• I'm not religions, but I support others who are, and I have nothing against them.

There are actually, in fact, already prayer in public schools. The moment of silence at the beginning over every school day was created for kids to pray if they want to. We shouldn't refrain children from praying. Praying makes people feel comforted and makes them feel confident with themselves or others.

• Not sure what this question is asking...

Is this asking "Should students get in trouble for saying prayers during school time?" or is it asking "Should schools set aside some time specifically for prayer?"

If the former: Then no, students should not get in trouble for praying in school. If they do it in the middle of class and it's distracting to the lesson, then the teacher can ask them to wait until after class, but there should be no punishment for it. Religion means the world (and then some) to a lot of people, and it shouldn't be taken away from them. This question is as black and white as "Should there be homosexuals in public schools?" It's a big part of who the are, and the school system can't tell them to change.

If the latter: Then no, I don't think a specific time should be set apart for prayer. We already have 20-30 mins of lunch (depending on your school), and there is plenty of time to both pray and eat your meal.

However, certain religions believe in praying at specific times of day, and in my school system allowed them 7 mins at those certain times to pray, and if this is the case, then yes, they should have the time to practice to their beliefs.

• Why would we need it?

There is a reason it is called Public School, and not Religion only school. Kids can pray during the moment of silence, but the purpose of public school is that it takes and lives diversity, and a lot of kids at public schools are raised aithiest, or without a religion period, so, it's not fair to them. And you don't specify what kind of religious prayers, so it could be taken any different way, and a lot of kids would be left out.

• Abolish collective worship

It is a personal choice and no one religion should be forced upon anyone. Education and state should be completely separate from any form of religion. We should not have religion involved financially in schools, we should not have schools under any one denomination. Religious education should be to broaden the mind and open our eyes to different cultures not to indoctrinate the young.

• I don't think there should be religion in school

Firstly I am not against religion I'm not but I don’t think there should be religion in school because there are student that don’t believe and they will feel left out. The public schools don’t have the funds because if they teach the students they should have the books. But no they don’t the school can be a private school its fine because the students parents pay the school but not the public school the education is free.

• Well of course not!

Well, there is this really cool thing in America called separation between church and state. This basically means that the church does not affect the state. Crazy, right!?!?! Well public schools are part of the state. And with the whole separation thing going on, this means that the church can't affect the school. If you want to have a whole church thing going on at school, then go to a private school that is not owned by the state.

• There should not be prayer on public schools.

Prayer is an aspect of religion and forcing prayer into schools would mean you are trying to force religion into the children of today. Doing so would mean you are trying to force them down a certain belief that should be up to them to believe. Religion should be kept out of schools and stay at home and in church.

• There should not be prayer in public schools.

Schools are not religious institutions. Everyone has the right to freedom of religion, but it should be limited to designated places of worship. School is a place to learn academics, not a place for personal spiritual practices. Students might find other religions offensive to their own, and free praying in school could only cause conflict.