Should there be national and international regulations regarding the advancement of artificial intelligence?

• Job Loss Increasement

If there are more AI (artificial intelligence) in life. Robots may become say consumed with our daily patterns that they will take over jobs. A lot of U.S. citizens don't have jobs and if robots get jobs, there will be more jobless and homeless citizens. Plus Steven Hawking and the CEO of Tesla both agree on AI regulations.

• Limit Artificial Intelligence

I am a person who loves technology however, it is important that we be aware of how artificial intelligence advances. There should be laws in place to ensure that no one tries to play mad scientist and create something that could cause a disaster. I also watch a lot of movies and it scares me to think that there may be people out there who are trying to make what is on-screen become reality!

• Yes I believe there should be regulations for artificial intelligence.

Since I was a child, I was dreaming of worlds with robots and flying cars... It seems that were slowly getting there. Which is why I think that now, there should be regulations and rules for both national and international areas. Artificial intelligence is something we are not used too therefore we need to control it first.

• There should be consensus

There should be consensus on international regulations regarding the advancement of artificial intelligence because it is a way of keeping all of our systems secure -- at least allied nations. I don't think rogue nations ever sign treaties that help the U.S. and the western world. But there should be common laws so that no one starts a technical war.

• Artificial Intelegence Should Not Be Regulated

Artificial intelligence nowadays is the utmost engineering and innovative way to make easy all humans spheres of life and business. Artificial intelligence should not be targeted for regulation by diversified government and supra-government organisations. Any kind of regulations limits innovative thinking and slows progress. Artificial Intelligence slowdown will negatively impact from space science to medical research and robotics.

• Only if animals have rights, as well.

I think that giving an artificial intelligence the same rights as humans is not the way to go with this situation. If they have feelings, has the ability to accumulate memories and are able to communicate (verbally, or non verbally.) I would recommend giving them the basic rights, but i think after they've evolved and realized that they're smarter than the human race that they would try to take over. If we gave an artificial intelligence the same rights as humans then why can't we give animals the same rights? We know that animal testing happens, and they know that they feel pain, animals can communicate and they have feelings and we as humans know that. Yet we're already deciding to give artificial intelligence rights, without them even being invented yet. If we were to give them rights, we need to make sure animals have rights first.

• Why woul yo do that?

Throughout history mankind has always opposed technology and science, if we going to create a regulation regarding cyber intelligence we will be doing just what our ancestors did when they persecuted Galileu for saying that the earth wasn't the centre of the universe. Even if we created that now it would be already too late, because there are technological devices much more smarter then the average human.

candacelol says2015-11-20T15:15:01.180