Should transgender individuals be forced to use a particular bathroom?

• Yes they should

I think they should because they were born with what they have and they need to accept it cant change it now. If they chose the opposite gender than they naturally born with they might get made fun of or worse. So that is why they should be forced to use a particular bathroom.

• Not an issue of rights, but more of fighting for special privileges that aren't deserved.

There's nothing special about transgenders that warrants the allowance of bathroom selection. If they are born male, use the men's restroom. If born a women, use the women's room. Don't like the idea? I say use your own bathroom. There's a big difference between a right and a special privilege. This is clearly the latter. Not to mention, this is a law that can be easily abused by sexual predators.

• Traditional family values still rule the roost.

Imagine an adult female exiting a bathroom stall, and running into a full grown male standing in the women's bathroom with his penis exposed. Will she be raped? Is it a transgender with special rights? Who knows! But this is what a new California law wants to expose are school age children too. Not to mention transgender lockers, sports teams and the likes.
    The many times that I have accompanied my children to a public restroom this has never been a concern. Men went into the men's restroom, women went into the women's. I abhore the thought of my 9 year daughter using the restroom (at her school of all places) and a boy enter the facility. This should not have to be a concern for the 99.99% of the parents who are certain of the gender of their child. This is such a common sense issue. We as parents live to protect the innocence of our children. Not to expose them to the LGBT agenda which works in direct contrast to traditional family values. Think of the innocence of our children first.

• It's simple biology!

Going to the bathroom is a biological function and should there for be governed by a persons biological sex not what gender they want to be!

The other persons in the public that also use these facilities have the right to privacy, to not be exposed to the opposite sex while using said facility, why should everyone's rights be trampled on for a person with a psychological disorder (gender identity disorder/dysphoria)?

• Yes and No, but mostly yes.

I'm all for offering a co-ed alternative in addition to single sex bathrooms—and if that's the solution, it should be done everywhere—But I think it should be optional; No one should be forced to use it. There are just SO many red flags when it comes to putting genders together in the same restroom, and I think to ignore those is to completely throw caution to the wind.

• Use What You're Dressed For

I prefer the simplest answer for transgender people using public bathrooms. If the transgender person is dressed more as male then they should only use men's restrooms. If the transgender individual is dressed more as a woman, then they should use the women's restrooms. I don't think this is something should make a bug deal out of, just something for common sense.

• Confusion, delusion, illusion -- abnormal deceptive misleading productions of science and theatrics at the end of the day, it's all in your dna!!!

People please stop trying to alter reality! YOUR beliefs about what you ACTUALLY ARE ONLY exist in YOUR HEAD.The FACT is you ARE NOT AUTHENTIC You truly want your own sex in heterosexual form. However, you fake females know that if you EVER tried to deceive a REAL man, he would DECAPITATE you with his bare hands. You fake males could never satisfy a real woman because you can't offer the physical pleasure that a man can offer, nor can you evoke the emotion that a woman feels for her man.Why? You literally and figuratively come up short. Being a woman is effortless. We just are. It can't be bought. We don't require pounds of makeup, sex me pumps all day, everyday, exaggerated gestures, or even hair at all! Can you produce breast milk? Produce the necessary secretions for your man and your baby? Can you? Can you wear sandals? Real men are disgusted by you. Your ONLY option ? Another Gay Man!!! You fake men are no better! What are you going to do? Generate enough heat to start a fire by rubbing your vaginas together? Or offer a cold and lifeless piece of plastic? GET REAL. There' s nothing like THE REAL THING. It's warm and literally full of life! Without it none of us would be here. Give Greek a rest, please, with your terminology! What you are expressing is a deeply-rooted need for attention, jealousy, desperation and perhaps a genetic defect. Now, you're asking society to join you in this! I would be fine with my tax dollars supporting public restrooms specifically for you all. Stop attempting to force your distorted perception of what you think you appear to be on us. You are NOT CONVINCING. This is why we are having this conversation. No matter how much self- mutilation or stereotypical behavior you exhibit, you are not fooling anyone but yourselves . STAY OUT OF OUR RESTROOMS, DRESSING ROOMS, AND BEAUTY PAGEANTS, ETC. You make realistic people very uncomfortable. We are not confused. Anorexics and bulimics see fat when they look in the mirror. The rest of us see an emaciated human being in dire need of a medical intervention. You are experiencing a DELUSION that is producing HALLUCINATION. These are commonly known symptoms of MENTAL ILLNESS. I have no issue with honest and straightforward homosexuality. My problem is with laws telling me what I should and should not perceive. My perception is accurate and based on fact. You will NEVER know what it feels like to be in the body of what you desire to be. You THINK you know. Please contemplate the definition of the word NEVER. Non-whites could never be perceived as being white. Why? It's Genetically Impossible and Socially Unacceptable. There are specific laws that define what Caucasian is solely based on what? DNA

