Should there be stricter laws to punish sex offenders?

Asked by: TrueThinker112
  • Flawed justice system

Of course sex offenders should get harsher punishments,I mean theft charges get longer than sex predators...Most of the first time offenders just have to register and get probation! What about the victims who have to live in fear knowing the offender is out there. There is something wrong with all these rights activists crying for rights for these predators...What about the REAL victims?

• Something has to be done

When my daughters were younger. My ex was offered a plea bargain. To get me to agree to it they told me he would spend every day of it in prison with no possibility for parole, they lied. My daughters received 3 councelling sessions and no more. After half of the sentence, first time he went up for parole, he was granted it. They still have nightmares to this day. How the hell is that in anyway right?

• Nip it in the bud

Getting sexually assaulted more than just physically hurts its victims. On SEVERAL occasions it was the pushing point for suicide. Especially if the victim was a child. Stripping a kid of their innocence should be a crime no matter how you do it. Harming someone sexually is the worst possible way to harm someone cause its something they will always have to live with. At least if you get murdered you don't have to live with it. So the worst punishments

• Wake up Lawmakers!

DUI registry? No
    Domestic Violence registry? No
    Murder registry? No
    Bad Parenting registry? No
    Crooked Politician registry? No
    Crooked Police registry? No
    By all means ANY crime deserves justice however why is there a need to punish people twice for the same crime? Ok America lets even the planfield, put my ancestors slave masters family on the registry so I can find them. This is PURE slavery to me!