• Holy shit good job earth

Who honestly gives a shit. Please don't tell me people are offended because girls toys are separated from boys toys. Why are people so soft these days? It just makes it easier for people to shop so seriously world grow a pair of balls and return to how you once were.

• Yes, for easy shopping.

The fact is, most children want gender specific toys. By segregating the toys, the toy stores make shopping quicker and easier for their customers. There is no reason you can't shop for either gender in either section, but keeping the toys organized by gender is simply easier and makes more sense.

• No no no

No no nono no nono no nono no nono no nono no nono no nono no nono no nono no nono no nono no nono no nono no nono no nono no nono no nono no nono no nono no nono no nono no nono no nono no nono no nono no nono no nono no nono no nono no nono no nono no nono no nono no nono no nono no nono no nono no nono no nono no nono no nono no nono no nono no nono no nono no nono no nono no nono no nono no nono no nono no nono no no

• They should NOT be segregated!

For the reasons that others above have mentioned. When I was a little girl, I loved monster trucks and Batman as much as I loved stuffed animals and baby dolls. Toys should be segregated by function/type (i.E. Dolls/action figures, stuffed animals, vehicles, dress-up/role-play, ect.) rather than simply "boy" and "girl" toys.

• No I do not think so.

Gender segregation in toy stores plays a hand at increasing bullying. It does this by reinforcing stereotypes that play on children's insecurities for wanting something that is not something that falls under your gender's category. Growing up is tough enough without encouraging girls and boys toys to be kept apart and furthering their understanding of one another.

• Gender shouldn't matter.

I think starting with Generation Y and Z, we're going to find that the notions and ideas of gender that are imposed on us currently are going to be mostly demolished. It's about time we can live in a world where boys and girls can be interested in whatever they want to be interested in without being stigmatized for it not fitting the mold they were "born" to fit.

• This is nuts

What if a little girl likes a toddler basketball hoop, should she not be exposed to it because it's a "boy item"? This is insane and something I wasn't aware anybody actually considered a problem. I really don't see what the benefit of putting this into place would be, and I'm kind of afraid to hear it from anybody that thinks there is one.

• Toy departments do not need segregation.

There is simply no good reason to segregate toy departments. It will not improve efficiency or the ability for a shopper to find toys. It won't help sell any more toys and above it all, segregated toy departments will alienate children that suffer from gender dysmorphic disorder among other things. There is simply no need.