• Yes, Faith does not need be a requirement to go to school.

It should be a atheist school where religion is not a part of every school subject. It should rather be taught as a philosophy and theology. And there should not be laid more weigh on Christianity than any other religion. They shape the world around them. And any student should be taught about the world they live in. So that they can live their life without being ignorant of the other cultures that exists around the world. And not only connect Islam with terrorist, but try to see the similarities with both the religions. I think it would greatly effect the way things are being taught in American schools

• Yes, with theology

Schools should not teach religion as a "truth" but as a philosophy. It would benefit students to learn understanding of other religions and beliefs. Moving into their adulthood students will encounter people of various religious faiths and beliefs and should be better equipped to have a respectful and intelligent debate or conversation about religion. If I asked a random Christian in church is Muslims believed in Jesus , it is more likely the response will be NO. But the truth is Islam regards Jesus as a prophet. If this similarity were known along with the countless others, then possibly there would be less violence in our world and more progress. Religion does have a place in schools, but schools should never teach religion as a truth. The only truth is what holds evidence, and so far the only evidence lies in science.

• It is needed to foster scientific thought among the kids.

Every sect has their own public school to foster their belief among the kids. It helps to regulate the thought process of an entire generation. Atheism also needs such kind of device to spread atheists belief among the youngsters.

In such kind of school 8 year olds should be taught philosophy of science or how to think scientifically.

• Not a Public School

Just as religions offer private schooling that is independent of public attention and influence, I think a purely atheistic school may be interesting or even successful. However, a PUBLIC atheist school? No. Just as religions should not be allowed that atheists cannot attend a public school, atheists (like myself) have no right to proclaim that a PUBLIC school is off-limits to religious people.

• Kids are not athiests

Kids are not athiests, their parents are athiest and they take on their parents views when they are young. As they get older they need to decide for themselves if they wish to beleive in God or not. If parents and schools don't expose them to some sort of religion then they can't make an informed desicion for their own preferences. They are only presented with a one sided debate. Kids need to be given the chance to learn religion so they can choose for themselves if they beleive it or not!

• No there should

Not a school should first and foremost be a place where kids can learn about the world they live in and get a grounding in subjects which will give them an advantage when they make there own way in the world . The minute you make a place an Atheist , Christian , Islamic place of learning you are already making a very definite statement about what type of person you want in your school , these are only kids who want education. I call myself Atheist and I often wonder if a child was presented when fully mature without previous knowledge of religion or atheism which he or she would choose, I think we can guess the answer to that .....

• No, there shouldn't be.

I'm an atheist, but I don't believe that schools should have anything to say about religion, belief, or anything else along these lines. Schools should teach, and that should be the end of it. No Christianity, no Islam, no Hinduism, no pledge of allegiance, no mandatory prayer, and definitely no references to an invisible man in the sky. So, no, there shouldn't be any atheist public schools. I hate the idea of these self-righteous parents enforcing their beliefs down children's throats and throwing them in a school where they cannot question or consider what they're being told. Anyone that throws there children in a Christian school should be absolutely ashamed of them selves for brainwashing their child to live in this Christian bubble where they cannot consider or question anything that they're being told, and I believe if a child is being forced into an atheist school then they may be subject to the same behavior. We need schools of all kinds of people, not just one. That way children can think more critically of what they're being told. And if they can't think more critically, then well, at least they'll have a choice what to believe in.

• No, there shouldn't.

There should not be atheist public schools, comparable to religious schools. Public schools should simply don't care about religion in any way. Except honoring the right of religious freedom, by allowing students no matter what religion they might or might not follow. But they should not be limited to any kind of religion or worldview.
    They should only teach what is scientifically proven and shut up about the rest (except in philosophy classes, but neither there should they oppress or support any specific religion or worldview).

• Too much emphasis on religious stance

Creating an atheist public school is, first of all, unconstitutional based on the ruling of Lemon vs. Kurtzman in 1971. The Supreme Court established that any new law must not foster an excessive government entanglement with religion, which the creation of an atheist public school does. By actively building non-religious schools, the government would be putting far too much emphasis on the basis of religion. Furthermore, if the government were to establish an atheist only school it would be a clear infringement upon the doctrine of separation of church and state.

As an atheist, I would prefer not to go to an atheist only school for obvious reasons and I think that most other atheists would agree with this. I have a strong stance on religion but that doesn't mean I would like to be separated from everyone else because of it. The fact that it would be a public school is the problem because then it could potentially force anybody who considers his or herself to be an atheist to go to this separate school. It would be perfectly okay for someone to establish a private atheist school because that avoids major government involvement and children would have the choice of whether or not they want to go there.