Should transgender individuals be forced to use a particular bathroom?

• Yes they should

I think they should because they were born with what they have and they need to accept it cant change it now. If they chose the opposite gender than they naturally born with they might get made fun of or worse. So that is why they should be forced to use a particular bathroom.

• Not an issue of rights, but more of fighting for special privileges that aren't deserved.

There's nothing special about transgenders that warrants the allowance of bathroom selection. If they are born male, use the men's restroom. If born a women, use the women's room. Don't like the idea? I say use your own bathroom. There's a big difference between a right and a special privilege. This is clearly the latter. Not to mention, this is a law that can be easily abused by sexual predators.

• Traditional family values still rule the roost.

Imagine an adult female exiting a bathroom stall, and running into a full grown male standing in the women's bathroom with his penis exposed. Will she be raped? Is it a transgender with special rights? Who knows! But this is what a new California law wants to expose are school age children too. Not to mention transgender lockers, sports teams and the likes.
    The many times that I have accompanied my children to a public restroom this has never been a concern. Men went into the men's restroom, women went into the women's. I abhore the thought of my 9 year daughter using the restroom (at her school of all places) and a boy enter the facility. This should not have to be a concern for the 99.99% of the parents who are certain of the gender of their child. This is such a common sense issue. We as parents live to protect the innocence of our children. Not to expose them to the LGBT agenda which works in direct contrast to traditional family values. Think of the innocence of our children first.

• It's simple biology!

Going to the bathroom is a biological function and should there for be governed by a persons biological sex not what gender they want to be!

The other persons in the public that also use these facilities have the right to privacy, to not be exposed to the opposite sex while using said facility, why should everyone's rights be trampled on for a person with a psychological disorder (gender identity disorder/dysphoria)?

• Yes and No, but mostly yes.

I'm all for offering a co-ed alternative in addition to single sex bathrooms—and if that's the solution, it should be done everywhere—But I think it should be optional; No one should be forced to use it. There are just SO many red flags when it comes to putting genders together in the same restroom, and I think to ignore those is to completely throw caution to the wind.

• Use What You're Dressed For

I prefer the simplest answer for transgender people using public bathrooms. If the transgender person is dressed more as male then they should only use men's restrooms. If the transgender individual is dressed more as a woman, then they should use the women's restrooms. I don't think this is something should make a bug deal out of, just something for common sense.

• As a trans boy: YES.

I am a 12 year old trans boy. I am currently forced to use the girls' bathroom at school. It sounds weird, but it would be so much more comfortable to be able to use the bathroom that I choose. Everyone uses the bathroom to do the same thing: do their business and leave. Everyone else feels comfortable in the rest room, so why am I not allowed to feel the same?

• Lots of red flags

If you have a penis, regardless of what you look like on the outside, then you need to use the men's room. If you have a vagina, regardless of what you look like on the outside, then you need to use the women's room. I have zero issues with transgender people - it's their life, not mine and it doesn't affect me, so dress and act however you want as long as it's not hurting anyone. But as a woman, I have a right to a penis-free bathroom. How many pervs will abuse this rule and go into the ladies' room to sexually assault someone or to get off seeing women in there? There are too many red flags. If you don't feel comfortable using the bathroom that matches your genitals, then use a family bathroom or single occupancy bathroom. Problem solved for everyone.

• So Many Red Flags...

I think that if you have a penis, regardless of what you look like on the outside then you should have to use the men's room. If you have a vagina, regardless of what you look like on the outside then you should have to use the ladies room. I don't understand transgender people, but I don't have a problem with their lifestyle. It doesn't affect me, so why should I make decisions about theirs? Where it gets sticky for me is in the bathroom. As a woman, I have the right to a penis-free bathroom. How many pervs will go into the women's room pretending to be trans just to sexually assault me or get off on seeing other women in there? If transgender people don't feel comfortable going into the bathroom that matches their genitals then use a family or single occupancy bathroom. Problem solved.

