Should there be an option to upload users TEDTalk to TED.com?

• Yes, there should be an option to upload users TEDTalk to TED.com

I think that there should be an option to upload users TEDTalk to TED.com. I think that such an option is something that would prove to be beneficial and useful for fans of the show. I also think that a lot of fans of the show would support something like it.

• Yes, there should be an option to upload users TEDTalk.

Users on the TED website should have the option to upload their own TED events so others can listen to them. It could be a separate section of the TED website that people could also browse through. This would create additional traffic for the TED web site and also exposure to unknown speakers.

• TED should remain above the common fray.

TED and its companion website are about ideas worth sharing, but it's always been a curated and elite (in a good sense of the word) environment. Changing that so every nutter with a camera and an idea can upload to the website would simply turn this project into crackpot central. If random people want to upload their ideas worth sharng, YouTube can help them out.

• No, it should be up to the provider.

No, there should not be an option to uploaded users TEDTalk to Ted.com, because it should be up to the website host and developers to decide what to offer. Only the website developers know what it is feasible to offer on their websites or not. Of course features to make things easier are always convenient, but it might not be feasible to provide.

• There should not be an option to upload users TEDTalk to TED.com.

There should not be an option to upload users TEDTalk to TED.com. I think there are a lot of brilliant people out there that could showcase their ideas but turning Ted.com into a Youtube would be a mistake. This would just completely bury the original site and I think they should stick with what they have.