Should Ukraine become part of the EU (Yes) or Russia (No)?

Asked by: BurritoBoy69
  • Let them join!

Ukraine should be able to join the EU if they want. It's not up to other countries to force them to not be in the EU or not. It should be up to the people of Ukraine to decided the future of Ukraine either in the EU or stand by Russia.

• Let them join!

• I am a Russo-Ukrainian, and I believe that Ukraine should stop betraying herself.

Nadiya Savchenko is a disgrace. She wears the coat of arms of Rurik, despite Rurik being the leader of Rus (Russia). It is a bitter irony, as the Rurikovich were the first Tsars. They ruled Moskva over Kiev, and thus the Ukrainians are hypocrites. I was born in Ukraine, but I am glad to not love it. I have no patriotism for Ukraine, and I want to see my homeland of Novorossiya become a part of Rossiya!

• No because, they will become bankrupt, like the other countries, like Cyprus, Italy Ireland Spain Portugal, and Ukraine will be worst off,

Ukrainian people will think they'll find work all over Europe, and they will not, because there is no work for their own citizens,
    Don't get me wrong I love the Ukraine people, they are lovely people,
    The best thing the Ukrainian Government could do, is find huge manufactures, to encourage them to open factory plants, in Ukraine, in the like of VW, FORD, AUDI, SONY, SAMSUNG, These are just a few, BECAUSE, THE WHOLE World would benefit from the cheap labour cost, being built in the Ukraine, and so would the Ukraine people, get companies to invest into the Ukraine, if they do, Ukraine could boom in business alone, and still be independent, not having the E U telling them how to run their laws or fianncies, you watch Ukraine could bring down the euro, and the E U in General,'

• What is democracy?

If the ukrainian feel the urge to rejoined the russian federation let them. Is thats what democracy is. The people should make the choice not the politicians or the u.S or european union. The u.S is base on democracy and i believe that they should not interven e the crisis because the majority of the people don't want them to

• The majority of the Ukraine is Russian

They should rejoin Russia. The only reason they were able to gain independence was with the collapse of the USSR. The only reason Russia has not scooped them up is because our government is cramming democracy down their throats to the point of backing an illegitimate government that promises democracy. We've seen how this plays out in Iran, China, the Philippines, Cuba, etc.

• Russia Has Helped Them With Everything

Russia has given Ukraine aid and assist from day one, when the uprisings started the reason Russia invaded was to help Ukraine in the long run. Russia is not the wrong doer, they are just trying to help (I don't really believe any of this, this is really for a school thing where I have to argue this point at Russia's perspective and I have no clues on what to say)

RandyAllen says2016-04-12T09:23:56.557
I do not see a choice here. Well, it would be good for Ukraine to become a EU country, no doubt. But I do not think it's a good idea for current Europe to shoulder a new burden while it has own weight of problems and weaknesses (Greece, Italy, Portugal). I think Ukrainians should realize at last that freedoms, nations and partnerships are not made with pen and paper, but with common thinking and values. We cannot sponsor the bankrupt country, the country where advantage is achieved mostly through out-and-out corruption in business, politics and daily living. So I'm sure Europe should build relations with Ukraine only on the base of various trade agreements, cooperating were it benefits both.