Should there be a 'National Dyslexia Awareness Month' every October?

• It would bring more attention to the disorder

Yes, there could be a National Dyslexia Awareness Month. Giving it its own month can give more light to the disorder. Many people are unaware of the how many people suffer from this issue and they know even less about what it really is. Maybe this bring more attention and cause more studies to be conducted.

• No, there shouldn't be a national Dyslexia Awareness Month' every October

No, there shouldn't be a national Dyslexia Awareness Month' every October because its not that serious of a condition to have to dedicate a national month. This is drawing unecessary attention to something so miniscule that people have designated it as a disease or a sort of condition that is bad.

• Make it a week in September instead.

I really don't know if there's need for an entire month, but maybe a concerted week of publicity would be a good thing when the kids head back to school during the fall. Dyslexia is still a condition that most people aren't aware of, and often write people off who have it as being dumb or slow. So awareness is needed.

• No doesn't need more attention

I am not a fan of monthly awareness things. I think that if something is important enough it should be recognized year round, it should not require just a month. While I get the reason they are trying to raise awareness I don't think that a month is the way to do it.

• Dedicated Months Are Pointless

I do not believe there is any reason to have a National Dyslexia Awareness Month, rather it be in October or any other month. Setting months aside for certain topics is pointless and it doesn't really do anyone any good. If anything, its become a cliché practice. I'm not against Dyslexia awareness, I'm just tired of everyone wanting certain things pointed out all of the time to "get the word out".