• Truth be told

1) the FDA only approved the current way of drug ads in 1996. We need to go back to the way it was.
    2) drug companies asked FDA to be more lenient so they could make more money, selling directly to the patient rather than to physicians. With the current state of drug ad bombardment, are these drug companies really any different from a street drug dealer? The focus is on profits and not education, using legal drugs, but they are still drug pushers.
    3) We must let drug companies force feed their ads on us because we are in America? We got rid of cigarrete ads for a reason too.
    4) I change the channel every time one of these ads comes on. Networks...You are losing some viewers.
    5) Use the Internet to research a drug for a particular condition or talk to your doctor. We don't need to see this constant illness talk on the TV when we are trying to relax, and with our children who don't know of a time before all these drug ads. What must these impressionable youngsters be thinking? That we are a nation of people obssessed with popping a pill? I support banning drug commercials.

• Yes There Should

I believe there should be an end to the prescription drug ads that are allowed today. I think these ads are really unecessary. I think it is wrong for patients to go to the doctor and insist upon a certain medicine based on an advertisement. I simply don't think this is necessary. Prescription drugs are not a consumer product and they shouldn't be treated like one.

• Prescription drugs should not be able to advertise.

Prescription drugs should be the suggestion of a physician. Advertisements cost money. That money could be used for more research. Research is the reason for the high costs of prescription drugs. Or, at least thats what they say. However, if they are maintaining high prices and advertising, that argument is void. The costs of the drug are actually hiked up in order to support the ad campaign.

• Doctors should be in charge

Prescription drug advertisements essentially amounts to creating false problems in individuals. They make up a need for a drug that a doctor would not regularly recommend, and put the doctor in a tough spot when they specifically ask for this drug or concoct a story that makes the need seem really.

• No, I don't think there should be an end to prescription drug ads.

I think that as long as the prescription drug ads clearly lay out what the drugs does and what the side effects of the drug may be then I think it's fine for pharmaceutial companies to advertise their prescription drugs on television and in print, I think it's a valid form of advertising.

• No, the public needs to know whats available.

No, we need to leave prescription drug ads alone. The ads that pharmaceutical companies pay for are often the only way the public knows what drugs are available. When you go to the doctor, he or she will prescribe either the drug they prefer, or a drug that may earn them a profit. The ads let us know what we have to choose from.