• It's a great idea.

Having uniforms not only reduces the horrifying array of extremely inappropriate clothing choices by teenagers, but provides a monetary benefit to parents. It is much cheaper to provide uniforms than an entire wardrobe.
    Uniforms also reduce bullying- the poorer students are no longer identifiable by what clothes they can't afford to wear, and students are not mocked for their choices.

• I think it should be used

I live in a country where uniforms are widely used in schools. I think it's fine. For one, it feels more like you're a uniformed body and you belong in a school together. Next, it decreases the chances of being judged in school. I believe that the individual student will feel more comfortable wearing the same thing as the other students as they know they can't be teased or judged based on their choice of clothing because everyone is wearing the same thing (obviously). And just saying, it also saves time off searching for something suitable to wear that is according to the dress code and that won't be teased and judged by other students.

• I think the argument against them makes no sense

People say that it will stop kids from expressing themselves but i think that that is ridiculous. Expressing yourself through clothes isn't what we should be teaching kids, whats inside matters. Uniforms are an equalizer and they do prevent some judgment on outward appearance, and allow kids to express themselves in more meaningful ways than throughout their clothing, because it makes it easier to judge them by ideas. Is it perfect? No kids will still be judged for other stuff but i think if you can no longer express your self at all just because you can't do it throughout clothes you probably need to reevaluate some things.

• Yes yes yes yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

There would be less bulling because of how stupid their outfit looks, and teens won't be able to wear these innapropriate outfits. Studies have shown that students with uniforms get more educated than without. Also it cuts down the time worrying what to wear for school the next day. .

• Kind of inbetween?

It would be a lot more convenient and would make students a lot more comfortable in their own skin. My three children who have grown up all around the world can all agree that they prefer uniform over no uniform. The main reason for this is because it prevents kids from judging each other based on fashion and status. The reason I feel torn is because they also agree that not having uniform allows them to wear cheeky t-shirts (like the ones from Hot Topic), but overall I think they just enjoy not having to pick out clothes to wear everyday.

• Yes, because schools have to realize that school is no joke! It should have a proper uniform and identity as a school.

Schools uniforms are way better than no school uniforms. Firstly, i surveyed people who go to public schools and they said they would rather have schools uniforms as it is easier for them as an individual. It is also very much easier for the school as this will lead them to have a proper identity and school is no joke! So go uniforms, all the way!

• I think they should still be used

In my country, uniforms are used for most. And I think it's fine. For one, it feels more like a uniformed body, like you're in a school together. Next, it decreases chances of being judged by other students. I believe that the individual student will feel more comfortable that they are dressed the same as the others as nobody can say anything against his/her choice of clothing as it's the same. And just saying, it saves time off searching for something suitable to wear where it's according to the dress code and where the student won't be judged or teased by the choice of clothing by other students.

• I think they should still be used

• For what purpose?

There's no real reason for uniforms. Most people will argue that it keeps other students from being bullied by certain students, but that's not entirely true. Children will always find something to nit pick at, whether it's your hair, your cloths, your interests, or just your existence. I's also a fact that students, and adults as well, like to express themselves through their clothing. So, in a sense, if you restricted someone to only wearing one specific uniform for the next few years of their lives is like restricting them from being themselves for the new few years of their lives.

• Curse you Dept. Of Education!

Society, or at least a few thick-headed education ministers, fail to realise that school is far from the real world. That moment from graduating, we are entirely on our own in the wide open. There is no one there yelling at us to complete homework or to hand in assignments. This major leap from a safe haven to rough realisation is where most students hit their downfall.

The point is, is that we need to prepare for the rest of our lives as soon as possible. Uniforms give a false concept that people can be controlled by making them think they are all the same. Can you imagine a uniformed world? Where everyday, the entire population would do the exact same activities and follow a strict timetable?

Our differences should be embraced. Creativity should be free flowing and a uniform is not a good start for this.

• Students should be able to go naked at school (if they want to).

The ultimate freedom is not in the clothes you put on, but in being able no to care about such issues.

Schools should focus on relevant themes not on ethical, civic or capitalist codes of conduct.

Society is not producing intelligent people but just clones, which only liberty is to choose what they consume (if they have enough remaining time after work).

• No, they shouldn't

In Australia, I'm pretty sure all schools have uniforms, and I can tell you, it sucks, I can't see any benefits from it. First persons opinion here!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I'm kind of just writing whatever now because we have to have stupid amout of words, ugh just let me post already. Finally.

• The school shouldn't be concerned with how children look, their parents should.

If the parents don't care about what their children are wearing, why should anyone else? The school's job is to teach a curriculum, not to parent or impose values. People of all walks of life pay taxes investing in the public school, and they should all be taught without having to change. Maybe not everyone agrees with their values, but as long as they're not illegal or harmful it's not a public facility's concern. All uniforms and dress codes do is distract from learning by sending students home or singling individuals out. For students that find themselves distracted by another's attire, they should be learning as soon as possible that another's appearance isn't an excuse to not be focused, they will have to deal with that a lot in the real world so practice now.

• No, just no

In what way does a uniform help with students? The clothes my classmates and I wear should not main problem with what goes on in school. It's always been called a distraction, but the only thing its distracting are the teachers and the principals-which actually worry me. Wearing a spaghetti strap shirt or leggings does not want to make me or any other person less attentive to class. What makes us less attentive is boring class talk, excessive homework, the need to everything on our when we need help the most. Learning is supposed to fun; I have had teachers who are fun and we still get work done all the time. Also they in my eyes the school dress code only seems to apply to girls; most of the things they have listed to not wear applies only to female clothing, that's sexism right there. As teens, children, and adults alike we should have a right to express ourselves. It helps us find who we truly are as a person and clothing is a main part of it. If anything, having this topic around really bothers me, especially when so many kids in the world cant even have a chance to get an education. That is what's important!

• Freedom of expression in your clothing.

You can express your self with your clothes. Many people consider fashion a hobby and forcing them to wear a uniform would be denying them of their hobby. There should be dress codes to make sure no one is showing to much or wearing anything innapropiate. Still students should be allowed to have their own style.