is that it is ridiculous to make accommodations for a person simply on the fact that they feel a certain way. I am 18 years old but let's say that I feel like a 65 year old man. Can I apply for Medicare? No. In the same way that we can look at my birth certificate or look at my bone age through testing to determine my date of birth, we can look at a persons genetic makeup or gender at birth and determine whether or not a person is a man or a woman. Even Caitlyn Jenner with all of his surgery is genetically a man even though Caitlyn may have female parts. So no we should not provide multi stall gender neutral restroom in high schools solely based on how a person may feel.

• You are what god made you.

To think you are a male when you were born a female is ludicrous. Schools should not be allowed to put gender neutral restrooms in schools. It goes against every social norm since America began. Not only that but it makes everyone feel uncomfortable I certainly don't want a female coming into a bathroom specifically set apart for males to have their privacy and vice versa. That's ridiculous. Just because one person thinks/believes they are one thing does not make them that. Schools should not conform to one thing that goes against everyone else's way of life.

• Schools should not provide multi stall gender neutral restrooms simply based on how a person feels.

• Not because of Jesus.

I just don't think there are enough people who don't identify with the two main genders to justify a multi stall bathroom. If they want a single room like a teacher's bathroom, that's fine. But multi stall is a little overkill. (I need nine more words to post this comment).

• No. Please stop enabling the mentally ill.

If someone is bulimic, will you advocate for a restroom so they can puke when they want to? If someone thinks he/she is actually a dog in the wrong body, will you let that person pee in the hallway? These people have mental issues. We should not be enabling them. They need medical help. It is ok for them to WISH they were born the opposite gender but they have to accept that they are the gender they are born with. No amount of drugs or surgery will change that. They can dress like the opposite sex (that's their right) but they don't have to the right to claim they are the opposite sex, because they are not.

• It's not necessary.

If a trans person can pass as their preferred gender, they can use that bathroom. If not, then tough. As for the other kids, they can suck it up. The world is full of trannies wanting to use their bathroom, and they just have to get used to it. The trans bathroom debate is only an issue if we make it one.