• Of course they should.

The we segregate bathrooms by gender for a reason. It is the same reason that we segregate locker rooms and fitting rooms, genitals. It has nothing to do with who you are but with what you are end of conversation and I am sick and tired of all these drag queens who think the world owes them a favor because they want to make a scene and where a dress. You are a man if you have a penis and a woman if you have a vagina.

• They should be able to.

It is so fair and so very right to let them because it is America and this is the kind of thing on which our country was founded, well, not really, but in recent times, it is important to be equal. They are people too. Bathrooms are a human right.

• You need to understand the reality of Transgender.

A transgender person must be accepted as the gender they choose to identify as. What is more important that whose genitals are in your restroom is whose EYES are in your restroom. A transgender woman, even though she may still carry male plumbing, is seeing the world through male EYES. And she is wearing a dress. Do you want her to wear her dress in your men's restroom? Do you think she is going to be safe there?

• Its not right to have a Transgender Toilet. What has happened to Equality and Diversity in the UK

A transgender person I believe doesn't feel they were born in the right body. A trans-man, believes he should have been born a woman, hence why he would go through the courageous process of having a sex change..The change procedure therefore makes the trans-man a woman and therefore should be have the right to access the woman's bathroom.

In the not fair and does not promote equality when the person is treated as person without a sexual identity!!. A freedom to have a sex change= A freedom to Access facilities of current sex identity!

• Genitals and Gender Identity Are Not Necessary To Use a Bathroom

While some argue that it's an issue of biology and genitallia, people fail to realize the fact that, in the end, a bathroom is a bathroom. While it's incredibly possible that there are some people who may abuse their preferred bathrooms for the sake of doing obcenities, it is still a thing happening in diversed bathrooms. The issue isn't the preventing people from expressing their genders from what can happen, but instead solving issues that have been happening. More should be done to prevent anything harmful happening innocent people. Don't prevent gender identity, prevent rapes and missuse.

• NO they should not!

A person should be able to use the bathroom they are most comfortable in. If necessary, also have a family bathroom which anyone can use when it is available. Circumstances can vary and establishments should make provisions to offer their patrons facilities which are safe and convenient for everyone. Boo to anyone who thinks otherwise.

• Interesting question, but I think they should be able to use whichever one they want.

Transgenders are in a tough spot in society today. People just don't accept them yet. One aspect that is controversial is the bathroom thing. I personally think they should be able to use whichever bathroom they identify with the most. If they think of themselves as male, then they should use the men's bathroom.

• This has to stop

The unease that transgender individuals will cause being in a particular bathroom is absurdly overstated. For starters, keep your eyes on your own paper and in almost all cases you're going to have absolutely no idea that somebody else in the bathroom is transgender. Add on to that the fact that the way they're born doesn't make them subhuman so telling them that how they identify doesn't matter to you is ridiculously bigoted.

• No, they should use the bathroom they associate their gender with.

People who are transgender should choose the bathroom that they associate their gender with rather than which bathroom someone assigns them to use. This recently has been a major issue for individuals who are transgender for years, as other people feel the need, as well as the right, to tell someone what sex they are.

• No, they should use whichever bathroom they feel comfortable using.

Transgender people should use whichever bathroom they feel comfortable using. Any person has the right to go to the bathroom without feeling threatened, and I can understand how a transgender person might feel threatened using the bathroom of the sex of which s/he is oppositely portraying. People who don't like a transgender using "their" bathroom can wait until the person leaves if they don't like it, or they can hold it.