• Please not alot of hw

It is scientifically proven that with a lot of homework it causes stress and depression. It interferes with other activities and free time and can make you lose appetite. It will make you loose sleep and make you stay up too late. Also it makes you rush which makes you not really care about doing it correctly. NOT A LOT OF HOMEWORK PLEASE!!! !!!!!!!!!!

• Homework in schools

I'm not saying get rid of homework completely, but please cut down on it. Kids are getting too stressed to the point they're getting sick and I know because it's happening to my friends and I. It's proven that depression, anxiety, and suicide rates have gone up since kids start school (especially schools that either don't discipline kids right or put too much pressure on the kids). Please cut down on homework.

• Please not a lot of homework!!

• Please not a lot of homework!!

• Students should be given less homework.

Homework can be helpful when only a little is given. However, when students are given loads of homework at the same time, they see it as a burden and don't do much to focus on it. They try to do it as fast as possible, without caring about whether or not they are doing it correctly. Students go to school for 8 hours a day and that is enough. When they come home, they are more than exhausted and are unable to focus on their homework. Students should be able to relax, enjoy their time, and do their hobbies.

• I absolutely agree it should be there less homework in schools

As a student, of course i know how the burden of homework itself to the students. Maybe it's ok if just less homework, but how if many homework that given by teachers to the students, and most of them should be submit it in the next day, so students will feel like have burden after the tired day in schools, because they still have to do their homework because if they don't there will be concequency from their teacher automatically. It will make them stressed, and don't have much time to do other thing such as playing with their friends, or hangout with family, etc. and it all makes their study will be distrubed. So i believe that the teacher should ot give many homework, it shoud be the limitation how many homework that can be allowed to be given to the students. So the students will not feel like they have burden because they have many homework that they have to be done.

• Homework keeps children from sleeping and can lead to unhealthy habits.

Denise Pope a senior lecturer at the Stanford Graduate School of Education, found that too much homework can diminish its effectiveness and even be counterproductive for students.
    Students must stay up extremely late to finish all of the work, which can interfere with natural sleep cycles for children.
    So, I agree the 'Should there be LESS homework in schools?'.

• There are many reasons why. Homework should be kept but less homework. (LINKS)

http://neatoday.org/2014/05/13/should-schools-be-done-with-homework/
    http://news.stanford.edu/2014/03/10/too-much-homework-031014/
    http://www.mathprepa.com/top-5-good-reasons-why-kids-should-not-have-homework.html
    http://www.teach-nology.com/tutorials/teaching/proandconhomework.html
    http://www.healthline.com/health-news/children-more-homework-means-more-stress-031114
    http://teach4theheart.com/2014/09/29/why-you-should-give-way-less-homework/

There are many links here that say about why there should be less homework.

Many, Many, Many, Many, Many, Many, Many, Many, Many, Many, Many, Many, Many, Many, Many, Many, Many, Many, Many, Many, Many, Many, Many, Many, Many, Many, Many, Many, Many Reasons!!!

• No it helps learning

Listen every kid hates doing homework, but what doesn't kill you makes you stronger and homework certainly does that in an educational sense. It reinforces the lesson and provides students with more examples of problems so that they can master the material that is being taught to them. Less homework simply means less practice so less reinforcement so less mastery of the topic.

• Tell me how I'm doing in debate. This is my first small debate :D any critique is excepted. Thanks. So heres why I oppose this

We are in school for about 8 hours, and I know, everyone wants to spend time doing their favorite hobbies and what not, but how much time do we get per class? At my school, we get 45 minutes per subject. That means 45 minutes in algebra and learning a new subject per day. After that class, I still have questions and am left with a touch of confusion. In 45 minutes she explains that subject and leaves us with no other information but notes. And although studying would be faster and easier, it is not as effective as practicing the subject. And if notes work out for you, well not for everyone. By doing a ton of homework, I understand the subject more and am ready to learn again. Plus, how many kids actually pay attention in class? If they only got 5-7 questions on the subject, that would be a bit too easy. But if they received 20 questions, they would see the importance of paying attention in class and not day dreaming. And many say; well, they can just cheat off the answers. Well, yes, they can cheat and what so not, but that's them. There are other smarter people who will approach their homework with focus. It helps out the focuser more than the cheater. It also develops organization and is getting students prepared for university and the business of this world. When receiving a bunch of homework, it forces students to create an organized scheduale, which is what many studens at universities of today need. So it cteates a good habit. When the student creates and organized scheduale, they can apply that scheduale in the real world, and that can let them see when they can get more free time. Organization is something every student needs, or life will be painful for them. Receiving less hw, and having more time free for hobbies can also create a lazy attitude in a person. Another example, in my language arts class, the teacher doesn't explain the subject real well, and she doesn't give us homework either. I am so confused and literarly don't understand what we were supposed to learn at all. I have a 90 in that class, and that's my lowest average, not because I don't understand , but because she doesn't know how to be strict and give hw. If she gave out hw, maybe I would get the hanf of it. Most of the cheaters in there that go along with her answers have a 96, but I preffer to be more civilized. So in conclusion, we most certainly do nottt need less homework whatsoever!!

• Please read why we dont need less hw

• Please read why we dont need less hw

• Please read why we dont need less hw

• Please not a lot of homework!!

• Please not a lot of homework!!