Should Ukraine remain independent (yes) or should the country become part of Russia (no)?

• Um, of course!

Oh my goodness, Ukraine should stay its own country! I had the privilege of living in Ukraine for five months, and throughout that time I got to witness the beautiful culture that is present there. If Putin takes that away... I don't know what I'd do. The people I got to know there were some of the most beautiful, caring people that I have ever gotten the chance to meet. They were also the first generation to not be under oppression, and now Russia wants to take that away. It makes me sick.

• Um, of course!

• They should be independent.

I think it would be best if the Ukraine remained independent. There has been some discrimination against the ethnic Ukrainians by non ethnic Russians, and while the two cultures are very similar, there are still some differences. Also, from an economic standpoint they are likely better off being independent. They broke away from Russia for a reason.

• Yes, Ukraine should remain an independent country.

Yes, Ukraine should stay an autonomous country. The country does not have a desire to join with Russia, and the country's territorial integrity is a major factor in upholding international law. Russia should withdraw its troops and allow Ukraine to run its own internal affairs independently. Currently, Russia is no better than Saddam Hussein was in Iraq.

• Ukraine should remain independent.

Ukraine should remain independent. It has only been 22 years since the Soviet Union disintegrated and they are a relatively new country going through growing pains. They may not have much of a choice on whether or not to remain independent if the situation continues to escalate because Russia is mobilizing its forces.

• Ukraine remain independent (yes) or should the country become part of Russia (no)?

Ukraine should become part of Russia it will probably make their country stronger and allow them to grow even bigger with the modern times of today. It will also help the people and the money they need to function daily living there. So yes they should all become one it would be best for everyone involved.

• Ukraine. But what does it mean?

"Ukraine" in old-russian language (and in pre-modern also) means "borderland", because it was peripheral part of Russia. It never had own language, but ukrainian pseudo-language was invented artifically to split Russia into many small weak states hating each other. Pure name of the so called Ukraine is Malorussia ("small Russia" or "core Russia"). You can read about it in encyclopedias. USA propaganda will not tell you such things.

It should be OK if Ukraine gets back home, As a part of Russia.

• Russia Wants Ports

I believe the Ukraine should simply become part of Russia. Russia is not perfect, but like the United States, they are going to protect their interests. Ukraine is home to important ports that Russia has been utilizing and they want to continue to utilize them. I think it would be better to have the Ukraine join Russia.