• It's their fault.

If they acted as if they were the gender they were born as, nobody would know so nobody could harass them.
    For instance, transvestites. If a person who was born male yet identifies as female puts on woman's clothing, some people may be able to tell and harass them. If they only wore male clothing in public, nobody would suspect it so no harassment.

Here is a question. How does someone who is born one sex know how the opposite sex identifies themselves? After all, they have no experience being the opposite sex so they would have nothing as reference.
    Here is another. Why would the feel more comfortable dressed as something besides their physical gender? First off, people who design cloths make allowances for gender. For instance, men's pants have a bit more room in the crotch for obvious reasons and women's clothing is designed for their figure. Clearly a person would feel more physical comfort wearing clothing designed for their physical gender. Secondly, clothing is not natural. It is an artificial layer mankind has developed. Had changes in past clothing mean that men wear dresses and women pants, would men who identify as women want to wear pants? Of course they would. That is because society would view it proper for women to wear pants. See, this is the real crazy part. If they are going with what society views as appropriate to their gender then wearing something that is opposite your gender is contradictory. If the way society view you is important, then you should wear the clothing that society says you should wear. That being the ones that match your physical gender. If the way society view you is not important, then why is wearing clothing that society has give a gender important?
    Look, if you do things to mark yourself as transgender, then you have invited society to judge you on those things you do. Is there some unspoken rule that states you have to those things in public or could you just keep that side of your life private?
    Look, society has rules. If you break a rule of society, you can expect others to judge you harshly by those who feel the rules are important. Sure, a few who don't care about certain rules so you won't be harshly judged by them, but if you break a rule in public, your basically asking all those who witness your actions to judge you.

• I absolutely despise transgenders.

I had a friend that turned transgender, he (now a she?) totally changed. He looked absolutely terrible, kind of like catilyn Genner. I am sorry but just because you make the arguemnt "If I were transgender, would I want to be harassed like this?" Sorry but this only applies to things you are born with, not choices you make

• What ind of human beings would we be if we did?

Let me tell you something: I am no fan or supporter of transgenderism. In fact I think it is wrong. But that does not mean that I believe they should be treated as second class citizens. They are still human beings. Put yourself in their shoes: "If I were transgender, would I want to be harassed like this?" I'm pretty sure the answer is not. So why do you insist on treating transgenders that way when you would not want to be treated that way yourself. Treat others the way you want to be treated, respect others and they will respect you!

• The only supportive reason for transgenderism to be harassed lies in how we define mental illness.

Mental illness has and will remain a dynamic trundle; people will continue to redefine what is considered an 'abnormality of the mind,' as made clear through movements such as Gay Rights. Seeing as we as a society fail to clearly and universally define what is right and wrong, we cannot define right and wrong for others. This is perhaps the only universally agreed upon fact about our society. The harassment of transgender people would therefore be forcing a truth that is unsubstantiated. Unless there is an undeniable truth that transgenderism is wrong, then there is no possible way an individual can justify the harassment of a transgender person.

• No, they're people too

I'm a conservative supporting Trump for President and I honestly don't support the LGBT community. I can stand them and I don't mind them as individuals but I think marriage is strictly between a man and a woman. I also believe God assigned you to a gender at birth and you are meant to remain that gender through your entire life. I don't support transgenders, but they are still human beings with 23 pairs of chromosomes just like the rest of us. They were put on this planet for a reason whether we like it or not and I don't think they deserve to go through harassment just because of their gender identity.

• No, there's no good reason.

No one should be harassed for their personal choices if they're not harming anyone else in any way or forcing their beliefs onto someone, or anything of that nature. Criticism is to be expected and there's no trouble with that but certainly no harassment just on the basis of being transgender.

• They are people

Just because a person is different than you from the waist down does not justify the harassment of that person. If someone decides that they do not feel comfortable the way they were born, they have the choice to change. Harassing them for doing so is harassing them for practicing their freedom and being themselves. It would be the same as harassing somebody for changing their shoes in the middle of a basketball game.

• There is no need to "Harass" anybody

I am strongly against Transgenders because I believe Gender Dysphoria is a mental condition that should be treated as such. However, there is no justifiable grounds to "harass" someone strictly because you do not agree with their lifestyle. I do not know the connotation in which the word "Harassed" is being used in this poll but nevertheless no person should be harassed for doing something that they believe in. (Granted nobody else is getting hurt as a result) I want to reiterate that I am strongly against the transgender movement for many reasons. However in my opinion, it is not right to "Harass" those which we do not agree.

• It doesn't matter because its going to happen anyways.

Transgender people have to be open to harassment if they're going to be transgender. It's unatural and wierd in others perspectives. Harassment will happen, does that mean its right? No. But seriously, what about bathrooms/change rooms and transgender people. Would you seriously feel comfortable knowing that the person next to you in the girls bathroom use to be a guy? No, people have every right to be a little unsettled by transgender because it is wierd and unatural.

• Before you develop an opinion on something, you should know what you're talking about.

The amount of ignorance I'm seeing here is more than depressing. 'Transgender' is not a behavior. Does anyone here even know how to use Google or how to identify a reliable source?

'Transgender' is a state of being. You are transgender whether you're in or out of the closet. Gender dysphoria is a painful condition. There is no medication or therapy that can change someone's gender identity. Transitioning to your identified gender actually does work; the suffering that ensues is caused by other people being awful to you. If someone punched you in the face every time you ate a piece of broccoli, eating broccoli would not be the cause of your suffering.

Look, people. Try informing yourselves for a change. https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2015/02/150213112317.htm

If the link is too scary to click on, here's a teensy weensy snippet that even the most averse to learning can handle:

"The researchers conducted a literature search and reviewed articles that showed positive biologic bases for gender identity. These included disorders of sexual development, such as penile agenesis, neuroanatomical differences, such as grey and white matter studies, and steroid hormone genetics, such as genes associated with sex hormone receptors. They conclude that current data suggests a biological etiology for transgender identity."

If you STILL don't understand, that there text above this here text says that there is strong evidence for a biological origin of gender identity.

If what I just typed is too hard to understand, it means that that them transgenders was prolly, like, born that way, ya'know?

Why does anyone even think that being transgender is a moral issue? Can anyone enlighten me?