Should topless dress be remain ILLEGAL for women in public places like beaches, swimming pools, and other areas where men may be shirtless?

Asked by: Sbuemi
  • I think it should remain illegal

Because most places where it is illegal are family friendly, and would most likely want to keep it that way. It would also lead to much more harassment, and possibly women feeling shameful of their bodies seeing other women with confidence to be in public topless. And, if parents are teaching a young girl to respect her chest as a "private area", seeing women topless will make the kid want to, and kind of defeat the purpose of the parents protective teachings

• I'm t should remain illegal in public areas because It's nudity

It should remain illegal because It is nudity: It is exposing sensitive areas of a persons body. Men don't have breasts, most of them don't. In private areas it is different than public. In private areas you have a sense of privacy, while In public places anyone can see and children might be exposed to this.

• It's always been normal

It's what's always been considered normal in American society and it's not really that important to change at the moment. Also men everywhere will get in trouble with their wives and girlfriends because their eyes will naturally wander around and the wives and girlfriends will naturally hate them for it

• I think it should remain illegal

My reason for thinking that it should remain illegal is because men do not genitals on their chests were as woman do i also think that maybe it would be fine if woman had a bra covering up their boobs because the all that is exposed is their stomachs .

• It won't exactly change much.

Even if women could walk around topless (which is actually already legal in New York), it wouldn't radically change very much in America. Particularly in places such as beaches and pools, women can already wear bikinis that do not really cover up their breasts at all, anyway. Being topless wouldn't really reveal a whole lot.

• This should be legal

I believe that god has created both man and women similar for a reason. As teenagers, we are taught how the anatomy of males and females work/look like. I feel that it is wrong that males can flaunt their bodies while it is socially unacceptable for women to show any skin.

• This should be legal

I think that god created our males and females similar for a reason. Everyone knows what male and females bodies look like. Why should women have to hide their bodies while men can flaunt theirs? You hear of men being distracted by women but in reality, women are just as distracted in the same way.

• This should be legal

• I think this should no longer be illegal

I think this because I believe in small government in almost every instance. People should be able to be as free as they want and not have to worry about if their comfort will offend others around them. Although I understand the other sides argument and this may possibly be a shock to children but once it becomes norm, it will no longer be a shock