• Yes, it needs to be canceled

I'm tired of seeing and hearing about store workers getting injured or even killed because some people can't control themselves. I wanna see companies put everything they were going to sell on Black Friday and put it on Cyber Monday. This way the companies get their profit and workers no longer get hurt. I've seen how people behave on Black Friday and it's disgusting.

• Threatens peace and should be a time for family

Black Friday should be canceled because too many people are either killed or hurt fighting over merchandise that can be bought at discounted prices throughout the year. Customers shouldn't have to feel insecure or threatened by simply shopping. Stores and malls become overpopulated which becomes huge safety hazards. If stores want to work however they want, they should be free to do so on other days rather than all at once.

• Black Friday Dangerous

Black Friday should be replaced with Cyber Monday. Such a new shopping extravaganza would save the environment in regards to the use of paper bags and gas to get to the stores. Black Friday has been a dangerous shopping event and will stay that way until Cyber Monday is accepted.

• Canceling Black Friday Impedes Free Trade

While I personally couldn't stand to go to Black Friday sales, it is every store's right to conduct its sales, hours and any aspect of business in whatever way they feel is best. That is part of what it means to be a free market, and forcibly canceling a sale like Black Friday would restrict the rights of stores to conduct business, which is not the nature of a free market.