Should Turkey be offended by the labeling of the massacre of Armenians during World War I as genocide?

• Turkey should not be offended by the labeling of the massacre of Armenians as genocide because it was a genocide.

Turkey's possibility of feeling offense at the labeling of the massacre of Armenians as genocide is no pain compared to what the Armenians endured during the genocide. Though the Armenian genocide was carried out by different Turkish people who live today, Turkey as a country must skill acknowledge what happened in its history rather than becoming offended at the label.

• No, Turkey should not be offended by the word genocide.

I believe Turkey should focus on more important matters than the fact that the Germans are attempting to make themselves look better by sharing the term genocide with Turkey relative to their massacre of Armenians. It is just a word and it something that is over and done with in my opinion.

• What else was it?

It was genocide, pure and simple. What else should it be called? I am sure the Armenians were probably offended when they were being killed. Just because sensibilities may be delicate does not mean you should not call it what it was , and that is the who sale slaughter of people

• No, because it fits the definition of genocide.

During World War I, the massacre of Armenians was based upon their ethnicity, which is the definition of genocide. While it is understandable that citizens of Turkey are uncomfortable with the label, their discomfort does not change the fact that it happened. Just as citizens of Germany have accepted the genocide executed by their state, so should the people of Turkey.