• Yes, I do

I have two reasons, one is that there can be physical fighting, drug dealing, and even shoot outs at schools sometimes, police presence would help with these issues. Another reason is because of the Sandy Hook school shootings, if there were police officers or armed guards at Sandy Hook in the first place, the shooter probably wouldn't of taken a student's life.

• Yes there should be police officers in schools.

I agree with the other side that the school officials could break up a physical fight amongst students and a police officer isn't needed. However, we need at least one police officer at every school because there has been an increase in school shooting. If you place an officer at every school, they can prevent the shooting and the student's wouldn't get injured.

• In my opinion i believe that all schools should have police officers on campus

The reason why i think that police officers should be on campus is because it will stop school shootings and it will make the students at schools feel safer because they know that they have people or a person watching over there school but in my opinion i believe that there should be more than one officer on campus because it will be a easier for them to ketch the bad guy.

• I say yes.

If the police come and get to know the kids, then the kids will not be scared of them. That means that if the kids actually have to be saved then they won't be scared of them and will listen. Also, the kids will make friends with the police and learn to make good choices.

• I say wee need more police officers in school.

There is never too many officers in a school because that will will make us feel safer and if there is someone that is planning to attack a school with more than one officer they are more likely to not attack it because there is more than one and we will be safer.

• Schools need police

We need police.¨the fact¨ that people are saying that schools don´t need police is crazy to me because without having police. AS A EXAMPLE ,this gives all the people with the thought of shooting up a school a better chance because now they know that there wont be no police around.Now my opinion is we should have police because now that will prevent more school shootings.Also with police being around more often,when they see a car or somebody that looks very suspect,they can alert the school principle and they can put the school on lock down until they figure the situation out and get everything under control.

• Yes they should

They should because it is so much safer and makes kids feel safer and if there aren't any police maybe we should have teachers carry guns. We have to make the schools safer. I'm in 6th grade and i don't feel safe at school. It's pretty sad. That's why I think we should have police at schools.

• Yes they should.

Yes, I think that police should be in schools because of the school shootings, the broken out fights that are happening and most importantly the drug dealers. I think that this needs to be handled right away because too many things in such little time are happening. Maybe it is because of these gun laws.

• I think yes!

There are many schools that are having shootings and when the police come many kids have already been shot. There are also school fights that happen that go way too far and sometimes the teachers can't handle it. There should be police officers that stay in the school to protect.

• Students will be scared.

I think that police officers should not be in schools because students will feel like they're in jail. They will not be able to express themselves and be who they truly are if they have officers constantly watching them 24/7. They will be scared and disorder will soon start to grow.

• No there should not be police officers in schools!

No there should not be police officers in schools. First of all, you need privacy. Then the police cameras have enough tec to do the job that the police officers would do. You don't need police officers to stop help you and stop fights. You might see them peeking around in the doorway if you had them.

• Don't treat them like criminals.

Having police officers at school will create disorder. Police officers should be outside of school, dealing with problems important. Injuries at school should be dealt without police officers, and left to nurses, and teachers. If shooting actually happens of campus, which is very unlikely, then they have the right to come on campus. Overall, they aren't needed.

• You do not need police officers at schools.

You do not need police officers to break up a physical fight, in fact it is probably better handled inside the school system so you don't get a criminal record and mediation can occur. There are many more drug dealings out in the ghetto suburbs or wherever drug dealers hand out, put police there. The number of shootings and violence in bars and certain ghetto areas is definitely higher than whatever tiny percentage it is in schools. In summary, waste of resources.

• That would be very sad

It will be a very sad day when police officers have to be stationed in all schools. We don't have any in any schools in my country.

Schools are full of kids and the schools have a right to discipline one kids as they see fit, they are not full of criminals. If we start treating kids like criminals then they will act like criminals.

• Sorry but no

Hello, My name is Corbin Morie and my side of the argument is why Police Officers should not be aloud in schools
    My first reason is because if Police Men/Women were in all schools all People who go to a school (From 5-22) would be scared to do anything because Police are just walking around a school Campus not respecting their privacy so this violates Freedom of Speech because if you were talking about how much you don’t like the Police in the school the Police may not like that and report that to an Authority of the school and they would get in a sort of trouble that would be Unnecessary.
    My second reason is the Police Men/Women might be too harsh on the kids if they got in trouble at all they would be too harsh like yelling at them for not paying a classroom dollar fine that was unnecessary to begin with. In 2008 a School police officer strangled a girl in math class and violently pulled her towards the classroom entrance till he was stopped and was fired

• No they shouldn't

Police would violate privacy, and schools can punish students as they feel. Also, police are always needed somewhere, no matter where, and they issues could be big. Also the kids would feel insecure and scared with officers at their schools. I am just typing to fill in the word count. :)

• I poop my pants era day

Nuh nuh nuh the popo are to scary nonononono no no no no non please im black im vewwy scared no no no no no no stop it now they will shoot me down no no no no please i want dah popo to o go away please please please i am an african american i will be shot down please noooooo

• Violent crimes have steadily been decreasing since the 1990s.

Despite the unfortunate events that have recently circulated news stations around the nation, schools still continue to be the safest place for students. We do not need police officers in our schools (SROs). Having armed officers in schools have shown to have a negative impact on students rather than having a positive impact in their lives.

• Education is better than force.

The way to get kids to behave better is to teach them how to handle their emotions better. The sight of police officers causes students to feel guarded and like criminals. Kids act up naturally. Some officers are too brutal for small offenses. It makes school more difficult and causes kids to skip more.