• Yes, But There Could Be Changes...

The common core creates a rigor of standards that is equal across the whole nation. Doing this allows for stability and coherence in creating a foundation for basic skills for students in education. There should be some changes to the system. There should be "take away's" when going from elementary to middle school and middle school to high school. The "take away's" would be the main ideas of the grades that a student must understand to move on. This helps build a community of teachers within each building.

• Yes there should be a national curriculum

It should be necessary so that all of the kids are learning the same things roughly around the same age. This way all of the kids could stay on track and all be learning the same things at the same time. This may be important, for example, if you have students that have to move around a lot. If they were all learning the same thing around the same time the students would be able to stay on track, because they're all learning the same things.

• There should be a national curriculum

There should be a national curriculum because it keeps everyone learning at the same level. Even though not all schools will teach the same, they will still be following the same guidelines. This keeps everyone going at the same pace, and it would be beneficial if a student were to transfer from one state to another. They would not be behind.

• Agree with national

I'm Canadian, and I'm 15 years old. But I've moved 19 times and I've noticed schools throughout just my one p[province, have very different teaching methods. In grade 8 I was at three different schools and at each of those schools I had to read the giver, one after another. One of those schools I was in grade 7. When you're teaching people in grade 9 things some other students learned in grade 7 you know you have a problem.

• Learning should be straight across the board

Yes, I do believe there should be a national curriculum. I am in the military, so my children constantly move to different states. When a child moves from on state to another they should be able to fall back into class with little to no issues. Some schools have different requirements, some have more or less than others to gain a high school diploma.

• Yes there needs to be one

When I moved to a different state, I just repeated what I had learned two years before. There were not any advanced programs in my new area. School was boring, and the topics that I did not know were covered the year before. There needs to be a national curriculum.

• National curriculum

Yes, I personally believe that there needs to be a current national curriculum for all students. It needs to be the same for all states and all grades. Some kids are way behind others because of the low standards some states set for them. For example, I do know personally that my son's friend who moved to Austrailia or 2nd grade is way ahead of him here in the States.

• Yes

There needs to be some type of national standards. If it is left up to the states than they will use their own standards to look good. If there is a nation curriculum than the states would have no other choice than to live up to the standards that everyone else is.

• Agreed upon general curriculum

It doesn't need to be specific down to every last letter, but there need to be some guidelines to make sure the bases are being covered. More importantly, there needs to be protection in some states that boastfully deny and steer away from science that mandates it that they have to teach things that are agreed upon by millions upon millions of scientists. This would also help with requiring sex education, which needs to be an option for students everywhere.

• There There Should Not

It is unlikely that all 50 states would agree on a curriculum that would work for their schools. Every student is different in how they and their ability to learn, so making one category that they all must fit into would only do a disservice to the students. Also, schools have different budgets and the way states allocate funds towards schools is different in each state. Due to this, it may be difficult for some schools to meet the standards of a national curriculum.

• How you going to get everyone to agree

Education is decided at a state level, not a Federal level. To have a national curriculum, you would need all 50 states to agree on one curriculum. I just can't see all 50 states agreeing together. So in my opinion that is to much time effort and you know it's going to cost a pretty penny, for them not to agree on anything

• No national curriculum

The federal government would obtain too much power in the school system. School teach just to pass tests, there should be students obtaining information and building off the foundation. We like the idea of teaching and testing (NCLB and ESSA) to make sure students are learning but do not like the idea of the federal government mandating it. National curriculum would not accommodate the needs of regional and diverse students so they learn too.

• No "One Size Fits All"

We do not need a national curriculum because we are a large and diverse country. States, and even local school boards, need the freedom to emphasize subject matters that are important to their local economy. Could you imagine a kid in Florida who is forced to study Prairie ecosystems, or a kid in Colorado being forced to study tides and tidal pools? Each of these are important, but the ability to practice the studying in regionally useless. A one size fits all National Curriculum would force our students' progress backward in as industry world that is becoming more and more specialized.

• Do we really want an entire generation of adults who all did the exact same thing?

A national curriculum has just been introduced in Australia and the curriculum is politically biased. It gives far far too much power to government officials to choose what kids do and don't learn: the power to brainwash an entire country. Do we really want that to be our countries' future?

• Simply Put: There Should Not

There should not be a national curriculum. The way the states and schools educate their students should be based entirely on their own guidelines and procedures. Having a national curriculum would come off as very generic and it would likely produce the same results. At the end of the day, the good students will stand out regardless of the curriculum.