• Yes, of course

I do not think there is any valid reason to remove public schools. There are pros and cons to any type of education, but public school definetaly serves its purpose. From kindergarten to my freshman year in high school (now) o have had great expiriences and have also learned quite a bit.

• Government controlled brainwashing

The government controls and manipulates everything about schools. They control curriculums through grants with many requirements. The government also has laws against firing inadequate teachers. They also select only specially trained and brainwashed teachers to get hired. On top of that schools have no room to be flexible for smarter children or promising athletes. They punish students who are intelligent or talented by forcing them to adopt the speed of the least talented and most struggling child in the class.

• Public school does not serve the needs of the student

A lot of people think that school is designed to educate children so that they will be ready for adult life, but if you just look at the people leaving public schools, you'll see that they have no idea what they are doing and have no real skills. School does not teach practical or useful skills for the vast majority of time spent there. People definitely shouldn't have to pay taxes to fund an institution that does nothing with most of its time. Sure, they may learn to read, write, and do basic math, but that's very early on. Middle and High school are still pretty much useless. Why keep it going past the point where it serves a purpose? Because the purpose is not to educate, but to indoctrinate children into being obedient workers and servants to the government. This is ridiculous. We're being forced to pay for something that doesn't have the people's interest at heart and only hurts them. Sorry if I went on a rant, so let me clarify my points. School does not do much to help children because it lasts WAY too long and wastes most of that time with worthless, trivial lessons. Also, it takes money from taxpayers that it uses to hurt the people and benefit a corrupt government. Even if public school was still allowed to exist, it definitely SHOULDN'T BE COMPULSORY.