• I think it should be

I think it should be, but the parents but allow it. The government cant control who can and cant have sex. If the parent and the child think that the child is ready to have sex then let the. The children of course know the consequences of having sex without protection. But sex should be legal to all ages. Parent controls when their children can have sex not the government. At least till the child turns 18.

• I thought it already is...

Well you can't prevent a teen from having sex with a law..That would be weird. It's the parents' role to do that not the government's. Moreover sex is not drugs to be illegalized. It's much more common and normal. I wish there was a law for 12year olds who open their legs so early but again it would be weird.

• There is heartbreak

Sex is giving part yourself to another human being. If someone underage takes part in sexual activity and then breakup with that person soon after... They will experience much more emotional scars then it would've if they had never participated in the activity. To me, you should be married before you partake in sexual activity... Because, allthough it is an unfortunate truth that many divorces happens, you shouldn't feel the pain of a breakup and the pain of knowing you gave your body away to someone who doesn't truly live you

• No, children should not have sex.

Though it would be impossible to truly enforce, the law should be in our books to prosecute when problems arise. Most people who have had sex before the age of eighteen regret it. The human brain is not fully developed until after the teenage years and between that and the flux of hormone levels, sex hardly ever occurs for the correct reasons. When we live in a country overruled by religion, and sexual education is not standard nor are lessons regarding protection against pregnancy and STDs, banning it outright actually is the answer. If children were free to engage in relations, where is the line drawn? May a fifty year old man copulate with an eleven year old girl? That sounds like rape to me, regardless of the child's consent.

• No, although the body is ready to have sex, the mind may not be

Though the body readies an adolescent for sex right around puberty, underage sex should not be legal. The phenomenon of sex entails various aspects (i.e. Emotional) that the mind of a minor may not be necessary ready for, although their body is. Sex should be a personal thing that requires mental health to be in great shape; minors are just developing mentally and may not be able to handle everything sex entails.