• Yes some turtles should be kept as pets

Ok so when I was in kindergarten we went to a rescue center there were wild animals everywhere. But to be honest they were not very well kept for example there was a tortoise he was very big but he was kept in a tiny dog crate where he could hardly move anywhere. We actually ended up getting that very tortoise we named him Optimus Prime (my little 3year old brother did anyways) because he was so big. We built him a box type thing out of wood the box was huge. We put sand at the bottom and put pretty big rocks at the bottom plus we put a heat lamp so he could sit under it like it was the sun we did all this because he was a desert tortoise. He lived till the middle of my 4th grade year and let me tell you it was not because we weren’t properly taking care of him. Every summer we let him outside so graze and eat the grass we would make him “salads” we would put down a pile of lettuce, tomatoes, strawberries, (his favorite) dandelions, and other fresh ingredients. He loved it all our neighbors thought at first that he just a statue because he would just sit there and bask in the sun. We absolutely loved this turtle. Now here is how he died on of our neighbors knew we let him graze and they also knew that their landlord put down mole poisoning but they didn’t tell us this little fact. So one day we let him graze by the next day he was going blind then he wouldn’t eat and after a few more days he died. He died way to early he could have lived for at least 100 years more and he was about 12 years old when he died. But you see he didn’t die from neglect or anything of that sort. So if you disagree with me the reply how you disagree.

• Turtles are often amazing pets

Ok, so I love turtles, I personally think they're really cute! But too many people think they are put in tiny tanks, handled all too much when they really shouldn't be handled at all, and don't receive proper veterinary care that they need. Turtles are really hot. I would take one to prom if they could say yes. They can't talk, only negative

• Turtles are often neglected pets

Ok, so I love turtles, I personally think they're really cute! But too many are put in tiny tanks, handled all too much when they really shouldn't be handled at all, and don't receive proper vetanary care that they need, leading to their shells rotting and stressful environments along with the suffering they have to go through. I personally don't believe they should be pets because so many people buy them thinking they won't be so hard to care for, but they are quite high matinance animals and they need large areas to live on. Some tortoises get pretty big, and by the time they're adults they'll need a pretty large area to move and roam around in, but lots of people decide not to provide this kind of space becasue they either don't have the money to contain the animal, or they're too lazy and/or irresponsible to do so. Again, I love turtles, but I would prefer to watch and admire them in the wild instead of watching one suffer in a small tank in captivity.