• Plastic bags are one of the main reasons sea turtles die early

Sea turtles are very important to the sea, as a human how would you like it if you would eat something poisonous that you thought was a normal food item. Turtles end up with bags around them which stunt their growth of organs and make them grow wrong, the bags can also poison them because they mistake them for foo

• Animals including turtles eat the plastic bags that we the people throw into the water.

Turtles die every day because of people throwing their plastic bags into the ocean which makes the turtles think that the bags are jellyfish. My favorite statement that I found," We can tell the difference but turtles can't." that statement is very true if you don't you need to respect the environment.

• Any animal specifically turtles will think that a plastic bag is a jellyfish.

Turtles eat jellyfish all the time so when you throw a plastic bag in the water the turtles will think that the bag is a jellyfish. Someone wrote this that is true," We can tell the difference but turtles can't." Most animals die from eating the plastic and/or plastic bags.

• People need them!

We need plastic bags for those of us who don't have the extra money floating in our bags (or pockets) to spend a good $3.95 on a "reusable grocery bag" that you will only get about 100 uses out of. My family personally reuses the plastic bags, not for grocery bags, but for other uses such as the following: picking up dog waste, lunch bags if we have lost our reusable ones, or to carry things that are not very heavy, but have too many of this certain object just to carry. Now, I do agree that plastic bags are not the most Eco-friendly things we could be using, but neither are the "reusable shopping bags". www.marketwatch.com , mentions about how in order to actually be helpful to the planet you must use them at least 100 times. Lets be honest, most of us will end up forgetting or loosing our bags before the 100th use!! www.npr.org , also helps me prove this point by talking to former users of the bags like Mr. Paul Briner who says, "I always forget [my re-usable bags.] So they sit in the car,". Completing this portion of the article saying, "Indeed, old habits die hard." www.davisenterprise.com also mentions 29 reasons to not ban plastic bags. Number 10 states that you can you them as trash bags, which my family does. Overall, I think we should NOT ban plastic bags because while, sadly, not being Eco-friendly, they are very useful to many of us.

• People need them!

• People need them!

• Our Plastic Kills

Our Oceans are a wonderful pristine place for sea life to florish not suffer. Plastic rings get wrapped around our sea mammals and it slowly kills them. Put yourself in their shoes and imagine spending your whole life suffocatiog due to the plastic that we are to careless to recycle. This is what the animals living in our oceans have to deal with everyday. If we ban plastic our oceans will be clean and our animals will be happy.

• Yes plastic bags are a waste and harmful

Plastic bags are used for only a short period of time then They are just discarded through are oceans forests ect. Plastic bags are killing animals like sea turtles because they think there jelly fish. Instead of using plastic bags we can use biodegradable bags so we don't loose the only earth.

• Our Plastic Kills

Our oceans are a clean wonderful place where our sealife should flourish not suffer. Our sea mammals should be able to swim free without worrying about getting stuck in plastic six-pack rings that you were to careless to cut up and recycle. I believe we shouldn't use plastic for everyday disposable things such as plastic cups, bottle rings, and much more! Instead we should make plastic water bottles that we can keep and not through out so we can refill those instead of going through thousands of water bottles everyday. Also grocery stores and other places should only supply the paper bags or bags made by them so the plastic bags don't fly into the ocean and kill our sea turtles. We should get rid of as much plastic as possible!

• Yes. There should be a ban on plastic.

Plastic is deadly. It kills 2 MILLION animals each YEAR! They choke or get tangled in plastic. Plastic does NOT dissolve; it breaks into tiny pieces and stays there for up to 1,000 years, contaminating soil and oceans. Not only does plastic harm animals, but It harms you. You may not care about it harming others but you should care about yourself. If not... There is something wrong with you. Many of you are saying not to ban plastic because it would be too hard, but you're wrong. We made plastic, therefore we can get rd of it. We CAN live without plastic. We don't need it to survive. Yes "it will be hard to live without plastic" but what happened to being a strong united nation? We can fight to get through this together. So lets BAN PLASTIC BAGS!!!!

• Its now or never...

We need to stop this now! Yes i agree that we need plastic for everything, but if we reuse it, recycle it or even reduce it the world would be so much better. Every year 1 million sea birds and 100,000 marine animals are killed each year because of the plastic WE throw away. One of There are ways to reduce plastic e.g. using PAPER bags, reusing plastic bags and bottles, even selling your toys so someone else can have it instead of buying more. It takes 100 million barrels of oil to make plastic bags for just 1 year. Now think of what would happen if we reduced our plastic, reused our plastic and even recycled our plastic. Yes when we burn plastic it releases toxic gases like Carbon Monoxide but if we just kept the bags, didn't throw them away and just kept reusing them, we wouldn't be using as much oil. Plastic takes up to 1000 years to degrade. Just think about that for a moment. Every year enough plastic is thrown away that it could circle the earth 4 times! Come on guys! Think, eventually oil is going to run out if we don't do anything about it. What are you going to do then? Ill tell you. We will have to find a new material to work with, like then it will all be paper bags. There will be only animals dying for the right reasons not for plastic which WE created. Animals were on this planet thousand... Millions of years before we were. This is THEY'RE world not ours so show you care and help to reduce, reuse and recycle the plastic. Make this world a better place!

• Plastic is not the problem, IT'S YOU!!!!!

People plastic is part of our life. We need plastic!!Susan Freinke actually said that plastic helps our environment instead of damaging it. Its true that plastic might hurt some places like the ocean animals. But that wouldn't happen if everyone just recycled. Also its humans who are making the animals in need for food because humans are becoming them food and taking away their food. So plastic is helpful but just put it in the right place like the recycling bins. And if u guys want plastic banned why do u live in it, get medicine from it etc. I repeat this again its not the plastic IT'S YOU!!!!!!

• No we need it

What would happen to the United States of America and the rest of the world like China for example if we were to ban all plastic? Plastic goes way father than simple plastic bags. Plastic is all around and helps with many different things. We can reduce and switch to other methods though.

• Whats the point

Why should we bad plastic if we are just going to use something else that could be harmful to the environment then we will have nothing of that product then what would we use. Our world is made up of plastic T,Y is made of plastic phones XBOX all made up of plastic so think about what side you pick !!!!!!!!.

• No, definitely not

Just think; how much of your life is made of plastic? It takes up so much of our lives and is an invaluable resource that we have become so dependent on we could barely survive without it. How would we possibly survive without (some) chairs, clocks, remote controls, video controllers, hoses, buttons, light switches, bottles, grips for saucepans, lids, clothes (made of polyester, a plastic), soles of shoes and SO much more!!

Lego is also made of plastic, and that alone means that plastics should never ever be banned!! XD

• No. There shouldn't be a plastic ban

People will simply replace plastic items with other forms, paper, for example. There is no conclusive scientific proof that paper products are less environmentally harmful than plastic. Without plastic stuff, we will be seeing paper stuff everywhere and they are equally disturbing. Therefore, there shouldn't be a plastic ban. Besides, only environmentalists would care about such thing anyway.

• No! We shouldn't!!!!

If we did we would have to buy and bring your own bags. How would we know how many to bring to the store? Also you can reuse then to bring your lunch to work or school, pick up your dogs poop, and SO much more! I hope you consider this

• No! We shouldn't!!!!

• No! We shouldn't!!!!

• Hihihihi hi hi

Iiioiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii i i i i iiiiiiii i ii i ii iii io i i i i i i i ii i i i ii ii i iii ii i i ii i i i i ii i i i i iiiiii i i i i i i i i i i