• Of Course! They should be supported!

If metal detectors can save lives then they should install it. It doesn’t matter if kids can around it, if it can save even just a few live then they should install it. The arguments on the other side are that metal detectors don’t work. Well, if they do stop school shootings, then they should be installed even if its not effective.

• Yes They Should

This would greatly help to protect kids from school shootings. They would cost a lot of money and already schools are underpaid, but this would increase the number of lives saved. But we would also have to think about what the guy did at the most recent Florida shooting. He pulled the fire alarm and waited for them to come to him outside. This is a wrong thing do not get me wrong, I am in so much anguish. But what this man did was brilliant, no one really questions when the fire alarm goes off. They all have to get outside fast. So finally, yes I still think we should but we should also implement other things within the system to help prevent these murders of innocent lives.

• Of Course! They should be supported!

• My school has them

No one in my school has brought in any weapons because not only do we have metal detectors and security, but we are also required to have a guard search our bags before entering the school. It's not an invasive search because the guards aren't judging you for having tampons in your bag. They see tampons everyday, it's a necessity, and they are just making sure you don't have anything that could hurt someone.

• Kids are crafty

I know from experience that some kids are crafty and would get around metal detectors if they really wanted to, you would need a police officer watching at all times and that would be a hassle. I think the way that schools could become safer is by having police officers at every school.

• Won't do much

Metal detectors in schools wouldn't do much to stop a school shooter. If there is a person that is dead set on killing people in a mass shooting, he won't care if a metal detector goes off, he'll just move faster. Also, in the recent Florida shooting, the person who shot the school up wasn't a current student, he was a former student, meaning that you may hear a metal detector alarm go off, but that would be followed very closely by shots, so the metal detectors wouldn't do hardly anything, and they would just take more money from the already low budgets of schools. (I'm not opposed to more security guards though)

• Not nessicary kids just need to speak

Not only the cost of them is bad but not nesscisary if kids just spoke up about how there friends are feeling like killing someone tell somebody and the kids would not want to go to school if everyday being searched with medal detectors and it would take a lot take a lot of time and end up missing a lot of class and half the time the zippers are made of metal so when you put it down it’s going take forever because the metal is just going to be like animals just gonna keep going off because of the zippers is going to end up going take an hour just for like one grade and it’s going to end up kids are going to miss class and then they don’t have any recess in the mornings this ends up getting kids to not want to be there at all and none of those schools have the money to get any of these so if this was to happen it would take a long time for just a single school to To get enough money just to get these things that will need because of how expensive the metal detectors are is a lot and you’re going to need at least 50 of them to get through my Square has 450 kids do you need at least 50 of them to get kids out and ready to go in time so they’re not late to school that is why I think we should not have metal detectors kids should just speak up about if their friends are talking about it or not I get it and everyone thinks they should but it is not necessary