• Yes, There Should be Speed Limits

Speed limits stop people from driving at 120 miles per hours on the open road, "just for fun." What if someone was DUI, driving under the influence. Someone could get seriously hurt. You cannot just think about the safety of yourself, or just one person. You need to think about the safety of other people out there.

• Of course there should be a speed limit

Yes absoulutely there should be speed limits because if we don't theres going to be more wrecks due to people rushing. On the opposing side they say ''if its 8:55 and your curfews at 9 you need time to get home'' well its the responsibility of the person to leave at a time they know they will get home before curfew if they leave at 8:55 and don't get home at there curfew then thats on them and as for leave at a specific so you know you will get there on time.

Yes absolutely there should be speed limit because without it more fatal accidents will happen killing a lot of people. Also, if your late you should not blame it on the speed limit you should be responsible and leave your house early. I believe that people are not that responsible so they need speed limit to make them more secure.

• Yes, humans can't behave properly without bloated bureaucracies and tight Government regulations and controls.

If there were no speed limits, people like me would drive as fast as my car would go just for the entertainment of it (i.E. 120 miles an hour). In fact, if speed limits were eliminated, I would have legitimate a reason to buy a faster car that could go 200 miles an hour (because I can afford to). I need big brother watching me 24/7 to keep me under control and save me from myself. Furthermore, speed limits are a great way for Police (and government) to tax the snot out of the population if Government coffers become too empty (all in the noble cause of public safety). It also provides desperately needed busywork and justification for large bloated armies of overpaid law enforcement officers, judges, lawyers and government workers (pumping out paperwork and golden pension plan packages).

• Only recommended speed limits

Hold people responsible for the results of their actions, not a potential hazard. If a person causes an accident by driving faster than their skill can support, then punish them for the result of actions.

There are many methods to slow down traffic without using the force of law. The easiest method is to reduce lane width. These smaller lanes reduce the speed of traffic, not law needed.

• There should not be a speed limit.

There should not be a speed limit because if you curfew is 9 and its 8:55 you need to go fast and make it home on time. Also if you Have to go to work and you might be late so you have to go fast so you make it on time.

• Bru the autobahn

In Germany they have the autobahn and it is very safe. We should have something like that in america. I'm not saying that there shouldn't be speed signs warning of what there is to come, but it shouldn't be mandatory to fallow those speed limits. At least at the big interstates.

• I'd rather have people thought how behave responsibly on their own, than told.

In my opinion, speed limit on its own does very little to reduce road accidents. People like to blame it on speed because it's easy, but I personally believe that there are many components involved, starting with: driving skill, car driven, physical condition, and responsibility awareness.

Let's be honest, not everybody has the same driving skills and a poor driver at low speed may be more dangerous to themselves and others than a more expert one at higher speed (agreed that many tend to overestimate their own abilities too).

The car involved also matters a lot, my mother in law is driving the cheapest model of car and seeing that car on the freeway is a scary experience, past 50 miles an hour the car is shaking like crazy and very unresponsive.

When it comes to physical condition, driving when you are sleepy or DUI is dangerous and irresponsible regardless of the speed at which you are driving.

As to when I talk about responsibility awareness, I for one don't need a panel to tell me to slow down when I'm near a school, or when entering a crowded area, it's common sense. (I know there's nothing rarer than common sense...)

Lastly, if speed is such an issue, then why bother making cars that actually can go over that speed limit? Wouldn't it be easier to just make cars limited to 90 miles per hour top speed?