• Yes it should be year-round because it is such an important part of life.

School is very important. Without it, you will be a starving artist on the street with no life. Without education, you will not lead a successful life. Without a successful life, you will not achieve any GOOD dreams. Also, school brings discipline, and discipline is very much needed, especially with modern-day kids who are rambunctious. In Conclusion, this is why there should be a year-round school.

• Yes, There Should Be Year Round School

Children should not have to be forced to go to school on a year-round basis. The amount of schooling children currently receive is adequate enough. Instead of year-round schooling, children should be given a stronger, uniform curriculum that would ensure they exceed the rigorous challenges they will have to face in the coming, more globalized world.

• It gives more time for learning.

Children are smart, and having a longer school year would give them more opportunities in learning many more skills. I would be willing to pay a nominal amount to help in additional fees to get a program started. I think that kids of all ages can help start school gardens to feed the neighborhoods they live in. The kids would learn science -- how plants grow. They would learn math -- how much a certain crop would produce and how much they would need to plant to get to a certain amount of yield. They would learn about conservation of soil and water. They would even get their physical education at the same time by performing the work themselves with the guidance of adults. But growing a school garden is just many of the programs I imagine kids can do in the summer. Gardening isn't only in the summer; there are winter, spring and fall preparations also for different type of crops.

• Yes it should because it will help us remember things better!!

Most kids when they go on summer break they forget what they did during the Summer time. It would be more easier for me to remember what I did in school. In Summer time kids don't go and look back at schoolwork, study guides, tests, or homework. I don't do that so we should have school all year. This is my opinion on this situation. Don't yell at me for thinking this. Thank you for reading.

• People are stupid

OK for all of you saying no it is not school all year there is still the same amount of school days but more frequent short breaks IT DOES NOT MEAN ALL YEAR IS SCHOOL WITH NO BREAKS! It is a alternative schedule lets take a look at the advantages: MORE SKIING TIME, YOU GET TO ENJOY NOT JUST 1 P. A. DAY a whole week there are no points against year round schooling it is a all around good idea

• School is Important.

School should be year-round because of the integration and receiving of the knowledge. Without year-round schooling systems, we would be wasting the knowledge that we had attained in the previous year. This would cause the introductory stage of the year to be a reviewing of the lessons from the previous year. Therefore, I believe that schooling should be year-round.

• I say yes

I think that they should have year round schools because it helps kids get better grades in school and they can get a better grade in class. They will be able to pass their classes a lot easier if they had year round schools. If they had longer beaks kids wold forget most of the work they did before that year/ instead of longer breaks we should get about 3 weeks around thanksgiving because it is an important season to hunt.

• Year round school

Because it would be good for them because over summer break kids tend to forgot a lot of the stuff they had learned in school. Plus it gives kids time to take a vacation for a week and spend time with their family that's why i say there should be year-round school.

• Year Round School

There should be year round school. In summer most kids get so caught up in TV shows they forget all they learned the year before. Sometimes, it's also sports; the kids think about just winning instead of using logic to win. Year round school helps keep grades up because Summer is only 6 weeks. Year round school is definitely two thumbs up! By having a little bit longer breaks they learn more.

• Year Round School

There should be year round school. I think so because in summer, kids forget all the things they learn the last year. Then they have to learn all of it all over again. If we have a year round school, or balanced calender, they still get break, but don't forget everything

• Give kids a break

Kids need freedom. Summer is that freedom, and I know this because I'm a 5th grader. Everybody I know counts on summer as a reliever, and I do too. We need to let kids live their lives to the fullest and run around while they still can. With all those breaks kids will start slacking off. I mean, do you REALLY think that kids will actually study over that one week off? School IS an important part of life, but year-round school is NOT a good idea. Now, longer school days wouldn't be so bad...

• Year-round schooling is the wrong choice for our students!

Throughout America, many school administrations have been trying to decide whether or not to keep schools open all year round. This conception would not have a positive outcome because businesses and people would lose money and jobs, summer camps are available for those who need it, and it would cost more money to run the schools.

• No, children need breaks from school!

Its stupid! Kids need breaks from school because they need to have breaks. Children often suffer from depression because they are stressed from to much work at school. I am a middle school student and I am overwhelmed with work and need a break! Kids in my classes are crying because of this so in my opinion, I would say NO TO YEAR ROUND SCHOOL! Also I am doing a argumentative essay about this so yeah!

• School is a waste of our time, if we go all year with it, it is 7 hours of nothing but making our brains explode.

We have so much stuff to do in the summer. Camps, family vacations, and also our brains would be fried like fries and or chicken. You can get sick when you're in school more than in the summer.
    The one thing that confuses me is that summer school is what you can do in the summer if you want to go year round for school.

• This is retarded.

It is retarded. We need a break from all the pressure and stress, from all the homework and the bullying! Lots of students give their teachers a hard time, so breaks are good for teachers, too (unless there's some secret thing I don't know about). Year-round school gives everyone stress, including students, teachers, secretaries, the nurse, vice principal, and the principal.

• Depression & Suicide Rate would Increase

Let's face it. As it is, even with all these breaks and vacations, many students are killing themselves every day. They just can't handle the stress. Now just imagine year-round schooling. Many more kids would kill themselves due to depression and stress. And even if they don't, many kids will turn to drugs and/or alcohol. In conclusion, if there were year round schooling, we would be having many more dead students.

• No for many reasons.

There should not be year-round school. For one thing, vacation is going to be harder to go on, especially places that are only open during summer like some amusement parks. Also no one wants to go to the beach during winter. You couldn't really get a summer job. Plus, many people are already accustomed to the school schedule. Changing it would cause confusion and stress.

• Conflict with work

It is important for teenagers to work during the summer to make money for themselves. With a year-round schedule, work hours are limited due to child labor laws. Although year-round offers longer breaks after each semester/quarter, teens wouldn't want to spend their vacation time working. Instead, they'd like to rest.

• Unlike teachers, kids have lives.

Kids do things after school that may not be important to teachers, but are to the students! Also kids can get confused with all that work sticking and jammed in their brain. Yes some teachers do have lives but kids need to have a vacation from school, because if they needed to attend a funeral or wedding, but they couldn't because all year round school.

• There should never be year round schooling.

Year round schooling is plain old dumb, It would be so much stress for people. I don't think anyone understands the damage it could do to your brain. I know people may think that YRS is more school, but no really, it just has a few weeks then breaks and that goes on and on. All their breaks equal our summer break.

Anonymous says2013-02-25T20:30:27.177
No because need some free time from school to exercise
Anonymous says2013-04-04T04:13:35.563
Learning. Children are smart, and having a longer school year would give them more opportunities in learning many more skills. I would be willing to pay a nominal amount to help in additional fees to get a program started. I think that kids of all ages can help start school gardens to feed the neighborhoods they live in. The kids would learn science -- how plants grow. They would learn math -- how much a certain crop would produce and how much they would need to plant to get to a certain amount of yield. They would learn about conservation of soil and water. They would even get their physical education at the same time by performing the work themselves with the guidance of adults. But growing a school garden is just many of the programs I imagine kids can do in the summer. Gardening isn't only in the summer; there are winter, spring and fall preparations also for different type of crops.

Posted by: mvpmadison