Should there be a pay freeze for public sector employees?

• Yes, except for the lowest paid.

When we talk about public sector employees, we need to freeze the pay of those in cushy management positions who sometimes hold more than one of these at a time. But teachers and clerks and other low paid people should still get their raises as long as they do a good job.

• Everyone Elses Pay Is Staying The Same

Statistics show that the median household income hasn't rose for many years, yet public sector employees are almost guaranteed a raise. I do not think this is fair or necessary, especially since they are paid by the government, of which should be pinching every penny it can. I believe these employees should experience a pay freeze and many more should receive less pay than they are now.

• Yes, but it depends on the ranking.

Many public sector employees are high level management types who have either gotten their jobs in some shady ways or who have held on to them without a lot of effort. So these people could have their pay frozen to save the public more taxation. People like teachers and police officers, though, probably should not.

• Yes There Should

I do not see a problem with a pay freeze for public sector employees. The economy has been on a downturn for several years now and that would directly lead to less tax revenue. I think public sector employees are usually paid more than many other employees in the private sector.

• No,there should not be a freeze for public sector employees.

No,there should not be a freeze for public sector emplyees.These type of employees have bills and have to tolerate inflation like everyone else.As long as they are following the rules and performing well at their jobs,there is no reason why they should not enjoy the same privileges of private type employees.