• Its getting old

World war two ended 72 years ago that is along time and we do not need to keep having that threat in there nation. We are also ruining relations with japan they do not want us here and we do not need to be there to accomplish the goals of the united states

• Leave japan now

They have NO reason to stay here but making more and more troubles to locals , and it will lead the realtion between US and other Asia country , especially china , to be tense , japan should stand by their own , they can and they should stand by their own

• Tired of being here

I've been station in Japan almost two years I go to korea next and then i got the sad news i'd be stationed here again. Between the curfew from leadership and feeling a growning tension of not being wanted, I feel we need to leave Japan and Korea to themselves. Fall back to Gaum and the new Filipino bases coming (5 of them I believe). I've had great memories from being here but I honestly don't think i could do another tour in Japan. My morale when i came here was sky high now its in the sewers between leadership and washington not having the balls to call japan and its bullshit and not thinking of the troops that do the main brunt of the work morale is seeking faster than the titanic. I might miss the bigger picture but i see the smaller picture it has on the US troops that most of which do the right thing are good ambassadors its a few bad incidents that punish a mass group. I say to hell with asia let china, north korea and russian have what they want with it. Maybe then they'll all look back and say if only america had stayed here.

• Too Old Of a Rule

To old a policy for modern time
    WWII security agreement and Cold War security agreement are no longer needed in Japan.
    Japan needs has the third largest economy in the world fully capable of defending itself.
    Right now the US can send troops to Japan routinely without being questioned.
    Japanese citizens have no say
    This has also endangered our relationships with other asian countries e.g. China due to our ground troops in Japan we are fully committed to the defense of Japan. In current times there are territorial disputes over places like the Spratly Islands, due to our support of Japan we are eroding our relationship with other countries with those land claims.

• We can decide our own destiny

US does not have to protect Japan. If US leaves, we can decide by our own either Japan should own nuclear weapons and amend constitution to expand military offensive capacity or Japan will protect ourselves by self defence army and abolish nuclear power weapons and forge ties of China. US put pressures us to maintain nuclear power plants and US want to stay in Okinawa because of its geopolitical important location for the US rather than for Japan.

• Japan isn't weak

The US is acting like Japan can't defend itself and yes I believe that we should be allies because that benefits both our countries. Okinawa may not have a "military" that doesn't mean they don't have protection. Yes they do have a protective service or army like thing that is devoted to protecting Okinawa. So the base helps the world but, there has to be an island close to were we can still defend our self against North Korea. So it helps the world but what about the people who live here and it affects they're daily lives. We should move the base.Thank you

• It's Japan's land, not ours

We don't decide what to do with it, they do. Plus, the Okinawans living there have been rebelling for several decades and we can't ignore it. It's disrupting their daily lives. If anything we should move it to somewhere like Guam that is actually American land. (It's still in the same area so the only difference it would make is not disturbing Japan)

• Give Japan it's personal space, honestly.

Japan is a prosperous country. They are able to strive just fine. Sure, we must remain an ally of the country but by stationing military bases in Okinawa and parts of the mainland, we are not giving Japan it's space. And as if the island-country isn't small enough, we are taking too much space from them with the military bases. The other side may argue that "we need to protect Japan". And I agree, we should protect them. But we don't need to be "there" to protect them. We live in a world of technology. If Japan were to be attacked, say by China (though I highly doubt it), we'd be able to get there to assist in time. Plus, South Korea is right there as well, they can assist Japan as well, not that Japan will need it. Japan isn't a weak country, they can defend their self from an invader. Though they have no real offensive military, they have a darn good defence force.

• WWII is over.

U.S.'s bases in Japan are not for protecting the Japanese from Chinese or North Koreans. The bases are a distant memory from 50 years ago when the world was a very different place. These days the bases are of strategic value because of the close proximity to China and North Korea. The bases employ less and less local Japanese. The bases should go and the money should be spent somewhere it is needed more. But because of the strategic value of the global location, I think our government will not let go of the leases.

• Time To Go

I feel the U.S. servicemen have carried the burden of protecting Japan if she is attacked for to long. Time for Japan to face reality and no longer look the other way. The U.S. military needs to 100% completely leave Japan. Time to deal with the world or become reclusive.

• American troops should stay in Japan

Japan is surrounded by some extremely threatening neighbors, North Korea and China. These two nations have taken many military like strategic reconnaissance towards attacking Japan. From the Senkuku islands to the ballistic rocket tests just a few weeks ago, the US should stay in Japan, thank you for listening, Pierce Mansfield

• Think about it!

We need to keep our bases in order to help protect Asia. If we keep our bases, other countries will see us as helpful and want to be allies with us. It is imperative to have many countries as our allies rather than as our enemies. Say no for this reason!

• They are very strategic.

By having military bases in Japan, the US can help protect Japan (even if Japan doesn't need it) and at the same time benefit from the strategic location of the bases which allows the US to keep an eye of enemies such as North Korea. And let's face it, Japan isn't getting nuclear weapons in a long time. They just don't want them. So I'm sure they'd like all the help they can get.

• Keep global dominance.

They just need to straighten up their soldier and hand out harsher punishments for these the soldier's crimes. This base if crucial for the U.S. presence in Asia and I highly believe they should preserve it. Just work with the locals for the locals. Also make the troops do community service and projects that help the Okinawa community.

• Japan Needs Friends

We need to go over to Japan and make friends. They are apart of the american dream they made Nintendo and sushi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Say hi to Japan and give japan some love. Thanks Yall

P.S Please read with a very special Japanese accent , Love Anntonia Chung Yall Love You #Japenese

• Japan Needs Friends

• Japan is ally.

America must protect it's allies from possible threats. *cough* China *cough* Japan should be thankful for our protection. They are already in debt to America for World War 2. Japan also give great culture and food to America. Nintendo, SUSHI!! This is my opinion and my political view on America.

• Japan is ally.

• Trust and stragegy are dual needs here.

Note that Japan has some very nationalistic sentiments that have made its way into their Parliament recently. They want to turn Japan's military from its self defense role into another Imperial army. The US bases there are a remnant of our post WWII occupation of the nation, and probably the only thing keeping their ambitions in check. After all these years, I don't think we can trust Japan yet.

• Heck No! We have to stay!

Japan is one of America's closest allies globally. Toyota, Honda, Mazda are huge in the US. Japan is the third largest economy globally. Asia is only a stable region because of US military presence. If there was a chance that Japan could be nuked by North Korea, no one would invest there. So good bye Toyota, Honda, Mazda, Panasonic, etc. Also, the Japanese people want us there. Look at the Philippines. They asked us to leave, and 2 years after doing so, China took one of their islands. The bases are good for the security for Japan, a bit of insurance for the economy of Japan, and it helps strengthen the very close US-Japan alliance.