Should U.S. intelligence agencies be allowed to spy on Americans' finances?

• No, U.S. Agencies should not be allowed to spy on American's finances

But you are very naive to think they aren't already. Much of our banking information is already given to banking regulators, the IRS, the Treasury Department and others. And most without a subpoena or court order. It is all given over to the agencies byway of regulation and clandestine electronic intrusion.

• In day today matters, no.

While monitoring the activities of certain elements (people of interest, item purchases, et cetera) is a given, the universal monitoring of all finances, transactions and so on of the American people if just another ridiculous overhead cost that the people will have to pay for. If I wanted to pay someone to monitor my money and make disappointed noises, I would have a broker.

On the question of security, this would be another step towards becoming a police state. Too many liberties and privacies are being handed over under the government issued blanket of fear that terrorist may be operating.

• In day to day matters, no.

• No, U.S. agencies should not be allowed to spy on American's finances

Bullish says2013-05-12T20:49:33.247
The sad part is, if they did, there's know way you'll know and no way you can stop them.