• Of course they should.

If they don't then more people will be obese. We want to stop obesity, not encourage it. If we don't put taxes on junk food it shows that we aren't doing any thing about obesity in America. America has the largest growing obesity problems , which isn't good. If we tax junk food, people might stop buying it.

• They just should

According to all known laws
    of aviation,
    there is no way a bee
    should be able to fly.
    Its wings are too small to get
    its fat little body off the ground.
    The bee, of course, flies anyway
    because bees don't care
    what humans think is impossible

Either u paying or u runnin dont @ me

• Tax should be needed

I think we should put a tax on junk food...That's all. It will make people think about what they are buying and make them stop buying junk food. In America, obesity is a huge problem putting a tax on junk food for me is a great idea for every one.

• A junk food tax

Will also benefit people with less money that most. A lot of poorer people will choose the cheap option, junk food. However, if it costs more to buy unhealthy food, it will cost less to buy healthy food. It will help many people focus on buying healthier options, as they do a lot of good to your body, and mind. Having a sharp, healthy and happy mind from good food will encourage people to do more with their lives, and start trying to make some more money, instead of living off low wages and, in some cases, unemployment benefit. Overall, it will not only benefit those who are trying to eat healthy but are dragged off course by cheap prices, but also those who can’t afford much, because they will then be able to afford healthier options.

• Yes, for a series of reasons.

As an economy, it's our job to work and focus on the health and safety of our citizens. By having a tax on junk food, the government is encouraging people to go for a healthier option, therefore combatting the new problem with obesity.
    Atop of this, if you are a person with a limited income or amount of money, junk food is cheaper and easier to purchase. With a tax on junk food people will no longer need to go for an unhealthy(er) option, and then eat better foods. This will cause people to have a better body, and be more likely to work.

Atop of this, the government is not telling you must, only encouraging you financially.

• Junk food should be taxed.

This is because it is bad for our health and our body. Some might say why do the government decide what we get to eat but the government are not deciding what u get to eat they are just increasing the price of junk food but you still have the choice of if u want to buy junk food or have healthier items.

• There Should A Tax on Junk Food

As it says in the title we are taxing JUNK-FOOD. I understand every second person has another argument on this topic but I strongly agree that we should tax junk food as everyday many average looking people are being told that there is a chronicle illness living inside them and might have been from when they where young. See this issue is silent but deadly you don't know that your body is slowing down until its to late.

• Junk food should be taxed for a number of reasons:

Firstly, junk food contains a high content of unhealthy sugars, fats and salts. Consuming this type of food frequently and in large portions can lead to a number of health risks such as diabetes, heart problems and obesity. Every year, British children consume their own body weight in sugar; not exactly the lifestyle we desire for our future generation, right?

Secondly, as a rebuttal of the opposition, the government is not taking away peoples' right to decide what goes into their body. Just because the cost of junk food has been raised, doesn't mean people can't still buy it; it will just be less frequently and in smaller portions. This will help ensure the wellbeing of the population as the people will be deterred from consuming such vast amounts of junk food.

• It is the correct thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is a horrible fattening demonic thing that adults use to torture children from a young age to teach them the vile substance for them to go for the cheapest option, this is the way ahead!
    Fast food chains support no tax, it is how they make their millions, why should we bow down

• The government should definitely place a tax on Junk food

The government should definitely place a tax on junk food for these three reasons. First, because fatty snacks lead to diseases, second, they can make your stomach bloat, and finally, it leads to lots people having a lot shorter lives.

I need ten more words to submit this thing for choosing yes

• "Fat Taxes" Don't Work

I'm doing a paper is 7th grade and I believe a junk food tax is very rude and doesn't help fight obesity. At first the government was created with a group of people to come together, make a decision, then continue on with their lives. It was never meant to become a full-time job. The government 'think' they know whats best for us when they can't even stop terrorists, wars, or crime. No, they want to focus on obesity which I think is absurd. Yes, it can cause health problems but that happens to everyone when you get older. The government have taxed a lot of things and they are rotten to the core with greed for money. They need to get off their high-horses and stop being selfish, self-centered, individuals that think they know the best for everyone in the world even though they can't solve any major problems.

• Needless Government Regulation

The government has no business telling people what they can and cannot ingest into their own body. This in no way serves a legitimate societal interest and will likely waste thousands of taxpayer dollars trying to arrest people for evading the "fat tax." LOL! In all seriousness however, give me back my Big Gulp, Bloomberg!

• No because its dumb and useless

No because its dumb and useless because the goverment already take taxs from us and NO ONE LIKES TAXS! And some people work at a teribble place and can't afford them also some people are always busy and just go to like Mcdonalds or something like that. Still no one likes taxs

• Why stop at junk food?

If the government is going to tax on something as ridiculous as junk food, why not tax, well, everything that is bad for you, tax for usage of air because disease travels through it and if we tax it less people might use it. Lets also tax video games because they support sitting down and not being active. Lets also tax card games, because they support sitting down and not being active, we could tax reading too! Because you might read to much and forget to stand up and eat and drink and could die. How can people believe that the government know more about what is best for me. If I want o drink a large soda, which I do daily because there is nothing better than an ice cold two liter of Dew, I will have one. If I want to eat one handful of chips I will, if I want to eat a bag of chips, I will, if I want to eat ten bags of chips, I will. It is totally a persons decision on what the consume, and junk food is only really bad in high amounts. Same with many other healthy foods. If you eat an excessive amount of say bananas it will harm you insides for sure! But no one would do that because bananas are gross;) so the answer is no to junk food.

• No, who's going to be in charge of deciding what's junk food?

No one can agree what is classified as true junk food. Why would we pay our congressmen and trust them to decide what gets taxed when even science researchers can't agree? Even the government's food pyramid is a big joke with sugar and processed food companies influencing it. Even fruits can have too much sugar for some people and whole grains can cause food allergies. Should people be vegetarian, vegan, or paleo? Do we have to align our opinions on the majority or should we have the right to decide for ourselves what to eat?

• Why pay for for junk?

I disagree with the idea of taxing junk food. The reason i said this was because yes junk food might cause a little obesity but its not like someone is forcing Americans to eat it. Just think about it, if you put more tax on the junk food then there might be more crime in poor neighbor hoods. There is already crime because some people cant afford some of the food now . If you tax the food then some people will stop buying which means more kids will be hungry, thats all they eat sometimes.

• It's our problem not the governments

This is a free country if they put tax on junk food we will never have that snack food again. All fast food places have mostly junk food are we going to really put a tax on conveniance NO so they better not tax junk food it's a stupid idea.

• Obesity is fake!!!

People dont get fat because of junk food!!!! People get fat because they eat to much food! It needs to be fifty words long!!! So annoying…. Ppopp pue pee banana random word basket ball sport skate fly die i believe i can fly…. Junk food tax is sad…. :( hoorible

• 2 different types of people .

1 , there can be a person who eats junk food , but then does exercise . And doesn't get overweight . 2 , there can be an overweight person who is siting on the couch eating junk food . Maybe they should just do fatty tax on overweight people . It wouldn't be fair if someone has to pay tax on something they are craving for or wants to eat . And plus , you have to pay already 1.49 for chips . If they add tax , it"ll probably be 2.00 .

• Hello i think its a no from me

Hi let me talk please please mr balance ok never mind i am son of sun dude laps ok joke man easy joke again elections i am fatty cake patty cake man joke mommy dude joke man joke has one ten nine eight seven six five four three two bye