• It's not a question of "should"

There already are more than two genders, or, inversely, there are no genders at all. There is already more than two sexes, as we know it, on a basic biological level (intersex individuals). If we can accept that humanity has nuances and multiple connotations to how those nuances play out based on culture, society, personality, upbringing, perspective, etc., then there isn't any rational reason to believe that there are only two interpretations for "woman" and "man". Which is what gender is: an interpretation. So the question is less about "should there be more than two genders" and more about "should we acknowledge that there are more than two genders". In my views, I don't see why not.

• Deadly Orange is a coward

Did you just assume that all people have a penis or vagina? I'll have you know that my penis was bitten off by a wolf as a child and I know identify as a wolfqueer. This is just one of the millions of genders that not only exist in my head but in my loins.

• This already exists

As of 2017, there are already many genders that are non-conforming. Simply, they already exist. There are many people who do not identify under male or female and identify under equally logical genders. These include demigender, agender, non-binary, genderfluid, etc. Not everyone is cisgender and that ought to be respected.

Posted by: CLRC
  • The question is vague

There are boys, girls, and people with both/no gender. There are 2 main genders, boys and girls. But also there are very few multiple sex people, so I don't understand the question because "should" could mean whether society should consider the number of genders to be over 2, or whether it means whether society would be better with more than 2, or some other interpretation. Either way, I can confirm that boys and girls cover a vast majority, but a few people have a mutation or something, and their own rare gender or something

• Bill nye though

See: Bill Nye Saves the World, Ep. 9, The Sexual Spectrum

It's a spectrum, there is an in-between, and this is called a gender.

You can't debate with Bill Nye and SCIENCE.

This is not just some twitter/tumblr/etc. Shit.

I'm not going to put any opinions. I have a source. I do understand though if you believe and in-between shouldn't be called a gender.

• I like genders

There are 3x10^5 of them. This is because 2+ 2 is 4 minus 1 thats three quick faps. Everyday man's got a cock, but he's not a man. He may be demigender, or just an uckers, if he does go quack quack quack, he might by vapogender. Old man's dum

• Only the human species could be stupid enough to come up with this garbage.

We can thank Tumblrites for coming up with idiocies like "76 genders." This nonsense is nothing more than the ramblings of the intellectually impaired and the mentally deranged. "Hey guyz, look at me, I'm a purple, non-binary dragon!" Or insert any other nutty "gender" in that. Troglodytes, every single one of them.

Posted by: Spud
  • No there should not

There have been 2 races since the beginning of all history and this new introduction of multiple genders is just a result of too much free will without limits. The reason that all the other-gender people give is that they feel different. Fluctuations in your emotions is normal and it is not a reason to create a new gender, some of the ones created don't even make sense! I'll just make this easier by saying this, Penis=Male, Vagina=Female

• There are only 2 natural sexes so why should there be more than 2 genders?

While exceptions do exist, there are only 2 functional sexes, male and female. Each gender is the societal reflection of a gender, and as such there is no practical need for more than 2 genders. While the argument could be made that some people are born with traits of multiple sexes, instead of creating a new gender to fit that they should simply undergo surgery in order to push them towards whichever sex they are closer to (if this turns out to be a mistake they can always change their sex and gender later in life). From a biological perspective, gender is unimportant so technically we could get away with completely scrapping the idea of gender as a whole and just classify people by sex alone, but that's another discussion for another day.

• *Says in a mocking tone*:

I sexually Identify as an Attack Helicopter. Ever since I was a boy I dreamed of soaring over the oilfields dropping hot sticky loads on disgusting foreigners. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Etc.

• Two is already Too Many

If anything there should only be one gender, or no genders at all. I'm tired of all these he she it memes we got going on in the wild west here and I need a single thing to define a meaningless human by. If I had my way the only gender would be "jerry".

• Two is already Too Many!

• There is a difference between a gender and a sexuality

I believe that there should only be two genders because you're only born as one. Whether you change it or not is up to you. However, if you change genders, now you would become the opposite gender. If you say that you sexually identify as a homosexual man, then great. That means you're gender is male, and you're sexuality is homosexual. If you are a transsexual, then you are now the opposite gender. If you are gender-fluid, you still have male parts or female parts, yet you don't want to accept what gender you are. I believe that is okay, but people should understand the difference between a gender and a sexuality.

• No there shouldn't

"There have been 2 races since the beginning of all history and this new introduction of multiple genders is just a result of too much free will without limits. The reason that all the other-gender people give is that they feel different. Fluctuations in your emotions is normal and it is not a reason to create a new gender, some of the ones created don't even make sense!" This guy literally said exactly what I was going to. It is so simple, so true.

• I don't think so

I understand individuals who are transgender; however, I think there is only male and female sexes. So an individual is either a male or a female. There is no third male/female mix. If you are born a male but inside you are a female, then fine. You are a female but you cannot be both and you cannot be neither.

• It is correct

I'm so tired of seeing all these nonbinary special snowflakes at school complaining about how misgendering is abuse, and getting high key triggered when people don't call them "asexual panromantic nonbinary interspecies, pronouns they/them/theirs." These people are just going through identity crises, brought on by Tumblr and wanting to feel unique. When transgender people undergo surgery and hormone therapy, they become either male or female. BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT EXISTS!

AnonymousAthiest says2017-11-27T16:10:05.723
I don't care