• Discrimination is key.

The main basis discrimination comes to the point of including all and not just select groups. For there to be devotion to minorities but not the same done for any majority is one of the largest double standards of our time. If we want equality, we all need to have equal privileges.

• On Italian, German, Spanish, Irish (which I don't really consider white), yes

I wouldn't mind
    But Anglo-Saxon and Scandinavian history should be limited. Inventors, yes. Not politicians and warmongers and imperialists. If you wonder why they're not liked too much in this day and age. People still remember the British and Danish empires. The KKK was ended like only 50 years ago.

• If Minorities Can, Why Can't Caucasians?

Caucasians have just as much rights and respect as minorities. Just because they are the majority of a population does not mean that they should not be recognized for their achievements. For example, Neil Armstrong was a Caucasian and he achieved what man dreamed of doing. He was the first man on the moon, yet he was Caucasian. He completed a very anticipated mission and should be recognized.

• There's already a black history month,

Why not we make a white history month? I don't really pay attention to black history month because there isn't a white one! I have some white and Indian decent and I would greatly appreciate it if they made a white history month about Europe. White history month will eventually happen.

• Yes we should

Black people haven't contributed to America at all and they have a history month. White people came across the ocean and started America. Yeah we used them for slaves, but that's in the past. And to celebrate something for black people when they haven't done anything but jack the crime rate up and there isn't a white history month is just outrageous. We need a white history month and every other race needs a history month. Not just black people. Look at Africa, it's all run down and then when whites went to South Africa it started looking good. So if they aren't contributing to anything good and they have a history month, every other race deserves a history month, especially white people since we started America.

• Yes that's equality

Everyone wants to preach about wanting equality in the world but is quick to point fingers at people in both the white and black communities over who is being racist. This is an example. If African Americans can have a month then so should Whites. Equality starts with making efforts to make sure everyone is represented despite the past.

• Minorities marginalise themselves

Minorities always argue they are marginalised which is why they should be permitted to celebrate their colour and history. Well the only people marginalising the minorities are themselves by doing exactly this. It's separation, segregation and marginalisation caused by the very ones that moan about it. If it's equality that's really wanted then ALL should be allowed to celebrate and highlight any colour, origin and culture. Ah but wait......You're a racist if you want white music, white origin, white history, etc etc etc. The only racists are those with it on their brain to have to keep making it out as this when it's simple equality

• Why do we need it?

Asian Heritage (May), Black Heritage (Feb), Hispanic Heritage (Sept 15-Oct 15), Native American Heritage (Nov), even Jewish Heritage (May), need to be recognized because these groups of people have a very long history of being oppressed by the same oppressor For The Most Part.

And on top of that, in History class we always hear the "Jim Bob"(figuratively, the white man) side of the story For The Most Part. The only time we ever hear a minority's side of the story is when we are being oppressed in the "Jim Bob" narrative.

The reason why we have these months is to finally expose our accomplishments instead of just our struggles.

While everybody is already aware of the accomplishments of whites, why would we need to know more if we are already knowledgeable about it?

I mean it's all I ever read in the textbooks! And then there's maybe 1 or 2 chapters, and maybe a small textbox on the side dedicated to a minority out of 32 chapters.

You can't tell me that's not true.

• Yes there should be a white history month!

They should cover all white cultures and what they are known for, their history etc. I think Irish should definitely have a history month since they built north america and were slaves at one point for England just like blacks were. Also scottish people, dutch people, Swedish people, french people, german people, italian people, and all other european nations should be included.

• Having a white history month

Having a white history month would be good for the white culture. As the African americans have a black history month we as White americans should be aloud the same because White americans have invented a numer of things like electricity, the automobile, and the automotive line. Granted there was dark days in american history with the white people like slavory but that does not dismis the fact that white people have been helping the world and the people that live there. History is history and a lot of famous white people have died foe the right of freedom. So please say yes to a white history month.

• Are you serious?

What do white people need a white history month for? White people have a month full of holidays. Why is it that black people get one thing and all of a sudden whites are being deprived. Not to mention do we remember the time white people had a lot of pride in themselves. People were lynched and killed because they had a "superior" history. For the record I'm not racist, I'm just stating facts.

• NO. Just. No

Whites always have a remembrance day everyday... We blacks only get one month to remember our abolitionists, freedom fighters, and civil rights activists. There shouldn't be a white history month because of the cruelty most of the whites treated us with. I was born in 1945 and have experienced everything. My cousin was hung by the KKK in 1963 and my mom and father were paid only 1.00 a day. That is what I have been through. So no WHM.

• Is this a joke?

We have Black History MONTH! Every other month is about WHITE history! It seems that some of you are jealous of what little we have so to make your "boo-boo" feel better you want one of your own. Wow! Every other month is white history month!!!! I was forced to learn about the founding fathers who were only the founding fathers of rich white men, and black people through rape. Thomas Jefferson boasted of freedom and all men being equal yet he owned slaves, and even raped one of them possibly more. This nation is so hypocritical and self-entitled. Some Americans expect everything to be there way or not at all. I am disappointed at the utter stupidity of a white history month. Seriously!?

• No, nor should there be a black history month

Black history and white history are both the same as American history. There is absolutely no reason to give particular races special treatment for some reason. Racism will never be eliminated as long we continue to divide ourselves into categories based on race without any good reason to do so.

• No there shouldnt

Because we shouldnt even have a balck history month its giving attention to racism and is there a asian/japanise/korean/chinese history month? Hmmm? Yeah it just brings more attention to racism. Do indians get a month about their race? Do native americans? Do mexicans? No. Thats why there shouldnt be a month about any race

• Why Celebrate another Race?

No, honestly I don't think we should have a white/ black or any race month I mean what's the point of celebrateing a race? If we were to add the celebration of white people to we mind as well start celebrateing mexican's and Japanese and any other and all culture's, I mean we atleast could be fair with it.

• Why support the oppressors?

White people are not even oppressed in the United States. There shouldn't be a white history month for the same reason that there shouldn't be straight pride parades: the white (or straight) people had nothing taken away from them. It's not a "double standard" if white people (especially white males) were not oppressed, and they are never going to be oppressed. Not having a white history month in the United States isn't discrimination; it's merely useless.

• Every Month is White History Month

The entire body of American History is mostly the achievements of white-Americans. We take special time to consider those who have been left out of history, for precisely this reason. We celebrate minorities because history books do such a poor job of highlighting their accomplishments. Therefore, no additional celebration is needed for the majority, since their achievements are commemorated in history for ever.

• Black History Month

Supporting arguments........Now do we really need any. What is the reason why White America would wait all this time to have a month that is dedicated to them.
    Based on what merits and why. That is the question we all want to know. Things are not as simple as people make it out to be............

• For What Purpose

The main reason that there is a black history month is because for a very long time black history didn't exist. White history exists in almost every textbook, whether as antagonist, protagonist, or neutral party. White history floods history textbooks and non-fiction works, while black and female history are underrepresented in these areas. Sadly, every month spent studying history is often white history month, there is no need or reason to have a month dedicated to it.