Should unvaccinated children be banned from places likes schools and daycares?

• Feel free to not immunize your children, just don't put mine at risk.

"The right to swing my fist ends where the other man’s nose begins." -Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.

The state should and can not force anyone to immunize their child, but they also can't responsibly operate institutions like schools under the premise of their being safe if they admit non-immunized children who risk the safety of the rest. The right not to immunize your child should end with the right of my child's safety.
    It would also be wrong to deny the costly healthcare needed for children who develop diseases like measles or rubella, due to their parents refusal to understand the overwhelming majority of medical advice. But I would beg those parents to consider what they are costing the rest of us.
    When you live in a society you should consider your obligation to the collective, rather than your own right to disregard medical recommendations.

• Gggggggggggg ggggggggggggggg gggggggggggggg

Gggggggggggg ggggggggggg gggggggggggggggg gggggggggggg ggggggggggggggggg gggggggggggg ggggggggggggggg gggggggggggggg ggggggggggggggggg g g g gg g g g g gggggggggggg gggg g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g

• All children should be vaccinated

The parents need to get the message that not vaccinating your child is not acceptable. Parents who are anti-vaccinations need to do their research again, e.g. the MMR/autism scare came from false research and was quickly disproven by leading doctors/researchers. Unvaccinated children put other children at risk (especially children relying on herd immunity due to allergies to vaccinations.)
    Being vaccinated isn't bad at all. I have been vaccinated against measles, mumps, rubella, human papilloma virus, tetanus, whooping cough, pneumococcal infections, polio, diphtheria, hepatitis A and B and meningitis C (And I will vaccinated against TB next year). This means I am incredible unlikely to have any of these illness AND cervical cancer. And, I will vaccinate my children because being vaccinated means I can enjoy life without worrying about any of those illnesses. Therefore, my children won't have developmental problems from rubella, or suffer the hundred-day cough or die from measles or be paralysed from polio or suffocate from tetanus.

• All children should be vaccinated

• All children should be vaccinated

• Keep unvaccinated kids far away. Crackpot parents raise crackpot children.

Keep your sick children far away from our kids. You freaks can believe in Scientology and government conspiracies all you want. You can home school your kids and teach them to wear tin foil hats and fear everything. Sickness spreads fast. But this sickness unfortunately starts with these crackpot parents.

• Just do it

Unvaccinated kids should be banned. For the safely of other kids and themselves. It's not fair for other kids to get sick when stupid parents don't vaccinate their kids. I have a kid who has medial reason why she can't get vaccinated and because of those stupid ones who just don't want to do it, I have to already homeschool her.

• Society Before Selfishness

Science has proven and continues to prove with numerous studies that a vaccinated population creates a society where few become seriously ill or suffer from secondary effects of vaccine preventable diseases. All members from our youngest, to immune compromised, to our most vulnerable people are protected. Those who don't vaccinate show that the public's health is unimportant and should not be in public places.

• Most definitely. There's just too much risk

Sick children are very likely to be contagious and in contact with other children, way before the sickness is evident, or severe enough, for them to be kept home. These illnesses look like a cold or allergies at first as well. How many keep their kids home at that point. This being a big reason why others catch it. Not just kids either but ones that are comprised bc of chemo or other things even if they themselves are vaccinated. There are also some that still get infected even when vaccinated. Why as a parent would you want yo send your kid to school during an outbreak when they are unvaccinated? How would you feel if another child DIED bc of YOUR child or another child's younger sibling or immune comprised gets sick and dies or starts having febrile seizures due to the fever and then gets brain damage? How would God feel about that?!
    In 2008 there was a measles outbreak. After a trip an unvaccinated boy came bck but didn't know he contracted it. Then he gave it to 11 other unvaccinated children. 3 were not medically able or too young to get vaccinations. The CDC noted that all 11 cases were “linked epidemiologically” to the 7-year-old boy and that the outbreak response cost the public sector $10,376 per case.

• Unvaccinated children put other people at greater health risk

Vaccines prevent illnesses but are most effective if the majority of the population is vaccinated. Immune compromised people can literally die from someone exposing them to disease. One of the markers of a society invested in its people is when all have equal protection from harm in its many forms. Science should trump a belief system based upon fallacy such as the anti-vaccine group. Unvaccinated people cause harm to society by taking a chance with other people's children.

People have the right to choose to not vaccinate their children but they still must face the consequences of their actions when they cause harm to society. The recent outbreaks of once rare diseases show the consequences when unvaccinated people expose others to diseases.
    Also, disease outbreaks can be traced to patient zero. Litigation should be allowed against people who cause outbreaks, and litigation should also be allowed to recompense the loss of public and private time and money spent combating the outbreak.

• Amerika the Beautiful

It surprises me not about one-third of the responses are for banning kids because they did not take the mercury-laced shots the government is trying to force the public to take. I for one would welcome my children being banned from daycare as I think only irresponsible parents put their kids in daycare in the first place. That being said, there are some parents who wish to not put their children in DC but just don't have the means. My kids have never been to a babysitter let-a-lone day care. Imagine that, a father who actually takes care of his children? Wow, what a mess the world would be in if we all did not vaccinate our kids, we homeschooled them and actually did our job as a parent and care for our kids instead of dropping them off at DC, school, summer school, camp, swimming lessons... . Our kids need us more than we need a night on the town with our buddies, drinking. If we spent the needed time with our kids they would grow up to believe time is important, money is not.
    Our kids need their parents not vaccines but the regurgitation of the masses replete with ignorance will surface to the top most often. Our kids will be vaccinated zombies. Government knows all and we should follow them blindly to our deaths!

• Why punish the child

There's no point to banning unvaccinated children from schools or daycares. Vaccinated children will already have protection from any disease for which the unvaccinated children may become carriers, and the parents of the unvaccinated children have already--through their decisions--assumed the risk of any disease their children may contract. Those who desire protection are protected, and those who don't aren't. Any further action, such as banning, is simply punishing the children for a decision their parents made.

• All children should be vaccinated

• If you are vacinated how are you suppose to catch it?

THease unvaccinated children should be allowed to becasue if the vacinated children are vacinated they will not be able to catch any illness from the unvaccinated children becasue they are vaccinated?! F f f ff f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f

• I'm in school and if you ban me then it's by my free will

I will absolutely not have anything to do with vaccinations. When I was younger they literally grabbed me and tried to force a vaccination on me before my mother intervened and rescued me. If their so good then why are the forcing it on us?

My family is also very herbal and my auntie actually broke out with SARS when it first came out. But without even going to the hospital we used herbs like goldenseal and tea and she healed all on her own. I trust my own healing abilities and I feel like vaccinations are messing with something they shouldn't be.

If you ban me from schools and my siblings and others like me then so be it. I'd rather grow up with my family then a world terrified of sickness and disease when the world is overpopulated as it is.

If I were to die by a sickness I would not be upset and I'd hope others wouldn't be either. The more you try to escape sickness the more it will come to you.