• It's scientifically proven...

That transgenders are born that way and they are NOT doing it by choice, nor are they crazy. You people make me sick. Transgenders probably have the hardest lifestyle I can imagine, and people like you people are making it 1000x worse. They get abused, rejected, most of them can't have legitimate sex, they can't have children, they actually HATE their bodies unlike the little teenage girls who say so, it's so much harder to find the love of their life who will accept them, transition and therapy is extremely expensive and on top of that they've got idiots like this who think they're wrong.

• YES they have the right

People have the right to be who they are or at least who they feel they are. People that want to change gender should be allowed to change, because from what I have heard trans gender people say is that they have the spirit of a man or women but they are "trapped" in that opposite genders body. What type of person are you if you are trying to stop someone from being who they are or who they feel like they were meant to be

• Pursuit of Happiness

Having sex is an activity that I regard as a pursuit of happiness. I wish to share my love with a special someone and I expect to not have to worry about that person being born with a penis. In my mind if you are born with a penis you are a man.

• Transgender surgery should really be decriminalised

It must be first regconised that one has right to do something if his action does not harm other people. For example, if a person is rich, he can buy a luxury car or live in a beautiful house ,and of course, this purchasing is totally legal because it is harmless to others. Hence, if one does not feel satisfied about the body or believe that the body does not belong to him or her, he or she can spend money having a transgender surgery. This decision will satisfy one's need and does no harm to others.
    Moreover, this action can also create a number of jobs, partly stimulating the economy growth!

• Obviously it has good effects

Transgender surgery should be legal because it obviously has good effects. Some postive effects are that the money spent towards the surgery stimulates the economy, and it also creates jobs that other-wise were not there. And by having more jobs than more people are bu default stimulating the economy. So we do infact need it to be legal.

• We do not have the right to regulate other people's bodies

Nobody has the right to regulate someone else's body. The right to bodily autonomy is one of the most important rights a person has, and the right to change your sex falls under that. You have no right to regulate any one else's body, and the government most certainly does not have the right to regulate its people's bodies.

• Not Comfortable? Change

If any human has a sex preference and isn't omfortable with himself/herself, why should the law prevent them from changing? What horrible, unethical and dangerous act will come from trasgender surgery? If a person wants to change, no constitution, law, person or government can refuse him or her of their right

• Put yourself in their position

If you were a transgender would you like that someone out there is not letting you do what you want to do to fit your lifestyle? Obviously not. Nobody stops celebrities from having surgery on their face or body, so why should you stop transgenders? If it's what makes them happy who are you to deprive them of that happiness.

• Gender dysphoria blues

I am a gender dysphoric but it is not strong enough for me to need to have surgery. However I know how strong and painful this condition can be and some of these people would rather commit suicide than be allowed to live another day in the wrong body. If science improves their lives then I say of course! Its your life

• Once again, mixing up your terminology here

TRANSEXUAL surgery should of course be legal. I've seen so many flawed debates onthis website because people think the terms, "sex" and "gender" are interchangeable, when in fact they are not. There is no such thing as transgender surgery. Gender is not something that can be changed through surgery of any kind. The majority of those who feel uncomfortable in their own body may have a desire to change and this may or may not have to do with gender expectations placed upon them. While some Transgender people do eventually seek sexual reassignment surgery (SRS), Most are content with their sex, just not their gender. Any person who brings up a debate over sex and gender should know the difference first. Yes, SRS should definetly be legal. Sexual Identity makes us who we are. You can't deny a person their identity whether it manifests itself internally or externally.

• Transgender surgery--is it morally correct or not?

I am against transgenders in general because it just isn't right. I believe in gay marriage, but transgender surgery is going a step way too far. At that point, just be gay. No one would be ashamed of you, you're just making your own decision. You should be happy with whatever gender you were born as.

• As much as I love freedom..

And as much as I love liberty there are sertain things that we can't change and we shouldn't be allowed to change.. YOUR GENDER?..It was given to you, deal with it..MILLIONS of people in the past did, I'm sure you can. You were born a man or a woman for a reason and artificially changing that doesn't really makes you of the opposite gender..Its just appearance.

• Nope, just more nonsense!

Unless you are born with both sex organs, then the answer is NO!

Just sick messed up in the heads folks think this is necessary.

Part of the same sick group that is trying to shove gay marriage and gay sex down the majority of normal heterosexual folks throats.

We will beat you sick pukes!

• You can't choose your gender any more than you can choose your species

Seriously...Things are getting ridiculously out of hand. People who insist they were "born the wrong gender" need to grow the hell up and realize that maybe the problem isn't with their gender, it's with their psyche, and they need serious amounts of therapy and treatment to get over their stupid crap, and be the way nature intended.

• It destroys our natural world and values

A persons gender is decided from the beginning, at conception. The genetics determine the gender, nothing that surgery or hormone therapy can change. Doing so only masks them and is a cosmetic application. You are what you are born, skin colour, gender and race are aspects without choice, you don't get a say. You cannot change it, and all it does is cause psychological damage and physical damage.

• Wolves in sheep's clothing

A persons gender is decided from the beginning, at conception. The genetics determine the gender, nothing that surgery or hormone therapy can change. Doing so only masks them and is a cosmetic application. You are what you are born, Skin colour, gender and race are aspects without choice, you don't get a say. You cannot change it, and all it does is cause psychological damage and physical damage.

• No it should not.

People are brought into this world with a certain sex, you should love it and embrace it not change the way God made you. Changing your appearance makes others think that is OK but its not, it absolutely disgusting; it should be prohibited. Don't change the way you look don't; change your sex.

• No it should not be

Should I be allowed to go out into public and self mutilate myself, say cut off my penis, without being arrested and transported to a psychiatric facility? The obvious answer to this is NO, I should not be allowed to, and am not allowed to. If you have a mutilated penis, you go about your life in public and should be placed in a mental facility.

• No it should NOT be legal.

This is outrageous, I'm not biased against gays or transgender, but such surgery should be illegal, people will abuse them and it's not FAIR or RIGHT to trick another male into thinking you're woman when you in fact are born male, the thought of even people thinking it's remotely right makes me question humanity. It's not a right nor should it be a privilege. I am not gay and I would like to think my spouse or partner is in fact a WOMAN.

• You Were Born That Way

The last thing the world needs is more people who are just lying to themselves. Sex reassignment surgery doesn't actually change anything, really. Sure, they rearrange a few parts and hack off others, turn things inside-out...But you will always have what you were born with. I honestly the don't see the point of making it legal, because people will find ways to do it anyway. Kind of like the whole drug deal.