• Yes, there should be an open carry ban.

    An open carry ban will not completely solve the problem, as people will still be allowed to carry concealed weapons, but it is a big step in the right direction. We need to enact stricter gun laws in general. Banning open carry will help people feel safer which is a big part of the problem.

  • Yes, there should be an open carry ban in the United States.

    Yes, there should be an open carry ban in the United States. Open-carry only serves to intimidate people. People should not be allowed to carry guns in the open while walking down the street. This may scare children and cause confusion as to whether a violent event is about to take place.

  • Nhjghjghgjgjgjgjgjgggggggg jhjhj ghjhj

    I j j d d d d d d d d f f f f f g r g t gt g t g t g t g g g g g g g g g g g g g gg g g g g g g g g g

  • Intimidation vs Security

    The issue of people feeling intimidated is related to the issue of people feeling secure. Guns only intimidate people when the barrel is pointed at them, but when it isn’t then they feel safer. People buy guns to intimidate the criminal, not the random civilians walking down the street. Having a gun is having a huge responsibility because you can change your life, and the life of others, with just one simple shot. A gun out in the public might be intimidating at first glance, but after noticing that it isn’t pointed at you and it isn’t being used for harm then you feel calmer. Another study by the Pew Research Center says, says that only 22% of people, who don’t own guns, feel unsafe with guns while the other 78% feel safe. Guns might intimidate people at first, but after the feeling wears off people feel safe.

  • Open carry easily deters crime.

    Criminals always have more success at committing their crimes on unarmed populations, as they know that those who are the victims will not fight back, much like a Lion and a hornless gazelle. With a population that visibly carries guns, criminals know that the people they want to rob will viciously bite back, and most likely kill them on the spot.

  • No, there should not be an open-carry gun ban in the United States.

    The United States should not have an open-carry gun ban. However, there should be more restrictions placed on the sale of firearms. Citizens that wish to open-carry guns should have to pass a safety course, as well as a criminal background check. In short, there should not be a nation-wide ban on open carry; instead the decision should be left up to each state.

  • Open carry should not be banned

    Open carry should not be banned because it helps keep the peace. When criminals know that potential targets have weapons they are more likely to not attack a person. The more people that open carry the more people that will be protected. Open carry creates a mutual respect for the power of each individual.

Leave a comment...
(Maximum 900 words)
No comments yet.