• Its way better

Food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food

• I like food

I like food i like food i like food i like food i like food i like food i like food i like food i like food i like food i like food i like food i like food i like food i like food i like food i like food i like food i like food i like food i like food i like food i like food i like food i like food i like food i like food i like food i like food i like food i like food i like food i like food i like food i like food i like food i like food i like food

• They have to be prepared for real life choices

Junk food should be included in school lunches because it helps students make real life choices. If there is just healthy food in school lunches, when students graduate they will not have good decision making skills for their eating habits. Also, if parents don't want their children eating unhealthy food then they can write a note to the school so that their child cannot purchase junk food.

• Yes there should.

There should be junk food in school lunches. If a kid want to eat an unhealthy meal, then they should be allowed to do so. Just because there is an obesity problems, that does not mean that the healthier kids should have to suffer and eat nothing but healthy food.

• Junk food is what students love

Junk food should be allowed in school because it is what kids want to eat and if they eat what they want to eat they may like school a little more. Also if students eat what they want and enjoy it then the food will not get wasted. The food in the cafeteria needs to change anyway and the food that the students want is going to be junk food. You should give them what they want.

• No but no

Doubt I will be attacked ... Again for saying so just check the stats for how much it costs in USA alone to treat people with obesity 139 billion dollars last year alone , 34 per cent of the population overweight , truly frightening ! But I have been told I'm a fascist for saying this already but there you go . I am stating the USA figures because this site seems to mainly concentrate on them , I am aware it's a worldwide problem .

• I feel it depends.

High school, I feel teenagers should be free to eat whatever they want. By that point, people should know what's good and bad for them, and they certainly should be able to decide how to treat their own bodies, even if badly. Before that however, it's simply irresponsible to have unhealthy food in schools. School's are institutions of learning, and even eating at a school should serve to be at least a bit educational. I have absolutely no issues with parents who take their kids out to fast food restaurants every now and then, but I feel it's wrong for schools to offer unhealthy food to children, because inadvertently these facilities would be promoting unhealthy diet choices.

• That is ridiculous

Kids should not really be eating junk food at all. Childhood is the time where your life long eating habits are set. If you have healthy eating as a child you will in most cases go on to have healthy eating as an adult. But it is very difficult to maintain good weight and health if you ate excessive junk food as a kid.

Also many kids react badly to the chemicals in junk food and this food can cause poor concentration, foggy memory, distractibility, hyperactivity and aggressive and or defiant behaviour. These food chemicals can make pre existing conditions like ADHD and Autism worse as well as have a negative effect on health.

• No best left at home.

They can have all the junk food at home, but school can be for learning, including the ability to learn how to eat healthy and make good choices. I feel like if people can talk the talk, they should be able to walk the walk also. Old term but very useful in the context of my statement. Everyone wants to whine about eating healthy (me including) but its about time we put it into practice instead of excuses.

• There should not be junk food in school lunches.

There should not be junk food in school lunches. Schools are doing this because it is cheaper on them to provide the lunches. We the parents pay good money for our kids to get something healthy at school to eat. If the child wants some junk food then they should be required to get that at home and not at school.

• No but food should be tasty.

No one is saying that kids should only be served steamed veggies in their school lunches because a lot of them wouldn't eat then. However, the food should be as natural as possible and well prepared so that it is tasty. Then of course there can be a treat for dessert.

There should not be junk food in school lunches. Kids should have healthy foods in their lunches which can help them grow up in good health. Kids should not learn the habit of eating junk food when they are young. Schools should take care of children's welfare as best they can.

• No Junk Foods in School

Junk foods need to be removed from elementary and high schools around the nation. We should not be giving unhealthy foods to our children and teens for any reason. Without a doubt, better alternatives are available and could easily be served in schools. Junk foods need to be removed immediately.

• Junk in, junk out

Junk food should not be a priority in the lunches of our future generation. This is wrong to our children's health on so many terms, firstly junk food has no nutritional value and does not benefit students in any other way besides the pleasuring of their taste buds for a small time of 5 minutes to consume the junk food, it slows their brain down, increases chances of having diseases such as cholesterol , heart disease etc.