• I believe there is a god

If there is no god how was the world created? Do u really think that evolution is how we all became to be? Really? If u don't believe in god then don't say the pledge, say the national anthem. I am a Mormon and i believe that there is a god. I want my kids to be able to say under god in the pledge.

• Sure, why not?

I don't have a problem with "under God" being in the pledge; but in fact my basis for my answer is that I don't see a reason for the pledge of allegiance in the first place. I'm an American, I'm glad to live here and everything, but the formal statement is kind of weird to me.

• I really don't care.

In my honest opinion, it doesn't matter. Tons of people disagree with a few things we repeat in the pledge. If you don't have faith in God, then don't repeat that line? I do not believe in God, nor do I entirely agree with the fact that "under God" is repeated, but we don't have to say that line in order to pledge allegiance to our country! It's a huge tradition and this pledge was created years ago. I'm sick of starting huge debates of the littlest things that we've never had a problem with. Just leave it be and vote for marijuana to be legalized. :)

• It's our history

I don't like seeing people fighting so hard to destroy something just because they don't agree with it, while I respect your beliefs and you may not agree with it, it is part of our history, and it disappoints me to see people so militantly fighting to get rid of this piece of history just because they don't agree with it; it kind of reminds me of that time the Taliban blew up those 3000 year old Buddha statues because they didn't agree with it. No matter how much you disagree with it, you can't change history.

• It is just too extreme

If we take out "under God" in the Pledge of Allegiance, why not rewrite "God Bless America", "God Bless the USA", "God of Our Fathers", "Eternal Father, Strong to Save" or so many other works. It is just way too extreme to take out "under God", when it has been in use for over 50 years and people have just simply gotten used to saying it.

• It promotes religion

Coming from a Christian, religion shouldn't be encouraged like that. It's just awkward... 90% of kids don't really say or care about the pledge now anyways. I don't entirely understand the purpose of it. Almost all Americans are proud to be here, saying it every day seems a little redundant.

• It promotes religion

• It promotes theism instead of religious freedom.

Allow me to quote the original Pledge:
    "I pledge allegiance to my Flag and the Republic for which it stands, one nation indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
    As you can see, there's no mention of a deity in the original pledge. It remains neutral in terms of religion, and allows more people to identify with it. We are indivisible as Americans, not as Christians. This is supposed to demonstrate national pride, not Christian pride.

Let's refer back to the current Pledge:
    "I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
    This pushes the idea that we're a Christian nation that follows Christian ideals. We were founded by Deists who intended for the Church and state to remain separate, and it should remain that way.

Including religion in the pledge of allegiance alienates Atheists, Agnostics, Buddhists, Hindus, etc. from the United States, so if we intend for us to maintain our stance on freedom of religion (and freedom FROM religion), "Under GOD" should be removed from the pledge.

Personally, I'm an Atheist, and I never stand during the pledge simply because of that on line. I mean no disrespect for this country when I do so, but the message I try to get across is that I'm a proud Atheist, so I refuse to recite a pledge that references a Deity I don't believe in.

• Separation of Church and State

This mentioning of God in the pledge of allegiance is a violation of the principle of separation of church and state, discriminates against non-monotheistic beliefs/religions, and in essence against the spirit of the United States of America. Even if this statement may appear "insignificant" it is important to realize that this part of the pledge of allegiance is an example of the power of region in American politics, a power that may prevent clear unbiased decisions from being made.

• Freedom of Religion.

Not everyone is a Christian. There are Jews, Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists, Confucianists, Sikhists, Pagans, Atheists, Agnostics and more in this country. And freedom of religion is a Constitutional right. America is based on the Constitution, not religious concepts. It may have once been based on religion, but America is no longer based on religion. We're not a theocracy, people!

• Has no place!

I pledge allegiance to this country! It seems that in order to pledge this allegiance one would have to also believe in a god, which is to require one to be a theist in order to pledge their allegiance to this country, which seems very counter-productive to what the constitution implies and states. One could also make the argument that if a person believed in more than one god that they should change it to plural "Gods", yet why should we feel the need to go this far? It should not have been put in there in the first place. It wasn't until 1954 that the phrase “under God” was added to the pledge. I feel the same way about any reference to god on our money. Religion has no place in government and government has no place in religion.

• Come on America.

It was not originally in the pledge. It was added by Eisenhower, so it is not disrespectful to any founding principles.

This nation cannot show partiality in religion. I know people will say. "it doesn't specify a cristian god!" Here are the following list of religion that the term under God does not cover.

Eternal timekeepers
    Atheists
    Agnostics
    Hindu or any polytheists
    Possibly Shinto (I don't know a lot about Shinto)
    Some deists
    Those who don't care whether god exists
    belief in spirits
    most Traditional African religions
    Those who keep Celtic beleifs
    Those who believe in Greco-Roman beliefs (yes they are still around)

So why should a nation with no supposed connection to religion (separation of church and state) use such a blatant symbol of theocracy? If someone says, well it is not really theocratic, two words don't matter very much. Well if they are offensive and they don't matter, than why do people care if we get rid of them?