Should US foreign aid be tied to recipient abortion policy: Would funding abortion cause more people to get abortions?

• Yes it will cause more woman to get an abortion.

It however doesn’t matter if funding caused more woman to get abortions, it is the incrimination facture not quantity of woman. The crime confessed can be charged indefinitely, why all woman being asked to confess to receive Emergency medical treatment?
    Abortion is a confession to a crime. Confessions are legal, it is the crime that is committed that may, or may not be proven legal. When the Government pays for assistance of any woman in order to receive medical treatment it creates an area of bias.
    To understand the point clearly, ask yourself these questions. If a woman has a Gender Specific Amputation what evidence can be collected that might suggest a crime has been committed?
    If a woman has an abortion what evidence can be collected that might suggest a crime has been committed?
    The Hippocratic Oath of the Medical professional clearly provides a guideline here. Is a term like abortion necessary? Yes. Is it limited? Yes. Very!.

• There would absolutely be an increase in abortions

Abortions should not be funded in any shape or form. I've known countless women who have used abortions as a form of birth control and it is absolutely horrifying and not to mention, disgusting. I agree with the prior commenter, the U.S should fund birth control as a means to prevent abortions and unwanted pregnancies.

• Of course they would! Lol it convinced me.

Ate you kidding lol of course there would be more abortions cuz they would be free. What's not to love? However much they cost now is nothing compared to how much you would spend on the baby if you gave birth. This is anything I see that people don't understand. They still have this idea of adoption in their heads

• If it were free, more women would use it

Abortions are expensive. If they were free, or paid for by the government, more women would be inclined to get them. It would become a form of birth control if women did not have to actually fund the procedure themselves. Funding abortion would make it easier for people to get them.

• Look at Canada

Canada has a lower rate of abortion than the US. However governments that cover abortion usually cover birth control. (I don't see why the US can't cover both tbh).

Women seek abortion because they desperately don't want to be pregnant. This desperation does not disappear just because abortion isn't covered for them. This fact is most notable when abortion is made illegal. Illegal abortion is usually dangerous, yet out of the 48 million annual abortions worldwide, 20 million are illegal. The wealthy usually have access to safe abortion, because they can afford to. The poor don't need more obstacles for seeking abortion. It is a really cruel irony, because often economically disadvantaged women need to seek abortion in the first place because they are economically disadvantaged.

• Not very much.

I think that people who need abortions will usually find a way to have abortions. Funding or foreign aid will not cause the rates to shoot up. Sometimes in countries where abortion is illegal or difficult to obtain, they will resort to back alley methods which are unsafe. If people get assistance, they will be more likely to obtain abortions safely.