Should there be full day (yes) or half day (no) kindergarten?

• For what they get paid......Yes

For those who say its not the school districts job to watch the kids, give me a break, daycare and kindergarten is more expensive than some colleges. Also what do working parents do, huh not have kids so they can work uninterrupted or have kids and have to quit a job because they have to be at daycare/kindergarten by noon. People need to work, there is nothing free about this country and part time jobs dotn pay the bills.

• Yes, a full day.

Kindergarten should be a full day. Most parents work full-time, and it is a huge imposition for them to accommodate a half day of kindergarten; all it does is break of the child's day and the parent's day in the most inconvenient way. Besides, children would benefit from having a full day of activity, rest, etc.

• Shorter kindergarden days, really?

There should not be shorter days for kindergardeners. Kindergarden is the time when the young children develop their brains the most. If anything kindergarden is the most important year of their schooling. They learn how to write, and so much more. They get to learn how it is at school, how to go with the flow. The children need to be tought. I think the school days should stay the same.

• Half Days are a good way to transition into school

Half days are a good way to transition to the school life. Children that young may have a better time with this if they don't have to spend the whole day at school. When I was little I did the morning for half a year and then the afternoons for the other half of the year. It was hard for me to be away from my mom so only having to be there for half a day was great.

• There is no reason for full day kindergarten.

Full day kindergarten started as a way to help working parents. While that's very nice, it's not the school district's job to provide day care for working parents. Five year old children do not need to be in school for six hours a day, five days a week. A three and a half hour day is more than enough at that age.

Full day kindergarten started as a way to help working parents. While that's very nice, it's not the school district's job to provide daycare for working parents. Five year old children do not need to be in school for six hours a day, five days a week. A three and a half hour day is more than enough at that age.