Should there be routine HIV testing for all adults?

• Sorta kinda yes

I can see where it can be infringing on rights but the education is simply not enough. People are aware of the HIV epidemic but still have unprotected sex or practice drug use and then the disease spreads. Public health is our nation's concern as it should be.

However, I think it should be standardized in doctor visits on a routine blood test. It should be done without the patients request. Currently, when I go to a doctor, I have to request the test and many won't.

Heterosexuals often feel they won't be affected by it but that's obviously not true at all, so it's a concern for me, especially for heterosexual women who do not get tested.

I don't believe you should be REQUIRED to go in for testing but if you get a physical, it should be part of the routine.

• There Most Certainly Should Be

There is no reason to not test for this unless it's against your religion. Why? Because then you can be safe and careful with your sexual partners, and be punished when you're not. What reason could there possibly be besides religion to not routinely test for such a horrible disease?

• not all the adults have multiple partners.

If both partners never had sex with other people, I believe that they do not worry about getting HIVs. Plus, there are some adults who never have sex. So how come every adults need to have the test? Those people who have multiple sex partners should be responsible for their own health.

• No, that wouldn't be right

Routine HIV testing may help things in quite a few ways but I believe the backlash would be severe and not worth it. Forcing adults to get STD tests routinely would be executing far too much control over the people in a way similar to that of a dictatorship. It would go against people's rights and be unfair to our freedom.

• No, there should not be routine HIV testing for all adults.

Speaking economically first, this would not currently be feasible no matter how well intentioned. Secondly, you would have libertarians jumping at the idea that the government is mandating yet another requirement that someone does not have a choice about receiving. The political fallout for suggesting the routine check ups would be too great for any politician, so the time spent debating it would be for not especially now during the economic down turn.

• No, that wouldn't be right