Should tombstones have codes or other unusual markings to draw more people to the grave site?

• No, I disagree

I think this is not the best idea. A tombstone is not a decoration that has to attract someones attention. It should be something cool and has calm appearance. It is not supposed to draw more people's attention. This is because, you cannot just visit a random tombstone. People visit their loved ones, unless it is some kind of research.

• It's up to the family/individual

Using codes or other unusual grave markings could be appropriate or necessary. I guess there are different purposes for memorial markers or tombstones. In a cemetery like Pere Lachaise, there are maps to the graves and memorials of famous people, and thousands of visitors go to see the sites. Some families have sort of central interment areas, but I guess it depends on the purpose of the markers.

• No, tombstones should not have codes or other unusual markings to draw more people to the grave site.

No, tombstones should not have codes or other unusual markings to draw more people to the grave site because tombstones represent places where a person is resting in peace. Why should more people go to disturb that person's peace? Tombstones should be simple reminders for a family of where their loved one is buried.

• They need to last.

If a tombstone were more colorful or had more moving parts, it would not last as long. There is no way to collect more money from someone after they are dead, so it's important that a grave stone is sturdy. It needs to last for hundreds of years for people that want to do research on their ancestors.