• Unless they have had a sex change operation

If you have had gender reassignment surgery, then by all means use the ladies room. If not, then don't. But if it's one of those single-person bathrooms that have gender signs like at gas stations, and nobody is waiting, i think anyone of any gender or sex should just go for it.

• Genitals do not dictate a person's gender.

It's ridiculous that people are still debating this, people should be able to use the bathroom that they feel comfortable using. Using the bathroom of their biologically assigned gender can trigger dysphoria in many transgender people. Even gender neutral bathrooms are better, there should be a lot more of those in the world.

• Let them choose.

Who are we to decide these things for them?
    I had an uncle who is now my aunt and I have never been more proud of her.
    If they can give her the opportunity to change her entire gender, I'm sure she is mature enough to be able to choose to use the female bathroom.
    I can not even believe there is a debate about this!
    Just like ever, have a bathroom for males, females and the disabled patrons that use it.
    Transgender people are humans too and a lot of people tend to forget that, which is inhumane and rude. They deserve to be acknowledged for the strength and courage they show when going public with their new look and people like us should be happy for them.
    People who have the nerve to say that they can't feel the emotion a real "man" or "woman" would feel, go to hell. They have more emotions than anyone else because they want to be accepted for who they REALLY are, they can love, they're capable of providing love and they also need to know that they will always have a place in this Earth, and for gods sake, they can use the same bloody bathrooms as anyone else.
    Anyone who is completely against someone of a transgender nature using their bathrooms, shut up, go home and use yours.
    They are PUBLIC toilets for a reason. ANY member of the PUBLIC can use them.

• You need to understand the reality of Transgender.

A transgender person must be accepted as the gender they choose to identify as. What is more important that whose genitals are in your restroom is whose EYES are in your restroom. A transgender woman, even though she may still carry male plumbing, is seeing the world through male EYES. And she is wearing a dress. Do you want her to wear her dress in your men's restroom? Do you think she is going to be safe there?

• Its not right to have a Transgender Toilet. What has happened to Equality and Diversity in the UK

A transgender person I believe doesn't feel they were born in the right body. A trans-man, believes he should have been born a woman, hence why he would go through the courageous process of having a sex change..The change procedure therefore makes the trans-man a woman and therefore should be have the right to access the woman's bathroom.

In the not fair and does not promote equality when the person is treated as person without a sexual identity!!. A freedom to have a sex change= A freedom to Access facilities of current sex identity!

• Genitals and Gender Identity Are Not Necessary To Use a Bathroom

While some argue that it's an issue of biology and genitallia, people fail to realize the fact that, in the end, a bathroom is a bathroom. While it's incredibly possible that there are some people who may abuse their preferred bathrooms for the sake of doing obcenities, it is still a thing happening in diversed bathrooms. The issue isn't the preventing people from expressing their genders from what can happen, but instead solving issues that have been happening. More should be done to prevent anything harmful happening innocent people. Don't prevent gender identity, prevent rapes and missuse.

• NO they should not!

A person should be able to use the bathroom they are most comfortable in. If necessary, also have a family bathroom which anyone can use when it is available. Circumstances can vary and establishments should make provisions to offer their patrons facilities which are safe and convenient for everyone. Boo to anyone who thinks otherwise.

• Interesting question, but I think they should be able to use whichever one they want.

Transgenders are in a tough spot in society today. People just don't accept them yet. One aspect that is controversial is the bathroom thing. I personally think they should be able to use whichever bathroom they identify with the most. If they think of themselves as male, then they should use the men's bathroom.

• This has to stop

The unease that transgender individuals will cause being in a particular bathroom is absurdly overstated. For starters, keep your eyes on your own paper and in almost all cases you're going to have absolutely no idea that somebody else in the bathroom is transgender. Add on to that the fact that the way they're born doesn't make them subhuman so telling them that how they identify doesn't matter to you is ridiculously bigoted.

• No, they should use the bathroom they associate their gender with.

People who are transgender should choose the bathroom that they associate their gender with rather than which bathroom someone assigns them to use. This recently has been a major issue for individuals who are transgender for years, as other people feel the need, as well as the right, to tell someone what sex they are.