• Do any of you dorks actually have political awareness? This already happened!

I'm glad that most of you are in favor of the United Kingdom considering membership in the European Union. That's great, really. And I agree with you as well. So did the United Kingdom, apparently, which joined the EU back in 1973. Next time, try looking up some basic facts before making a debate comment.

• UK Membership should be considered big time in the EU

UK Membership should be considered big time in the EU. UK would be a powerful ally and if added to the EU. It would enhance the EU economy and make it much stronger than it currently is. Adding UK to the European Union would bring many new jobs, a stronger economy, and a better system that could benefit everyone in the end.

• Yes It Should

I believe UK membership in the EU should be considered. I find it odd that they aren't in the EU. Scratch that, I just looked up and they are a member state. What's the point of this question? The United Kingdom has been involved with EU since 1973. That's a long time.

• Yes, UK membership should be considered by the EU.

The membership of the UK should definitely be considered by the EU. But I do not see it happening though. I think there isn't anything that the United Kingdom can gain from becoming a member of the European Union. That is why I do not see such a thing happening.

• No, I don't think UK membership in the EU should be considered.

The United Kingdom is a strong independent nation with it's own currency and own financial system, I don't think there is any reason for the United Kingdom to join the European Union and I think it would likely cause many years of problems assimilating into the European Union in many different ways.

• The UK should continue to act on their own

The UK has run itself independent of the EU successfully for centuries. Why fix it if it isn't broken? Unless it would benefit both governments, they should continue to operate independently. The EU has enough problems financially right now, I don't think it would be wise for the UK to take on that burden.

Zylorarchy says2014-05-11T13:47:01.737
The UK has been a member since 1973, with the passing of the European Communities Act 1972.